Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:41:21 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  DC Animated Series « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Animated Series  (Read 6493 times)
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« on: December 11, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »

I always liked DC's animated shows (most of them), especially Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, and especially Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.  I know there was a Static X series but I'm not too familiar with that.

I have a few seasons of Batman TAS, one season of Batman Beyond, and about half of the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited and I must say I really like JL ...especially when it gets to season 2 of JL and season 1 of JLU (really season 3) with the whole Cadmus angle.  The last season was a nice wrap up and a good use of the Legion of Doom as well.

I have to say the final two-part episode was a great wrap up of the entire series run...I don't want to spoil it but it's a great payoff - glad I was able to get the DVDs and watch it all at once rather than waiting week by week to see what happens.

Of course, Batman is my favorite character, but the series has reintroduced me to a few others that I've started like that I kinda forgotten about before.  Martian Manhunter comes to mind -he's a good character with some cool abilities.  Wonder Woman has become respectful in my mind - a good redemption from what was ruined in those old cheezy 70s Superfriends shows.  And I like the John Stewart Green Lantern better than any other Green Lantern I've seen before.  And I have a renewed interest in the Flash, not to mention a good reintroduction to some of the classic DC villains I had forgotten about like Solomon Grundy, Grodd, to mention a couple.

Anyway, I hear there's a Justice League movie coming out in a few years.  I have yet to form an opinion on this but I'll probably see it.  I just hope they don't "Batman & Robin" it real bad.  Any opinions on the upcoming movie, the animated series, or even the comics?
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 12:13:32 AM »

I like all the new DC Animated Series except for Teen Titans. I haven't seen it on tv in a while so hopefully they cancelled it.

Kinda off topic but does anyone remember in the early 90s when comics used to be insanely popular. What happened to that?
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 12:50:23 AM »

I'm a big fan of all of them but especially BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, BATMAN BEYOND and JUSTICE LEAGUE/JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED. I also very much enjoyed SUPERMAN, TEEN TITANS and THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES but not at the same level as the first three. Truthfully I'd rather watch these cartoons than most others or most other modern day TV in general. I think the Question should get his own series and I've always wanted to see Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, or the Giffen-DeMatteis comedy version of the Justice League get some time.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 07:57:39 PM »

i really like Batman, Superman and the JL/JLU series.  there were so many nice touches to us long time fans that it really made it a joy to watch, and some of the casting was inspired.

Teen Titans- could have been good except for the faux anime style.  Batman Beyond was just another Robin in a batsuit, despite what they tried to say.  Batman Beyond just sucks period.

the Legion seems pretty good, though a bit overkill with 2 Supermen.  why not just use Supergirl, like they did in the JLU?

too bad Marvel can't get a decent adaption going.  those Ultimate things are awful.

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 07:41:12 PM »

I like all the new DC Animated Series except for Teen Titans. I haven't seen it on tv in a while so hopefully they cancelled it.

Kinda off topic but does anyone remember in the early 90s when comics used to be insanely popular. What happened to that?
Man that was a great time for me.  I was born in '84, and growing up then was great.  Between Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, then the DC and Marvel Cartoons, like, Silver Surfer, Batman, Superman, etc.  Great times.  I still have the cards I collected at the time from the different shows.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 08:15:13 PM »

in the 90s, comics fell victim to the "investor/collector" mentality.  those investors who ruined the sports card market, once they got their money, moved on to the comics market.  they bought "hot" books by the score, then sold them to unsuspecting fans for insane amounts.  of course, the companies kept printing bigger and bigger batches, and greedy fans bought more than one comic at a time of any given title, thinking in 2-4 months they could turn around and sell it to someone else... though if every fan bought 4, why would ANY fan want another copy?

sadly, most of the books were not well written or drawn (the mystery of Rob Liefeld's popularity continues to this day) and now you can by a box of Image books from the same time period for about a buck on eBay.

the shortsidedness of the comics companies really fueled this as well.  more people know about Spider-man as a movie or a cartoon than they know he's from the comics.  or the X-Men, or most any other heroes.  it's sad, but comics are a dying industry since they no longer appeal to kids of all ages, mostly just cynical horny fanboys.

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 09:54:18 AM »

Did any of the DC animated shows ever feature the Jack Knight Starman?  I remember seeing an issue of the DC Animated Series comic which featured Jack in a crowd of characters on the cover, but I don't think they ever got around to publishing an issue with him in it.  Of the DC stable, he was probably my favorite character and he was a member of JLA.  For a while anyway.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 03:14:56 AM »

I'm a Marvel fan at heart, I did like the X-Men (Evolution more than the first one) Spider-Man (the computer one, not that "kiddie" crap).   Even, Iron Man, with the whole "Force Works" Theme.  But my favorite is Batman: The Animated Series.  With villains like Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Ra's al Ghul, and of course Joker.  And the writing was good too.  And all the other DC cartoons execept for JLA Unlimited I haven't seen any of the episodes
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 03:19:55 AM by BlackAngel75 » Logged

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 02:04:53 AM »

i really like Batman, Superman and the JL/JLU series.  there were so many nice touches to us long time fans that it really made it a joy to watch, and some of the casting was inspired.

Teen Titans- could have been good except for the faux anime style.  Batman Beyond was just another Robin in a batsuit, despite what they tried to say.  Batman Beyond just sucks period.

the Legion seems pretty good, though a bit overkill with 2 Supermen.  why not just use Supergirl, like they did in the JLU?

too bad Marvel can't get a decent adaption going.  those Ultimate things are awful.

David

Xenorama:
I thought the Ultimate Avengers movies were very well done.  There was a series called Avengers: United They Stand which was pretty bad.
I trust you've seen the X-Men series?  That was mostly well-done, IMO.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 05:08:38 PM »

Love Batman: TAS Superman TAS, Justice League Unlimited.  Batman Beyond was pretty good as well.  didn't care for Titans.  Thought Static Shock was ok.

The Death of Superman movie wasn't my favorite.  Wonder Woman was pretty good, but since I'm not a big fan of the character, I might not have been able to get into it as much.

Green Lantern was my favorite.  I have some problems with it, but I can't talk about them without going into some major spoilers.  Which I don't.  I will say this.  The Sinestro in that movie IS Sinestro.   If you've been reading GL for the last few years, that's exactly how the charcter is .  Cold, Calculating. Driven.  Driven by what he thinks is the right way of doing things, even if it means sacrificing friends and allies along the way.

The Batman/Superman team up one is my second favorite.  Same reason I loved the Jusitice League unlimited cartoons.  So many guest stars and eye candy its awsome. 

Haven't seen the new one.  I will soon because a second cartoon of the Spectre comes with the DVD.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 05:11:10 PM »

i really like Batman, Superman and the JL/JLU series.  there were so many nice touches to us long time fans that it really made it a joy to watch, and some of the casting was inspired.

Teen Titans- could have been good except for the faux anime style.  Batman Beyond was just another Robin in a batsuit, despite what they tried to say.  Batman Beyond just sucks period.

the Legion seems pretty good, though a bit overkill with 2 Supermen.  why not just use Supergirl, like they did in the JLU?

too bad Marvel can't get a decent adaption going.  those Ultimate things are awful.

David

Xenorama:
I thought the Ultimate Avengers movies were very well done.  There was a series called Avengers: United They Stand which was pretty bad.
I trust you've seen the X-Men series?  That was mostly well-done, IMO.

I liked the X-men, Spiderman catoons.  Even the Hulk cartoon series was entertaing.  Most of the Marvel direct to dvd titles like the Young Avengers, and the Thor origins seem like bad fan fics.  

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  DC Animated Series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.