Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:56:54 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Santa Claus (1959) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Santa Claus (1959)  (Read 57636 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »

I remember seeing the MST3000 verison of this not that long ago and I thought the film was extremely odd and questionable at times with certain things (What's with the illegal child labor there Santa?).

Anyways, very good review and pretty funny as well.  Makes you wonder what the film creators were smokin' when they created this thing.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Flu-Bird
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 12:06:57 PM »

Oh man you talk of stereotyping showing those little african kids  with the bones in their hair and OLD PITCH looks like DARTH-MOL one must wonder JUST WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 09:14:22 AM »

Merlin the Magician invented LSD, angel dust, cocaine, and Splenda.

BounceGiggle

I think I'll watch this now!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
noodles
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 10:17:16 PM »

After reading this review a little over a week ago I had no choice but to watch the movie and managed to find a really cheap copy on eBay. It arrived this morning, just in time for Christmas, and I just finished it. Until I find something worse, this is the movie I will watch every Christmas. The horribleness is just too funny. BounceGiggle Thank you for leading me to find my new favorite bad Christmas movie.  TeddyR
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2009, 10:56:44 AM »

After reading this review a little over a week ago I had no choice but to watch the movie and managed to find a really cheap copy on eBay. It arrived this morning, just in time for Christmas, and I just finished it. Until I find something worse, this is the movie I will watch every Christmas. The horribleness is just too funny. BounceGiggle Thank you for leading me to find my new favorite bad Christmas movie.  TeddyR

Very welcome, and you'll probably be hard-pressed to find an oddity that is more enjoyable than that one.  It's still one of my b-movie holiday favorites!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
SecondClassCinema
Dedicated Viewer

Your B-Movie Buffer

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 09:38:35 AM »

What a great review and media package for this movie!  We recently reviewed this for our b movie podcast and it was a good time.

Check out "Second Class Cinema: The B-Movie Experience" podcast!  http://secondclasscinema.com/
Pacman000
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2018, 02:43:26 PM »

Finally saw this one too.

First thought: This movie had a budget; the sets are too large & ornate for a quick cheapie. And indeed it did have some resources behind it; it was filmed at Mexico's largest film studio. The cinematography is poor, but the few bits pieces of old Mexican movies I've seen are poorly shot. The dancers' choreography seemed off too; even if this movie wasn't cheap I'll bet it was made in a hurry. They needed more time to practice.

The parts in Santa's workshop aren't too unusual; they're just fleshing bits of a legend that's usually just left to the imagination, with a bit of modernization thrown in. How does Santa keep an eye on kids? Advanced Spy Gear. Where does Santa's magic come from? Merlin.

Some of the exact details are freaky tho. Santa's spy gear includes a Martian Eye from War of the Worlds!? And I expected one of those giant flowers to try to eat Merlin; The Little Shop of Horrors must've made a deeper impression than I thought.

And then there's Pip, the demon who tempts kids. You know what? His presence makes sense. A movie needs a bad guy; so they took the phrase "the Devil made me do it" literally. And he even gets a good line "they hear me as their own thoughts," said while he's coolly laying on a window ledge, taunting a treed Santa Claus.

This is the only movie I know which riffs itself. "No time for playing horsey, Merlin! Santa's in Trouble."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Santa Claus (1959) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.