Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:43:51 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sequels that have nothing to do with the previous film « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Sequels that have nothing to do with the previous film  (Read 18221 times)
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2007, 04:54:50 AM »

Well the third one is a prequel since the bar is supposed to be grafted onto the same temple, and kind of a remake in a historical western setting. I liked it for playing with the set up of the first film and for working the mystery of Ambrose Bierce's disappearance during the Mexican Revolution into its storyline. Some pretty clever dialogue too.

The second is stupid and cheap, and gets points off for that teaser beginning. I would have rather seen that fake movie than the real one that followed.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2008, 04:54:48 PM »

I think worse than this is when they actually RENAME completely unrelated (usually foreign, particularly italian) movies for certain releases to try and sell them. There's DEMONS 3: THE OGRE, which is basically, well, THE OGRE, renamed to get sales, which has nothing at all to do with the story, the feel, the idea, the cast, or anything at all, of DEMONS.

While D3:TO was the only phoney DEMONS sequel to exist on DVD, on VHS in various places, there's a grand total of FOUR different movies released with the name DEMONS 3,  (only one of which, THE CHURCH (originally planned as DEMONS 3), having any connections with DEMONS), one ORIGINALLY named DEMONS 3 (though unrelated anyway!!) then renamed to BLACK DEMONS, then there's about 3 movies called DEMONS 4, and DEMONS 6: ARMEGEDON (Yes, Armageddon is incorrectly spelled in the name). Some are zombie movies, some demon movies, one a movie about some random satanic sect (!)... I don't think anybody has seen DEMONS 5, but it's renamed from another unrelated movie which is apparently a REMAKE of an unrelated movie from 1960.......

ITS BLOODY INSANE.

Basically, there are two Demons movies and there is a semi-prequel with a different name (The Church). Then there are about 10 random Italian unrelated movies renamed to have Demons in the title to make sales. And they didn't even bother to look for some of the many movies which even resembled Demons, just so long as they were horror movies, and they were Italian... I heard once that even Suspiria and Phenomena have been packaged with the Demons title on them.

Absolutely barking mad.

And we could make all the same complaints about the Italian "Zombie" pseudo-series -- especially the installments that include NO zombies.

Yeah, Zombie Flesh Eaters, as they call it here... I was going to bring those up, but I decided my post was too long and that nobody would bother to read it if I added any more!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sequels that have nothing to do with the previous film « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.