Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:56:43 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Remember When « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: I Remember When  (Read 25367 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2007, 09:02:57 PM »

I graduated in 2002.

All I remember is, the police were pretty standard in showing up on a consistent basis.  School security was around, alot. 

Gangs were around.

Kids were urinating in the hall.

Some girl was raped.  Possibly more. 

Sex was a common theme.  Apparently one rumor was that a girl kinda had her way with a few football players after a game. 

Nice school. Buggedout

I'm glad I got out when I did, cause it's gotten worse.

No weapons as far as guns were around, but I heard some kids were found with knives.  Drugs were around too.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2007, 10:14:15 PM »

Sex was a common theme.  Apparently one rumor was that a girl kinda had her way with a few football players after a game. 

Eh...that rumor was at every school...so was the girl and the stuck hot dog.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2007, 12:38:49 AM »

"You guys got to have sex, drugs and rock & roll. All we had was AIDS, crack and Madonna."

This evening, I opened a party popper & got a plastic ring with one of those little puzzles on it, where you try & get the little BBs to go into the hole. It made me remember Cracker Jacks, & when the surprise inside was something you could actually play with, made of real live genuine plastic imported from Hong Kong.

I just realized something about school that I should've figured out years ago; We were required to have a #2 pencil. A"NUMBER TWO" pencil. Get it? #2? ... Aw, never mind.

In six days, we're gonna drop the ball again.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2007, 09:45:01 AM »

Eh...that rumor was at every school...so was the girl and the stuck hot dog.
That is true.  But thing is, I knew the girl the rumor was about and sadly, would actually believe it went down, based off of how she got around.  Only thing is, it's not something you walk up and ask about.  That thing though, I don't believe, although there was sex on campus.  Terrible school, I hated it.

odinn7

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2007, 12:21:59 PM »

I knew the girl in one of my schools that the football team rumor was about...yeah, she was somewhat easy but not THAT easy and I never did believe it about her. The poor girl was named Denise and so many people went around calling her Disease based on their thoughts of what everyone said about her. Too bad they didn't really take the time to get to know her as she was really quite a nice person.

It only takes one a-hole to start a rumor that can affect a kid for the rest of their school days...maybe longer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »

I knew the girl in one of my schools that the football team rumor was about...yeah, she was somewhat easy but not THAT easy and I never did believe it about her. The poor girl was named Denise and so many people went around calling her Disease based on their thoughts of what everyone said about her. Too bad they didn't really take the time to get to know her as she was really quite a nice person.

It only takes one a-hole to start a rumor that can affect a kid for the rest of their school days...maybe longer.

On the other hand, we had one girl in my school who would show off her rug burns to her "friends" before class started.  I wouldn't have touched that with a ten foot pole, even if it was covered in plastic wrap.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2007, 01:49:01 PM »

I got to stop one of those rumors one time....a dude called one of my best friends a "whore," and basically was trying to hurt her rep because he was mad at her about something.

I grabbed him by the neck and slammed his head into the wall.  He complained that it was none of my business.  He may have been correct about that, but he no longer tried to spread that particular rumor.

Nowadays, I probably would have been expelled, arrested, my parents sued and a lien put against my first born for sticking up for her like that.  Truth was, she was a really nice young lady.  I have NO IDEA what she did in private with her boyfriends, but she sure did not deserve that just because she did not loan him a calculator in math class or some such foolishness.

I too knew girls who had the 'football' rumor - heck, at my school, one of them was a teacher who was my best friend's mother.  Shoot, man, what galls me is that kind of thing does not end after high school.  In GRAD school, a group of people started rumors about a friend of mine - really stupid stuff.  And this was in a VERY socially and politically liberal college town.  I remember she was quite upset, wondering what the H she did to them to deserve it.

On the one hand, I don't care what people think about me, but on the other, I have to admit, I don't want people thinking I am a TOTAL butt hole ALL the time.  I imagine it is worse for a woman and rumors of this sort.  At least it used to be...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2007, 02:35:51 PM »

As I'm sure you all know stupid rumors are not limited to grade school and high school. I heard them in college, the military, offices, work, the barber shop, life in general.

Our high school football rumor was and I was on the team, was this hot but loose girl that "pleasured" so many player on the team after losing a bet that we'd lose against some team, that she had to go to the hospital and have her stomach pumped out as she had either a quart to 2 gallons (depending on the rumor) of "baby batter" in her. Interestingly not one single player I knew of or any player any one knew, recalled contributing to the "baby batter" cocktail she was rumored to have had in her. Mostly we were b***hing because we didn't and felt owed a BJ. One of the many football rumors that were told. Most involved sex, drugs, booze or violence. I could tell you dozens I heard in school and 1000's I've heard since.

So I learned believe nothing you hear and half of what you see and you'll be fine.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 04:56:43 PM »

So I learned believe nothing you hear and half of what you see and you'll be fine.

Haha! I grew up around an old Russian farmer,Nickoli  Siskaninitz, and he lived by them words! I did a lot of shoveling ear corn,cutting wood and fishing with his son Nick...and we drank a lot of his old man's home-made wine!
 This has nothing to do with school...but the saying jogged a few old memories.   Drink

That old man also taught me how to catch kill and clean a snapping turtle,butcher hogs,chew tobacco,skin game,and tell me stories about WWII and Korea. He was more of a father to me than my own . I miss that old man...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 05:05:20 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 10:17:49 PM »

The rumors are a bad thing, and ultimately she probably never did it.  It's really not something you approach someone with.  I never actually engaged in the rumor or spread it or anything, someone just mentioned it to me.  Not really my scene as I was a bit of an outcast.  I just stuck with my small group of peeps.

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 03:04:28 PM »

Ho boy, lemmie see I can remember that long ago. Lets see, When did I graduate.....Back in........spring of 2007? Boy, is THAT a stretch back in time! Yea back then, not a whole lot of really interesting things happened. Then again, it WAS just a crappy tiny chatholic school of about 450 people total, so all we ever got was the false bomb threat now and then.  And the potsmokers out on the footballfeild.....and of course my wonderous adventures in the creek BEHIND the football feild that I always sneeked to whenever we had an obnoctiously loud pep rally. I guess that about it.

And from what I hear, a teacher that was there last year isnt there anymore because she got fired because she got pregnant but not married. Catholic school. Go figure.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 02:32:40 AM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2007, 11:56:31 PM »

We never had the "team" rumor, we did have some girls with the slutty rep, one in particular who was supposed to have slept with scores of guys. Yet, strangely all her conquests were from other schools. She went to the prom with one of the most devoutly religious guy in the school, I'm convinced just to mess with people's heads.

We had a surge in girls getting knocked up from the time I hit 10th grade on. Plus my public high school was the unoffical place where girls at the local religious high school who got knocked up transfered to when they were kicked out. I used to joke we were going to need a day care center on campus.

The rumors really don't stop after school, I just heard a rumor today about two fairly level headed (and attractive) women at work almost getting into a fight over a certain goofy guy at work. This was strange to me since I had wanted to ask out one of them when I first started my new job, but was told she didn't date people at work because she had gone to lunch with him and he got "grabby" and it was awkward afterward. So either the guy is a pig or women can't keep their hands off him, or both stories are pure bunk.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »

High school was bad, but I loved it compared to the Catholic school I went to from 4th-8th grade.  That place was bad.  No violence or nothing, just the kids were terrible.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2007, 10:38:25 PM »

High school was bad, but I loved it compared to the Catholic school I went to from 4th-8th grade.  That place was bad.  No violence or nothing, just the kids were terrible.

I when from 1st to 9th grade in Catholic School and I was a left-handed Methodist which to the Catholics in the late 60's early 70's was about as near to Satan as you could get. I still have scars on my left hand from getting it hit and I can still write right handed if I have too. Buggedout

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2007, 11:03:10 PM »

I when from 1st to 9th grade in Catholic School and I was a left-handed Methodist which to the Catholics in the late 60's early 70's was about as near to Satan as you could get. I still have scars on my left hand from getting it hit and I can still write right handed if I have too. Buggedout
Did similar time in parochial school, though my parents' excuse was they were raising us Catholic... got a good education, though I can imagine what you mean about being a left-handed Methodist... we had other non-Catholics in the schools I attended and they were "tolerated." 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Remember When « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.