Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:38:31 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Which System should I go for?... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which System should I go for?...  (Read 2652 times)
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« on: December 19, 2007, 10:04:10 PM »

I was recently fortunate to win a competition at work, to see who could sell the most charity slips at the register...my prize was a 50 dollar Visa gift card.  I plan to save it until after Christmas, and if I get any other gift cards, for Best Buy or some place like that, I may use them to lower the price of a new game System...

I already have a Wii, so my choice would be between the XBOX 360 and the PS3.  Each has their pros, I think.  On the one hand, the 360 seems to be the hot system at the moment, with a lot of great titles (Halo 3 and Dead Rising for example), but at the same time, there are probably gonna be some hot PS3 exclusives coming out soon (God of War III and Metal Gear Solid 4 come to mind.)

What do you all think?  I'd like to hear some input from fellow gamers.   TeddyR
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 10:08:44 PM »

The Wii has a lot of fun games but it depends on if you take to the unusual control schemes of the games.

X-Box 360 has all of the great games NOW and many more are coming. 

But as far as horsepower goes, the PS3 will have a longer life span in terms of what developers can squeeze out of it. Also, what would usually have been Sony exclusives for a few months in the past (The GTA series for instance) are going to be coming out day and date with the 360 versions so they don't have carrot to dangle in front of gamers anymore.  I thought that the new Ratchet and Clank game was visually beautiful but I didn't think that the gameplay was as good as the PS2 games which is what I keep finding with a lot of PS3 games.  They look fantastic but the gameplay themselves isn't anything different than what you can play on the PS2.

The 360 seems to have the better match of graphics and gameplay IMO.

The PS3 is going to have Metal Gear Solid 4 though.

To be honest, it's really hard to say, but if you want to have the best library of games RIGHT NOW, get the 360.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Which System should I go for?... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.