Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:44:21 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Japanese Superheros in Football helmets with antennas « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Japanese Superheros in Football helmets with antennas  (Read 4723 times)
mixon72
Dedicated Viewer

« on: December 23, 2007, 09:59:30 PM »

Question

I don't know if I'm posting this to the right place....but........I remember as a kid coming home from school and watching this TV show in the afternnoons.  It was a Japanese TV program, there were 3-main characters I think, and they all wore what looked like football helmets with antennas.  One of them I specifically remember always wore a white turtle neck shirt, a red V-neck sweater, blue pants, and their boots came way up the leg.  Anyway, they battled evil and whereever the evil was taking place, all three characters would close their eyes and turn into jets (or rockets) to get to the scene of the crime and fight the bad guys.  I know it was foreign because the voice over conversion to English was so horrible.  But, I liked the show anyway. 

And there was another show that came on right after it, that had only one guy.  He did kind of the same thing, I think.  But, he had a gold face (or mask) with a leather jacket of some sort that was brown.  He turned into a rocket or flew also, and he actually fought like big lizards, and possibly Godzilla, but I don't think they called him Godzilla.  Anyway, I remember this one episode where the good guy got hurt really bad fighting evil and he had some cuts on him, and he bled yellow instead of red. 

Anyone seen either one of these? 
Merry Christmas.
mixon72
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 10:19:56 PM »

i can't identify those two shows in particular, but you might have more luck searching for it knowing that the genre of program you're looking for is called "sentai warrior". this covers everything from power rangers to inframan. most of it is live-action, but there are some animated sentai shows.

i'll just throw out a bunch of titles and character names to see if any ring bells:

kamen rider
kikaider
jet man
goranger
fiveman

mixon72
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 10:40:31 PM »

Thumbup

Thanks for the info!  I'll keep looking.  And just to clarify, this show was live action not animated in any way, even the lizards and stuff were cheesy rubber props.  And the years that I would have seen this would have been the late 70's / possibly the early 80's. 

And now that you mention it, seems like the kids in football helmets with the antenna had a superhero compound in a mountain cave. 
Ometiklan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 11:11:58 PM »

The show You are looking for is called: The Space Giants.
The Heroes name was Goldar.
His son was Gam.
And His evil Nemesis was Named Rodak.

Below is the imdb link..

http://imdb.com/title/tt0061299/

The second show sounds like: Spectreman.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 11:13:30 PM by Ometiklan » Logged

And when he shall die
Take him and cut him into little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 10:31:23 AM »

The second show could be Zone Fighter.  Godzilla, Gigan, and Ghidora showed up on that show a few times.  The Godzilla suit was also customized into several different monsters.

However, the look you describe for the hero sounds a lot more like Spectreman.

This is Spectreman:

This is Zone Fighter (with Godzilla):

« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 10:38:05 AM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 04:32:55 AM »

Gosh, you just summed up 98% of all Japanese tokusatsu TV shows. lol. Zone Fighter is definitely a prime candidate going by what you've told all of us.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
KreepLX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 12:16:48 AM »

I remember this... Ultraman 80 ring any bells?

Small | Large
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Japanese Superheros in Football helmets with antennas « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.