Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:45:06 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Canadian Pig Farmer Accused of Serial Killings Found Guilty of Murder « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian Pig Farmer Accused of Serial Killings Found Guilty of Murder  (Read 7697 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: December 09, 2007, 11:41:33 PM »

OH tell me this isn't a movie about to be made.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316269,00.html

I was going to do one more; make it an even 50," Pickton told the officer, who had been planted in the accused killer's cell and gained his trust.

A day earlier, Papin's three sisters cried and clutched each other's hands in court while the judge reviewed the testimony of witness Lynn Ellingson, who said she walked in on a blood-covered Pickton as Papin's body dangled from a chain in the farm's slaughterhouse.

The judge also reviewed testimony of prosecution witness Andrew Bellwood, who said Pickton told him how he strangled his alleged victims and fed their remains to his pigs.

Health officials once issued a tainted meat advisory to neighbors who might have bought pork from Pickton's farm, concerned the meat might have contained human remains.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 02:02:47 PM »

Oh yeah, Robert Pickton has been a big news story in Canada since the cops started finding bodies back in 2002, and it kept growing as they dug up the farm over the following months. A real-life horror story about the worst serial killer in Canadian history. I'm pretty sure there has been some kind of TV movie. If not, it's inevitable.

I did read a detective novel a while back that clearly borrowed elements from the case. Set in British Columbia, it had a killer who picked up junkies and prostitutes in the seamier parts of Vancouver and hauled them back to his pig farm. Pretty much exactly what Pickton was doing. What wasn't fed to the pigs got hauled to the rendering plant, indistinguishable from the rest of the pig remains. Of course, the real story were the experimental Nazi superweapons in a mine on the farm, and that's where the similarity ends. Good book, actually.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 06:06:57 PM »

Michael Slade's Swastika.  Yup: the pig farm material could have come straight out of Slade (which is saying a good bit about how bizarre it is) but obviously was inspired by the reality.

Who needs to make anything up?  The world is full of weirdness and extreme behaviour.

I will be very surprised if there is no movie.  Does the existence of Slade's book complicate acquiring the rights?

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 06:30:02 PM »

Just checked my copy of Swastika, and it has the usual disclaimer. Any resemblance is purely coincidental, so it clearly is in no way based on Pickton  Lookingup
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 06:41:43 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 07:15:56 PM »

I live in the south and we have pig farms in the area (yes they stick) but the old story is, if you ever want to get rid of a body just through it in a hog lot and it'll be gone in no time.
If a hog dies in a lot it'll be 90% gone inside of a day.

But of you don't have a hog lot take to the swamp and they'll be gone pretty fast there too. Not a trace.

Torgo

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 07:20:23 PM »

Woner if he's a fan of either Hannibal or Snatch?   TeddyR TongueOut

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 12:36:50 AM »

What about the bones, or at least the larger ones like the femurs? Don't you still have to dispose of them? Or do the pigs eat those too?

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 12:56:54 AM »

What about the bones, or at least the larger ones like the femurs? Don't you still have to dispose of them? Or do the pigs eat those too?

Pig will crunch them like candy. A hog can get up to well over a 1000 lbs. and have some powerful jaws on them.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Canadian Pig Farmer Accused of Serial Killings Found Guilty of Murder « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.