Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:52:18 AM
712923 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  ghosthunters « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ghosthunters  (Read 8137 times)
Dutchman
Dedicated Viewer

« on: November 03, 2007, 10:37:09 PM »

This Wednesday they'll do the reveal of any evidence from the live Waverly broadcast. I'm a fan of the show, but I had a few problems with the live show...the music was too loud and distracting, Steve & Tango acted like they were afraid to go in the room that Steve allegedly saw something go into, those girls were way too mean to that new guy(although I don't think he should win the job), and the already mentioned cameras constantly trained on the investigators. I didnt like the idea of the wrestler being on the show, but he surprised me by appearing to actually be interested in the paranormal and that freak-out he did at the very end was priceless...the man was scared witless. My biggest problem was when Steve & Tango was supposed to be the only ones on that level and we plainly see someone with a flashlight wandering around in the background and they try to ignore it...was this somebody planted to make the noises the investigators keep hearing? I have an open mind when it comes to the paranormal, and I like TAPS because they approach every investigation skepticly(most ghost investigators think photos/videos of dust, bugs & breath are evidence of the supernatural...ridiculous) but I can see where the producers might want to jazz up 6 hours of live broadcast. And, whats the deal with those friggin dowsing rods? cmon
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:37:08 AM »

I'll watch the evidence Wednesday. Not sure why, but I can watch this show non-stop when ever it's on and even watch repeats occasionally. I watched almost every minute of the live broadcast.

Welcome to the forum Dutchman.

Dutchman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:01:22 AM »

I watch alot of the reruns too, it's a good show. I also like Destination Truth and look forward to the new season. Would be nice if they would bring back Sightings, it had a good mix of cryptozoology, UFO's & hauntings

thanks for the welcome Scott, I'm actually a returning member but I doubt anyone remembers me.
Scott

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 10:14:23 AM »

Actually the name seems familiar.

I also enjoy DESTINATION TRUTH. Wish it was on a littler earlier though.

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 12:30:20 AM »

the wrestler was elijah burke. i thought it was funny that josh gates messed up and said burke was with "WEC", when he actually wrestles on ECW broadcasts. bravo. they're not even on a different channel, and the dude couldn't get his info straight? weird.

Dutchman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:52:19 PM »

well I don't guess everybody's a wrestling fan...why is it on the Sci-Fi Channel anyway?
Scott

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 07:12:33 PM »

Yea, I was trying to figure out what Pro Wrestling had to do with Sci-Fi back when they first aired there. I guess because they have some strange characters that resemble monsters. Maybe because they have become chemically enhanced monsters like some Sci-Fi comic book character or something.

I stopped watching wrestling after the recent tragedy and haven't watch any since. Ocassionally I'll look up the old time wrestling shows on Youtube from the 60's,70's, 80's. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 07:15:24 PM by Scott » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 08:10:17 PM »

well I don't guess everybody's a wrestling fan...why is it on the Sci-Fi Channel anyway?
Honestly I think the only reason, or main reason is, because Sci-Fi is a subsidiary of USA Network/NBC, whom WWE has a contract with.  And WWE already has 3 hours of programming on USA, and USA wanted some higher ratings on Sci-Fi, so they added ECW. 

I still say it doesn't fit, and it was terrible when it first came on.  They completely threw out what the old 'real' ECW stood for, and had wrestlers fighting Zombies, Ghosts, Vampires, etc.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pilgermann

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 04:56:46 PM »

I've been meaning to visit Waverly for years.  I currently live mabye 20 minutes away from it.  I don't care for how the owners have exploited it, though.  Instead of making some attempt to restore and preserve the place, they exploit its supposed hauntings for money.  But at least they kept it from being demolished I s'pose.

I still can't buy into any of these ghost hunting shows, but they're fun to watch sometimes.

Dutchman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 02:04:10 PM »

I live about an hour from Waverly, my wife is from Louisville and has been there
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 11:25:00 PM »

Honestly I think the only reason, or main reason is, because Sci-Fi is a subsidiary of USA Network/NBC, whom WWE has a contract with.  And WWE already has 3 hours of programming on USA, and USA wanted some higher ratings on Sci-Fi, so they added ECW. 

SciFi channel execs did some research and 50% of scifi fans were also wrestling fans (there have been wrestling events at cons I've been at, for example) so they threw it on and it regularly gets some of the highest ratings of the week (usually beating Battlestar).  The market research also explains Braveheart and Law and Order showing up (though I have some doubts on that last one).  I myself am sick of channels evolving into nothing to do with their names, such as SciFi having wrestling, TLC being all redesign shows, MTV not playing videos

RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »

Maybe you've seen the ads for it, maybe not.  A&E is running their own paranormal show starting monday the 10th called Paranormal State that follows the Penn State Paranormal Research Society around.  The footage looks pretty dramatic but for all I know, it could turn out to be as bad as Most Haunted.

I can't get enough of this s**t and it'll probably be a little while before the next Ghosthunters season starts.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Dutchman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 01:53:08 PM »

I watched a couple episodes of Paranormal State last night, wasnt bad (definitely better than Most Haunted)
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »

(definitely better than Most Haunted)
Maybe.

Check out the Paranormal State thread for my feelings on that show.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  ghosthunters « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.