Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:50:36 PM
714339 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst of 2007 nominations sought « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst of 2007 nominations sought  (Read 5708 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: December 18, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »

As a relative newcomer to the board, I don't new if someone regularly hosts a "worst of" poll for the badmovies.org community, but its getting to be that time of year when we fondly look back on all the dreck we cinema masochists survived in 2007.

I hereby invite you to post your nominees in this thread for the worst movie released in 2007 (one nomination in each category per poster).  If there are enough responses, after a week I'll make a poll for the community to vote on.

I propose two categories: the "best-worst" movies (for five slime B-movies) and the "worst-worst" movies (for painful experiences worthy of a skull).

I'll exempt myself from the nomination process, only because I can't think of a bad movie dated 2007 that I've seen.  Heck, I'm still catching up on bad movies from 2007!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Texdar
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 06:38:50 PM »

Don't have a nomination for a five slime movie but my choice for a skull has to be Epic Movie.

I bent my wookie!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 07:18:55 PM »

Not counting the direct-to-video garbage that I so love to delve in, my nomination for the WORST high-budget, big-screen film has to be PIRATES III: WORLD'S END.  It was painfully hard to follow at times, and the ending stunk.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 07:30:46 PM »

I thought Pirates 3 was bad, although it didn't actually stink, it was awful and almost like a mish mash.

Epic Movie was tragic and painful as was Beerfest.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 08:07:34 PM »

Fantastic Four Rise Of The Silver Surfer

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Bonehead-XL
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 10:47:19 PM »

"Epic Movie" is obviously the worst film of the year, at least out of the ones I've seen. "The Hitcher" remake was painful as well. "Because I Say So" was pretty bad, too. "Unholy" wasn't awful, just silly and a wee bit stupid. "The Reaping" sucked pretty heartily. That's it for truly bad movies this year.

As for awesome stuff that happens to fall into the category of B-movies: As much as I loved "Grindhouse," its probably too slick to really count. In that case, "Black Sheep" has got to be it. It feels just like the kind of movies Peter Jackson use to make back when Peter Jackson was still awesome. Other pictures of note: "Behind the Mask," "The Tripper," "Wrong Turn 2" (a direct-to-DVD sequel that is actually better then the theatrical original), "Severance", and "Hatchet." And I'll be the one to defend "I Know Who Killed Me." I thought it was a pretty good atempt at an American giallo. I saw the first forty mintues of "Murder Party" before the disk quiet on me and was pleasantly surprised.

Of course, the year isn't quite over yet. I still need to see "Wristcutters" and "Driftwood," both of which look pretty good. 
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 12:48:10 AM »

I read about Hatchet in Rue Morgue, sounds like a real treat. Let's see, Skull and 5 slimes...

5 Slimes, for me, definitely has to go to D-Wars: Dragon Wars. Besides having a redundant title, laughable dialog and absurd scenes abound (the couple behind me in the theater kept questioning their own intellect and laughing at themselves and chortles would break out at unusual moments. My ultimate favorite line in the entire movie is when a homeless guy is crossing the street and almost gets run over by either the good or bad guys during an escape/chase and he yells out, I swear, "You lousy bum!" 

Have you ever heard someone laugh so loud that they fart?

Fortunately I was far away enough that that was all I experienced. Some scenes are just wildly unrealistic, including the lead guy getting shot in the arm and being fine moments later and not being questioned about a dragon-shaped tattoo you've had since birth. D-Wars has to be the best b-movie of a-movie proportions made in a long time, at least since Deep Rising.

Another nomination has to go to Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane. Besides having the best name ever, not only is it made by Newline, who also recently made an under-the-radar film starring Samuel L. Jackson and a bunch of snakes, it also uses the same plane. Wow. You'd think zombies on a plane wouldn't work. You'd be correct. A long build-up to a lot of fun and some great zombie effects (possibly even a nod to Resident Evil: Extinction!) You'll definitely want some popcorn and a good soda. (A few actors from The Mummy are even in it, fun!)

The Skull. This is a tough one because I can name at least two that may qualify, but maybe not for the right reasons. The Mist was probably one of the scariest King-inspired films I've ever seen and the creatures were great but the ending of the movie absolutely depressed me; I spent 5 minutes sitting in the theater saying, "no...no....no..." and spent the rest of the night in a deep cloud (my brother, who saw it with me, actually had to sleep in the living room.)

If that's not a qualifier, there's also Borat. To this day I have no idea what I think about that movie or why I sat through the whole thing. It was like an absolute train wreck. But that isn't a b-movie so I don't know

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 10:52:09 PM »

Thanks for all the nominations, guys (and gals)!  I thought I'd bump this in case anyone has any more to add...

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 07:40:32 AM »

Both my nominees are from categories that I don't believe exist yet, but if not you can stick 'em somewhere else. Both also actually come out of Rogue pictures:

Worst remake (I doubt if this should be a category since there are more of these than films themselves nowadays) goes to the minor suspense, teenybopper reimagining of the paranoid classic The Hitcher

Most underrated goes to Balls of Fury, I cannot understand the amount of hate this film gets! It's a good, silly comedy that doesn't have the big "boy-meets-girl, sexy BS with a relatively competant message about friendship that apparently redeems the whole thing" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829482/#comment that seems so beloved nowadays TeddyR.

Also there could be a category now for most original film, with all the remake, rehash, and ripoff stuff coming out these days. If this sounds good my nom goes to Awake, I dunno if it counts as a b-movie, but it's probably the most original horror/thriller type film I've seen in quite a while.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 07:44:37 AM by Mr. Briggs Inc. » Logged

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 10:40:19 AM »

my 5 slimes either goes to 30 days of night, The mist, or Sweeney todd.(though i need to see AVP:R)

as for the skull..... Halloween, hands down.
316zombie
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 04:15:21 PM »

skull-the usa version of premonition,it sucked,and was boring,to boot!
5 slimes?hhhmmm...i think it would be reincarnation,the asian one...i had to watch it 3 times to get the story straight,then i boght it!
most original?the boss of it all.nuff said.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 05:35:48 PM »

Both my nominees are from categories that I don't believe exist yet, but if not you can stick 'em somewhere else. Both also actually come out of Rogue pictures:

Worst remake (I doubt if this should be a category since there are more of these than films themselves nowadays) goes to the minor suspense, teenybopper reimagining of the paranoid classic The Hitcher

Most underrated goes to Balls of Fury, I cannot understand the amount of hate this film gets! It's a good, silly comedy that doesn't have the big "boy-meets-girl, sexy BS with a relatively competant message about friendship that apparently redeems the whole thing" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829482/#comment that seems so beloved nowadays TeddyR.

Also there could be a category now for most original film, with all the remake, rehash, and ripoff stuff coming out these days. If this sounds good my nom goes to Awake, I dunno if it counts as a b-movie, but it's probably the most original horror/thriller type film I've seen in quite a while.

It's a good idea, Mr. B. Inc., but I didn't want to do too many different categories.  There could be a worst actor, actress, monster, etc., if someone cared to post and make nominations. (I remember one year--2003, I think--there were enough movies made for Videoscope to give an award for "Best Clown Serial Killer.")

Anyway, I'll add HITCHER to the skull list, and BALLS OF FURY and AWAKE to the 5 slimes list.

Actually, this all makes me nostalgic for the days when Joe Bob would give an award for "Best Supported Actress."

D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 08:16:55 PM »

Pirates III wasn't perfect, but it was The Godfather compared to the real big-budget disappointment of 2007...Spiderman 3.

Venom was completely wasted, and the final showdown was just so shoddily thrown together and rushed.  And when I think of the Black Spiderman, I think of a ruthless, heartless, evil spiderman, and NOT a whiny, emo Spiderman who breaks out in musical numbers for no reason. 

If they even think about making a 4th film, then they'd better get their s**t together and remember what it was that killed the other franchises in the past...mainly, they should look at the Batman movies for an example of how more than one villain can hurt your film. 
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 09:02:59 PM »

As for awesome stuff that happens to fall into the category of B-movies: As much as I loved "Grindhouse," its probably too slick to really count. In that case, "Black Sheep" has got to be it. It feels just like the kind of movies Peter Jackson use to make back when Peter Jackson was still awesome. Other pictures of note: "Behind the Mask," "The Tripper," "Wrong Turn 2" (a direct-to-DVD sequel that is actually better then the theatrical original), "Severance", and "Hatchet." And I'll be the one to defend "I Know Who Killed Me." I thought it was a pretty good atempt at an American giallo. I saw the first forty mintues of "Murder Party" before the disk quiet on me and was pleasantly surprised.

Lots of good choices here man.  Severance is absolutely fantastic and is the best horror comedy since....Shaun Of The Dead!  The brits sure know how to make a funny damn horror flick.

Murder Party comes in a very close second.  I posted a review in Good Movies a while back but it sadly got no replies.  Anyway, the film is hilarious and the ending is one of the best of the year.  Funny, bloody, and very thought provoking actually.  I can't recommend that one enough!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 10:26:35 PM »

my 5 slimes either goes to 30 days of night, The mist, or Sweeney todd.(though i need to see AVP:R)

I can't wait for AVP:R TeddyR but I regret missing 30 Days of Night- i was in Mexico, an area with no cinemas, though the movie was actually on sale at the market while it was still playing TongueOut I didn't do it, thought that was cheating and prety much needed the 100 pesos for dinner. I'll almost agree with The Mist even though it was depressing, unless the nomination is for the creatures (or characters), in which case I'll throw in all 5 slimes easy. I'm trying to catch Sweeny Todd this week; in a word or two, if you'd help a guy make up his mind, how was it? It looked very dark to me but a recent TV spot seemed happy and whimsical so I'm a bit confused.

I've got so many movies I still have to see Bluesad

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst of 2007 nominations sought « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.