Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:48:51 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Girl, 10, Arrested for Using Knife to Cut Food at School « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Girl, 10, Arrested for Using Knife to Cut Food at School  (Read 16326 times)
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 12:16:07 AM »

Everyone was packing knives at my high school, couldn't be too big, don't remember what the size limit was. And they had to be folding knives, switchblades (even side folders) and butterfly knives were a no-no, but they still turned up. A coach even asked to borrow a knife from me at my prom to fix his camera. Then poked fun of the knife, even though it was exactly what he needed to fix the problem. Jerk.

Until the year before I had to do a demonstration speech, students were allowed to bring unloaded firearms to school to use them in their speeches.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
odinn7

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 12:39:49 AM »

A point that I'd like to make here...what, exactly, is this teaching this innocent 10 year old? Fine...it's policy...take the knife away and send a note home telling her parents....No, instead...have the cops come and take her away in front of her friends and peers. Oh yes...make her hate authority and cops at such an early age...make her scared to do anything...someone should be held accountable for this.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 12:22:29 PM by odinn7 » Logged

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 04:26:57 AM »

Speaking of holding someone accountable, I just remembered something that happened to my nephew a few years back. I don't know why I didn't think of this right away, but I guess it was a while ago I heard about this at a family gathering.

I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but he made some lighthearted threat (purely a joke) to a classmate, involving (get this) a laser. That's right. He was going to shoot this other kid with a fictitious weapon.

A teacher overhears, and next thing you know, he's pulled aside, the principal's on the phone and the machinery of stupidity is thrown into high gear. He wasn't arrested or anything, but I believe they did call the cops, and he missed the rest of the day.

Here's where I have to give my sister credit. She tore a strip off that principal. Made the woman cry. Kind of gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling to hear that, doesn't it?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
odinn7

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 12:24:08 PM »

Wow...I can't believe they didn't arrest him...who knows...he may have made a laser...

That's sad...but your sister did a great job.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 12:31:46 PM »

That's sad...but your sister did a great job.

She's smart, outspoken, and definitely not a person to p**s off. I can't say anyone in my family is the type who suffers fools gladly.

---------------------
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 10:01:37 AM »

A point that I'd like to make here...what, exactly, is this teaching this innocent 10 year old? Fine...it's policy...take the knife away and send a note home telling her parents....No, instead...have the cops come and take her away in front of her friends and peers. Oh yes...make her hate authority and cops at such an early age...make her scared to do anything...someone should be held accountable for this.

Exactly, calling in the cops is harsh and overkill. I suppose they can argue that if she brings a knife this time, she might bring a gun next time, but you could say that about any kid, especially one who hasn't been sent home already.

This is such a stupid overreaction to a girl using a tool for what it was designed for. Schools are full of things that can be used as weapons, do we have to remove or "childproof" all of them. The list would be limited only by your imagination, but anything with an edge, a sharp point, any blunt heavy object, or anything you could use as a club.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2007, 12:05:22 PM »

Exactly, calling in the cops is harsh and overkill. I suppose they can argue that if she brings a knife this time, she might bring a gun next time, but you could say that about any kid, especially one who hasn't been sent home already.

In your best Connery voice: "If she brings a shteak knife, you bring a carving knife. If she cuts a shteak, you shlice a ham."

---------------------
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Girl, 10, Arrested for Using Knife to Cut Food at School « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.