Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:23:28 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  b-movie PHOBIA!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: b-movie PHOBIA!!  (Read 5461 times)
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 05:04:25 AM »

I had a bit of a phobia about Salos, after all the hype that was built up, i was worried i wouldn't be able to stomach it. and although it was brash, it wasn't that bad. it definetly wasn't tasteful either though..

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 12:29:12 PM »

B-movie phobia???  You must be joking.  Doesn't exist for me. I love the stuff.  I haven't seen "I Spit on Your Grave" yet, but it sure as hell isn't because I'm afraid to watch it.  I just have other movies that are higher up on my to be watched list.  Quit yer whining, pop the movie in your player, and watch it already!!!  Sheesh!  And as far as nudity is concerned, there's nothing wrong with that!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 04:18:19 PM by the ghoul » Logged
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 01:51:29 PM »

wholeheartedly agree with ghoul.

It's funny in a way...as I get older and I have a daughter and a new love in my life...I find I have trouble with "brutality" movies. I love horror...I love gore...but I can really do without the sensless brutality in some movies. Hostel II comes to mind right off the bat...I saw it a few nights ago because someone had bought it for my birthday and I kept being questioned as to when I would watch it...so I broke down and did. The movie was weak but I also didn't like it because of the senseless brutality that the women faced. It makes me uneasy these days to sit and view that. I felt really odd when the nerd girl got it...I mean...at least make me hate the characters first, you know?

thats what hostel is about though. people being bought to be killed in any which way the buyer sees fit. if that aint your bag man then dont watch them. if you saw hostel then you knew the deal when you went into this one. but i guess you feel more for the woman characters rather then the male cast of the first. im not bashing you or nothin btw im just sayin. hostel 2 i thought was neat cause the movie bascially played from the POV of the killer(s) so i guess that brings the suspense down a notch cause you know who they are and what they are gonna do and why, you know?

Am I the only one who can recommend I Spit On Your Grave?

I had the same problem as you KYGOTC.  At the time, Netflix didn't exist and Blockbuster certainly didn't carry the film.  If I wanted to make myself see the film then I would have to buy it.

A co-worker of mine when I worked for the state, knew of the film and actually owned it.   Buggedout  She said she saw it on a double bill with Dawn Of The Dead back in the day, and she let me borrow the VHS.

It's actually not as bad as what everyone makes it out to be.  The rape scene is extensive but it mostly consists of close ups of the attackers, not much more than that.  I ended up fast forwarding through the rape, not because it was excessive but because it was just going on and on.  Rape scenes, if they have to be in a film, should be done quickly and to the point.  They shouldn't be dragged on and on.

Anyway, once you get past the rape, the film is pretty interesting.  As RC said, the film has no music which makes it so much more haunting.  Give it a watch, it has a bunch of scenes that I would consider classic.

first i wanna say that i thought that blockbuster comment was funny because i bought the unrated VHS from there when they were getting rid of all of their VHS. I do own this on dvd though.

ill recommend this as well if you dig exploitation/revenge flicks i mean it might not be the best movie but its definetly a staple.  the rape scene is rather extensive but when you see it , its not what your expecting, at least it wasnt what i was expecting. its pretty tame for the most part, but i mean its a friggen rape its not gonna be all sunshine and rainbows. by the middle-end of the film your rooting for this chick cause shes kicking ass an taking names like nobodys buisness. the tub scene that was mentioned earlier makes me cringe everytime.

i was going to say " Are you kidding me? you can watch all that and not some stupid rape scene?" then i realized that saliva grosses me the f**k out (if someone gets spit in the face in a movie)  and when people scratch their fingernails in movies ( ala stir of echos) i hate it. but i like blood, guts and everything else cept spit and fingernail scratching.
316zombie
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 03:47:52 PM »

TGWD, try tormented,it's actually not a bad movie!it has a bad rep for several reasons pertaining to its distribution(i.e.on the spook show spectacular dvd,or alpha's version),i know mst had a part in that too(still an mst fan,lol!),mainly for THEIR rep for bad movies.trsust,me,you'll walk around shouting"tom stewart killed me!"for days! BounceGiggle
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 04:27:27 PM »

TGWD, try tormented,it's actually not a bad movie!it has a bad rep for several reasons pertaining to its distribution(i.e.on the spook show spectacular dvd,or alpha's version),i know mst had a part in that too(still an mst fan,lol!),mainly for THEIR rep for bad movies.trsust,me,you'll walk around shouting"tom stewart killed me!"for days! BounceGiggle

BounceGiggle

Ehh, why not?  That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
316zombie
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2007, 03:14:03 PM »

or more cynical,lol! i think it was groucho marx who phrased it that way Wink
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2007, 04:52:50 PM »

B-movie phobia???  You must be joking.  Doesn't exist for me. I love the stuff.  I haven't seen "I Spit on Your Grave" yet, but it sure as hell isn't because I'm afraid to watch it.  I just have other movies that are higher up on my to be watched list.  Quit yer whining, pop the movie in your player, and watch it already!!!  Sheesh!  And as far as nudity is concerned, there's nothing wrong with that!

see, its not the nudity that im afraid to see, its the over the top RAPE that im afraid to see. Dig?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2007, 05:50:56 PM »

Yea, that sort of thing hapened in "Snakes on a Plane" with that one couple who were going on their honeymoon and not being jerks or hatable charecters at al but get a realy nastey death anyway. That guys EYES were foaming from all the snake venom, man!

Thank you! It's such a sad thing.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2007, 10:58:37 PM »

see, its not the nudity that im afraid to see, its the over the top RAPE that im afraid to see. Dig?

Yeah I get what you are saying.  It just doesn't bother me to watch that kind of thing in a movie.  That doesn't mean I condone it in real life, of course, but I guess I've become desensitized to it on film.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 12:02:12 PM »

I rented this one a long time ago, glad it only cost a dollar, I didn't like it because I think it's just a bad movie, one I wouldn't watch again. That being said as long as you have it you might as well watch it, you never know, you might like it, if not, no harm done. Now to qualify this opinion and advice, you should know that I consider the film "Beginning of the End" to be a masterpiece of cinematic artistry.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 02:00:23 PM »

as far as rape goes, stay the hell away from irreversible, but the movie is fantastic. its a french film by the way.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  b-movie PHOBIA!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.