Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:16:09 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hercules vs. the Hydra (Capsule Review) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hercules vs. the Hydra (Capsule Review)  (Read 15141 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 18, 2007, 12:45:32 PM »

The main muscle man from Greece has a lot to learn about love, because chucking axes at a woman is usually the wrong way to introduce yourself.  Lucky for Hercules, Jayne Mansfield is ready to teach him the basics.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 03:25:48 PM »

Hey that's Mickey Hargitay playing Hercules beside his wife Jayne Mansfield.  For anyone who didn't know, they are the parents of Mariska Hargitay who plays Olivia Benson on Law & Order SVU.

You're  right about one thing, those Hercules movies sure like to mix up their histories. I've got one called Hercules vs. The Mongols.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 02:44:04 PM »

Living in Texas, I just thought I point out, that--among other things--that originated in the Lone Star state, was the modern day concept of the rodeo. Little more then a hundred years ago, the cowboys of two neighboring ranches in west Texas decided to have a friendly competition to see who was the best at various events, we now associate with the rodeo. Thus was the first rodeo born.
Dave M
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 06:01:33 PM »

A lot of the Italian Hercules movies were originally about other hero's, like Maciste, but in the English versions they just use the most recognizable ancient strong man name. That's one reason why so many Hercules movies take place in weird places like Italy or North Africa. Or sometimes you see one with no monsters even.
Christian Soldier
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »

I had always thought that the first American rodeo was held in Deer Trail, Colorado on Independence Day, 1869; and that the Lone Star version of rodeo was an imitation of the vaquero pastimes already well established by the Mexicans, who were the first to settle in Texas.  Anyway, Hercules can surely wrangle!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 05:45:02 PM »

I had always thought that the first American rodeo was held in Deer Trail, Colorado on Independence Day, 1869; and that the Lone Star version of rodeo was an imitation of the vaquero pastimes already well established by the Mexicans, who were the first to settle in Texas.  Anyway, Hercules can surely wrangle!

Much of what Christian Soldier posted is true, so thank you for that correction to my previous post. I guess it all depends upon how you define the term "rodeo," as it was originally based on cattle herding techniques from Spain, which then were turned into informal events in the 1820s and 1830s in Mexico and the American southwest as the vaqueros and cowboys of that era competed to see who was best. These then emerged into the first "formal" rodeo which was held in Cheyenne, Wyoming in 1872. But, Prescott, Arizona has a claim with the first "professional" rodeo in 1888, when admission was charged and trophies were awarded. But, not a word about Texas. Thank-you again Christian Soldier for calling my attention to my previous post, so it could be corrected.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hercules vs. the Hydra (Capsule Review) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.