Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:31:11 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Guns for San Sebastion (1968) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guns for San Sebastion (1968)  (Read 3356 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: December 08, 2007, 04:53:23 PM »

It's 1746 and part time revolutionary/full time bandit Leon (Anthony Quinn) doesn't know what he's in for while fleeing his army pursuers he rides right into the Church. A determined priest named Father Joseph (Sam Jaffee) gives him sanctuary. When he continually refuses to turn Leon over, his higher ups transfer him to a forsaken parish called San Sebastion.  He smuggles Leon out and takes him along. 

Their cart is soon wrecked and the donkey runs off, so the two men have to walk to San Sebastion. When they get there the place is deserted and the church in ruins. They ring the church and get no response for a while, but then one of the local bandits shows up and shoots Father Joseph. The Father makes Leon let the man go before he dies.  While Leon is burying the priest, a gang shows up lead by Teclo (Charles Bronson). They mistake Leon for a priest (he has the priest's robe on) and they drag him behind a horse and then tie him up in tree.

When the villagers come down from hiding in the mountains and find Leon, they also think he is a priest. Seems whenever the village is prosperous, the local Indians steal their crops. Teclo and crew are the local protection racket gang. Leon helps the villagers overcome their fears and to stand up for themselves.

I really enjoyed the film and Quinn does an excellent job as the rascal with a conscience. I really like Sam Jaffee as the kindly but determined Father Joseph.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:04:52 PM »

Wonder if I've seen this film? I don't think so and I'll keep it on my radar screen. Made me think of THE PRIDE AND THE PASSION (1957), but it isn't the same film.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 10:46:17 AM »

Hey Scott, where you been.  This is your kind of movie, so check it out when you get a chance. I watched it on AMC.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 09:40:57 PM »

Trek Geezer, in the midst of a possible full conversion and trying to figure out where stuff like film and some personal revelations fit into it all. Though I see the divide and possible union of things this could still take a while to settle. Perhaps I may later stop watching movies altogether. Not because movies are "bad" in themselves, but rather more due to me eliminating my own self-indulgence and distractions.

Will keep checking in here. I own you guys that much just for entertaining me for so long.   TeddyR

Hey, maybe I should go to San Sebastion, Mexico? If not I'll attempt to catch THE GUNS OF SAN SEBASTION on AMC next time. Smile

« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 10:01:16 PM by Scott » Logged

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Guns for San Sebastion (1968) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.