Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:17:24 AM
714197 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best. Wedding. Ever. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best. Wedding. Ever.  (Read 4803 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 08, 2007, 10:47:49 AM »

I'm back, and I'm wedded!  The trip was great.  Las Vegas isn't really my bag, I don't like glitzy tourist stuff, but we found some good record and comic book stores while the girls were off doing girl things.
Plus, Bob and I saw Spamalot.  That's something I never thought I'd be able to say.
And then, of course, we got married by Dyanne Thorne and Howard Maurer.  Incredibly nice people.  The wedding took place on the balcony of our Mt. Charleston Lodge cabin, looking out on Mummy Rock.  The ceremony was fantastic, nicely personalized since we've been corresponding with them for almost a year.  Howard did some silly musical gags on his keyboard, such as playing "Another One Bites the Dust".  Dyanne mentioned our sharing a love of cheesy movies during the vow, "which I am eternally grateful for", and said "by the power vested in me by the state of Nevada, and as Ilsa, queen of all that is evil" to marry us.
Instead of simply "I do," I said, to much laughter as no one but my two groomsmen were expecting it, "I do.  I swear by my leather jacket and rock & roll - I swear I love you."
Pictures pending.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 10:53:20 AM »

Congrats Brother R!  Good to hear that everything is going well!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 11:06:15 AM »

Yo Brother R.
You still got that pair of shoes I left with you when we took that road trip up to Wisconsin back in '03?

I expect them to be polished and waiting for me!   Smile
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 08:39:41 PM by Ash » Logged
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 11:51:33 AM »

Welocme back, Brother, and congratualtions on your foray into wedded bliss.  i wouldn;t trade it for anything!
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 11:56:21 AM »

Congratulations, Brother R!

I won't tell you that, once they have achieved their goal of forcing you to marry them, women completely change.  For example:  they start growing hair on parts of their body that were previously not so hairy.  Really.  It is a scientific fact.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 01:04:54 PM »

I won't tell you that, once they have achieved their goal of forcing you to marry them, women completely change.  For example:  they start growing hair on parts of their body that were previously not so hairy.  Really.  It is a scientific fact.

You need to stop marrying 10 year olds then Andrew. Sorry, somebody had to make that joke and I was willing to take the bullet. TongueOut

And Raggy's already gotten my congrats, and I don't have enough congrats to keep handing them out, so I'll leave it at that.  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 06:08:03 PM »

Congrats on getting hitched, and congrats on having fun and doing it your own way. Tht'll make the memories even more special.

Vegas, Python, and bad movies connections, awesome!

Congratulations, Brother R!

Like we dudes don't do the same thing. But how long until the better half has to to start shaving the tops of her toes when she shaves her legs?

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
raj

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 10:37:22 AM »

Congrats, Brother R.  Sounds like a fun, very personal wedding.

Dyanne Thorne, is she a minister in some church now?
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 06:07:02 PM »

Congratulations!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 06:43:28 PM »

Dyanne Thorne, is she a minister in some church now?

Both she and her husband Howard Maurer (also a veteran of the Ilsa series) are PhD's in comparative religions.  They can do a service in any style you want.  We aren't particularly religious people, as you might guess if you saw my record collection, so we just had her use a bunch of Native American poetry and blessings.

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 11:13:31 AM »

Hey Brother R, sounds like a cool wedding.  Many wishes for a long and happy marriage.   

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 02:04:46 AM »

I have a few pictures up at myspace.com/brotherragnarok if y'all're interested.  I think I may have just made up a new contraction.

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best. Wedding. Ever. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.