Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:14:40 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your NUMBER 1 coke/soda/pop? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Your NUMBER 1 coke/soda/pop?  (Read 30439 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2007, 02:04:00 AM »

I rarely drink soda, favoring milk, Arizona brand tea, and Sobe Life Water/Snapple Antioxidant Water/Glaceau Vitamin Water, but when I do drink soda, I'm definitely a Coke guy.  Anything diet is for Nazis.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2007, 04:56:45 AM »

No, that's Big Red cigs.   Wink

Actually, I think it was Red Apple cigarettes.

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2007, 07:45:57 AM »

Anything diet is for Nazis.

Or Diabetics.  TongueOut

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2007, 12:44:35 PM »

Ash is 100% correct, it was Red Apple cigs. 

I don't recall if they made an appearance in Reservoir Dogs but I know for a fact that they have been in all of his films from Pulp Fiction on.  I recall Bruce Willis buying a pack at the bar when he meets with Marcellus Wallace in Pulp.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 07:57:21 PM by Skaboi » Logged

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2007, 07:11:52 PM »

Ash is 100% correct, it was Big Apple cigs. 

You mean Red Apple cigs.    BounceGiggle

They also made an appearance in Kill Bill Vol. 1.
When The Bride arrives in Tokyo, she walks by a billboard advertisement on the wall that shows Sofie Fatale with a Red Apple cigarette in her hand and a pack of them next to her.

EDIT:
Here's the pic...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 12:48:38 AM by Ash » Logged
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2007, 11:29:50 PM »

Goya is in Wal-Mart and the Southern Family Market chain (IIRC) around here. Never tried any of them.

I think Big Red was sold around here when I was a kid but I could be wrong.

Like I said earlier, used to drink a lot of Cokes/sodas, but have weened down to very few. I drink iced tea still, unsweetened when I eat out. I switched to decaff at home, and am cutting down the amount of sugar I put in it. may go cold turkey on the sugar in it at the new year.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2007, 09:20:21 PM »

I used to love Vanilla Coke, but I don't drink soft drink any more.

Now my vice is coffee, but freshly brewed.  I buy the beans from Starbucks, grind them at home and into a coffee plunger they go!

When I lived in Canada a few years ago, I loved Cherry Coke and they had Coke that had a bluish tinge to it which I think was blueberry (?).  Unfortunately, we don't have any of that stuff in Australia.  If we didn't I'd probably go back to drinking it.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2007, 07:46:42 AM »

Of the major brands, I prefer Mountain Dew, Pepsi, and once in a while Coke.

My job though, is in a restaurant with over 100 different types of soda, many pure cane types too.  It ranges from the major types to our own brands of soda.  So someone could waltz in and order a cherry chocolate soda, made with cherry and chocolate.  Or they could go the opposite direction and order a chocolate milkshake, only substitute the milk for Coke and have a chocolate coke shake.  Good stuff.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pilgermann

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2007, 01:35:29 PM »

Same as everyone else I'd be better off not drinking soda, but I love the stuff too much, unfortunately.  My all-time favorite would be Coke. 

Recently I've become a fan of Vernors, but I can only find it at one particular Kroger near where I live.  Ale 8 One is another fine ginger ale and a local favorite, but Vernors kicks its ass I'd say.

One of my best friends introduced me to Cheerwine a number of years ago and it's a wonderful cherry flavored soda.  His grandmother lives in North Carolina where it's made and he'd usually come back with a stockpile of it after visiting her.  For a while I could find it locally at Wal-Mart and a couple of convenience stores, but noone seems to carry it anymore.  :(

I haven't had Sun Drop in many years, but I remember during my elementary school years that I drank some one night and it kept me up until 3am.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2007, 11:52:28 AM »

Pilgermann,

I'm from NC and didn't realize that Cheerwine was a local soda.  I love the stuff, especially did as a kid.  Haven't had one in a long time.  Might have to hit up the grocery store tonight and pick up a 2 liter.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2007, 01:03:58 PM »

I have to drive to TN to get Cheerwine here, but that's only about 10 miles to the store. The local distributor doesn't come into KY and very few places carry it even in western TN. Good stuff.

http://www.cheerwine.com/

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2007, 04:51:24 PM »

Well here is a drink that for some reason is marketed mainly in KY and TX, it's made in TX and I rarely ever see it or here of it anywhere other than KY or TX. As far as I know.

We've had it here in Michigan for a looong time. It costs 89 cents...just like RC Cola. In fact...I'm drinking one now!  Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2007, 06:54:17 PM »

Cheerwine! However, they don't like "Yankees taking all the Cheerwine up North, or so their news correspondences will tell you (I know it's a joke) I generally only have access to this golden elixir when I'm down south or if I order a case, though, so typically Mug Root Beer or Jamaican Cream:

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
JJ80
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 03:22:37 PM »

Up here Irn Bru is almost an alternative national drink. It's like an orange coloured (but not flavoured) soda which I think is supposed to resemble molten metal.
Pilgermann

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2008, 05:18:54 PM »

Up here Irn Bru is almost an alternative national drink. It's like an orange coloured (but not flavoured) soda which I think is supposed to resemble molten metal.

I looked up Irn Bru and it sounds interesting, and apparently some US companies import it but the FDA lists it as a banned substance 'cause of carcinogenic coloring.  Booooo

Has anyone had Blenheim ginger ale?  I really want to try the stuff.  It sounds painful.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your NUMBER 1 coke/soda/pop? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.