Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:00:36 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Actually I am shocked........ « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Actually I am shocked........  (Read 4001 times)
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 15, 2007, 07:59:58 PM »

I was just looking through the list of reviewed bad movies and I gotta say that I am extremely shocked that Santa's Slay was not among them.

I mean really--consider the following facts about the movie:

The Plot:Santa is actually a demon(Satan's son I think) who lost a curling match to an angel thousands of years ago and had to be nice as a result--now the last year has ended and he goes back to his evil ways.

Fran Drescher is in the movie(the nasal voiced gal from The Nanny sitcom)

A Jewish pro-wrestler with a somewhat Jewish warrior type of name(Goldberg) and wrestling gimmick--plays Santa.

not enough? well how about this?

Half-way through the movie the Christmas/Santa hating scrooge-like hero--yes he's the hero---explain's the whole backstory of how and why Santa is evil. This is not so bad until you realize that it is done in a flashback and in EXACTLY the same type of clay/puppet/whatever-like animation that was used for Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer from the classic programs of old.

Anyhoo-I am not nagging or anything--just remarking I was shocked not to find it already here was all.

CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 01:19:19 AM »

Well write a review. There is a entire section of reader reviews here.

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 05:46:08 AM »

Santa-Satan! How could I have missed that? It all makes sense now!

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 07:59:05 AM »

It is not terribly unusual.  Unless someone has written a reader review, it means that the only source for one is me and I only do one (rarely two) Christmas-themed movies around this time of year.  "Santa's Slay" was one that was a possible choice this year, but I went with the weird and creepy classic "Santa Claus" from Mexico instead.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 11:20:11 AM »

I would if I could. I live out in the middle of the sticks(not my choice) and the closest Wal-Mart/Borders  or any actual store in general  is 100 miles away. 

BTW......

If anyone is still interested in learning more about this movie about "an evil jewish demon Santa who kills people" I put a link below complete with pics and sound-bites...

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/classic4.html

« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 11:24:38 AM by respectmeordye3 » Logged
316zombie
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 01:18:02 PM »

you should get hooked up with netflix,it's a lifesaver! i live in town,but don't drive,and the busses are a joke,i LOVE netflix!
hey,is that the goldberg guy that retired from wrestling last year?if so,this movie would make a great gag gift for my best friend,he's a wrestling fanatic!hates horror movies,loves wrestling,go figure...
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 02:18:20 PM »

I would if I could. I live out in the middle of the sticks(not my choice) and the closest Wal-Mart/Borders  or any actual store in general  is 100 miles away. 

BTW......

If anyone is still interested in learning more about this movie about "an evil jewish demon Santa who kills people" I put a link below complete with pics and sound-bites...

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/classic4.html

Do you have UPS or the Postal Service? With the internet nothing is further away than your mailbox.

respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 06:15:48 PM »

you should get hooked up with netflix,it's a lifesaver! i live in town,but don't drive,and the busses are a joke,i LOVE netflix!
hey,is that the goldberg guy that retired from wrestling last year?if so,this movie would make a great gag gift for my best friend,he's a wrestling fanatic!hates horror movies,loves wrestling,go figure...

None other. Heck not only is Goldberg the only wrestler in it either---Zeus-the evil wrestler villian from a bad Hogan movie called No Holds Barred and who eventually became a real wrestler is in Santa's Slay as well.......

As for UPS and Netflix? they don't really like to come out here........they come maybe once a month or two--the attitude out here where I live is surprisingly nasty for being a farming area.....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 06:18:06 PM by respectmeordye3 » Logged
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 03:48:26 PM »

I really liked this movie, the opening scene, where Santa kills the whole family at dinner, all the actors are Jewish: Goldberk, Fran, James Caan, Chris Katan, and a couple more. The fate of the world rests on the outcome of , , curling ? ? ? ? It's weird, but funny. I'd also reccomend Jack Frost and Jack Frost II, the killer snowman movies, , , not the Micheal Keaton family movie.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
316zombie
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 05:35:04 PM »

hey ghouck,what about the russian movie,also known as father frost?just kiddin,though i love the movie!
respect,are you telling me THE POST OFFICE only delivers once a month????netflix comes through the good old united states postal service!!as do most internet buys,like ebay,overstock,deepdiscount,amazon,etc...i'd be happy to help you navigate any of the above if you need the help!
zombie
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 11:37:03 AM »

No, the post office delivers every day. I just don't have the cash for netflix or other online movie services--I actually said what I said because I was in a bad mood. The small town I live in is as unfriendly as you could imagine and I can't afford to move. These folks around the town are incredibly nasty and have already pulled some pretty nasty crap on us.
316zombie
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 03:13:12 PM »

my sympathies,i grew up in new england with a kansas accent,i can relate...thankfully i'm back in kansas,in a wonderful neighborhood of great people...i wish you luck,or at least serenity to deal with the jerks without stooping to their level!it's hard,i know...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Actually I am shocked........ « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.