Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:22 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rosemary's Baby « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Rosemary's Baby  (Read 11812 times)
316zombie
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2007, 03:28:35 PM »

torgo,i'd go with repulsion.to this day,my hubby still thanks me for introducing him to it,and still has nightmares about the walls of hands every time we watch it,lol!
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2007, 07:14:49 PM »

Thanks for recommendations, 316Zombie.  I'll add them to my rental queue.

Teenagers are so fickle these days with movies.  It almost seems like you need the real Satan to jump out and bite them before they get scared  *lol*

I will watch Rosemary's Baby again in a year or so to see how I go.  I haven't really seen many older horror movies.  I think the oldest one I've seen was The Omen and then the next one with Sam Neill in it.  They were pretty good from what I remember.  But that was quite a while ago.

I'm not really a fan of Asian movies generally.  But I did enjoy The Host quite a bit.  And I saw a Godzilla movie where there were two American kids and their dad in it.  I think the Japanese parts were dubbed into English.  I guess that's not really horror, but I enjoyed that as well.

The oldest you've ever seen was the OMEN?
Noone of the early Universal Monster films? Or Val Lewton's RKO pictures of the 40's? No Lon Chaney Sr or Jr.? No Lugosi,Karloff, Lorre or Price?
None of the British Hammer Studio's pictures?
No PSYCHO? the original the HAUNTING? The BIRDS? No BLACK SUNDAY?!?!
No DEEP RED or the original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE? NO NIGHT OF THE KIVING DEAD?!!?
I...I feel faint....
Wow...I envy you! You've got a LOT of GREAT viewing pleasure to look forward to!  Smile
Me...I have to dig through obscure garbage to even find ONE gleaming nugget of GOOD horror... Bluesad
But...I've developed a taste for insanely, BAD movies...so it's not so bad...! TeddyR

Nope, never seen any of those.  I did see the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Jessica Biel and enjoyed that one.  I didn't really get into horror and gore until a few years ago when my 16 yo son was old enough to enjoy them.  He kind of dragged me along for the ride that way.  Until then I was more interested in comedies and rom-coms *shamedfaced*.  Although these days, horror/supernatural/terror/suspense/fantasy type movies are mostly what I watch.

I know I have a lot of movies to wade through and I figure I watch maybe 2 or 3 a week, so that leaves probably a lifetime of viewing still to go Thumbup

I've written a list of all the recommendations from this board and as I get through them I'll provide a critique.  I understand b-movies are an acquired taste sometimes, so be prepared for someof them to be trashed   TeddyR

Many thanks to everyone who have been quick to help out a newbie like me.   Smile

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
316zombie
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2007, 04:17:02 PM »

trashing movies is kind of a given here,killer,lol!
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2007, 06:15:57 PM »

Another Lewton movie is the CAT PEOPLE,which CURSE of the CAT PEOPLE was a quasi-sequel. Simone Simon plays a woman who...when sexually aroused, turns into a black panther (..or does she?) highly atmospheric and well done!

You know, none of the numerous reviews I've read of that movie give away that spoiler.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2007, 05:13:18 AM »

Another Lewton movie is the CAT PEOPLE,which CURSE of the CAT PEOPLE was a quasi-sequel. Simone Simon plays a woman who...when sexually aroused, turns into a black panther (..or does she?) highly atmospheric and well done!

You know, none of the numerous reviews I've read of that movie give away that spoiler.

Sorry! Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rosemary's Baby « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.