Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:30:28 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Late 80's Early '90 Buddy-Buddy Action Film set in Afghanistan « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Late 80's Early '90 Buddy-Buddy Action Film set in Afghanistan  (Read 57671 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 08:48:54 AM »

I have another that you might want to check out.  Not much to go on, but this one interests me a lot, so I keep rummaging around for possible leads:

Falcon's Gold (1982)

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 09:24:06 PM »

Thank you very much for not giving up on this. I would love to have a copy of this just to show people and watch them go "HUH?".

Unfortunately, it's almost certainly not Falcon's Gold either. I don't recall any nudity (there weren't even any women until the end, IIRC) and doesn't sound like Spetnzats troopers would show up in it.
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 05:43:51 PM »

Can anyone track down "Shocktroop"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206290/

The summary sounds like it is a possible candidate, though there's no mention of the orb.
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 12:43:42 AM »

Put in an order for Shocktroop. We'll find out in a couple of days if it is the one.
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »

Tape was defective jammed in my vcr. Hopefully it didn't bust it. Have to try again with a different tape.
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »

Well my second attempt at checking if Shocktroop is it, has shipped. Hopefully this one won't break as I'm FF through it to check out the end.
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 10:07:40 PM »

Ah well another swing and a miss it looks like. The ending is definitely nothing like the movie I remember. I've rewound through it to see if it might actually have been earlier in the film, but no such luck.

Pity it fit almost perfectly. Well at least my VCR still works.

Well I am still looking for suggestions. Anyone know of a Japanese language equivalent to this site?
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 11:09:32 PM »

Does anyone have a copy of "Interzone"

I found this description of it and the last bit sounds like it certainly could be it. The name Swan rings a bell and I can see how a post apocalypse world might be mistaken for afghanistan.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093268/
http://www.badmovieplanet.com/inferno/archives/interzon.html

"The first scene in the movie makes no sense. We meet our hero, Swan going to one of those after-the-apocalypse bars that happens to be in a cave. I'm not even going to elaborate. It was ridiculous, you couldn't understand what the people were saying and it really didn't help move the story along in any way. Well, then we meet the evil Mantis, a really buffed chick with an army of cutthroats and her partner Balzicon.(I'm not sure his name was Balzicon but thats what it sounded like) They happen to be attacking these monk like guys that protect the Interzone. Just so you'll know, the Interzone is the only habitable land left after the nuclear war. They don't explain that right away, I had to read the video box. The monk leader is injured after erecting a mental forcefield and before he dies he sends one of his men, Panasonic (!) to find Swan. Panasonic does find Swan. Together they free Tara, a slave girl, fight a fat guy and basically get captured by the bad guys. Swan's plan to defeat Mantis was to act like he wants to team up with her, betray Tara and Panasonic then free them. Then he and Tara go back to destroy Mantis' ammo supply and get caught. Mantis tortures them to death, but Panasonic comes to save them (too late) and uses his mental powers to resurrect Swan. This of course costs Panasonic his life. Tara is still dead at this point. Swan rushes to the Interzone and singlehandedly scares all of Mantis' soldiers away. (!) Then he fights and kills Balzicon. Then he fights and kills Mantis. Then we learn that the great secret in the vault the monks were saving is all the knowledge and beautiful things that mankind has accomplished. (GASP)"
Dubal
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 12:33:48 AM »

Here's a clip on you tube. Does it seem familiar?

Small | Large
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 07:24:06 AM »

I have "Interzone" in my collection.  It is an interesting loose-association match for what Puzzled describes.  It's a post-apocalypse story, with the main guy a loner (he does end up with the pretty girl and the young bald monk named Panasonic helping him).  The bad guys look like the normal bad guy mob in a post-apocalyptic film.  The monks do guard a treasure horde that consists of consumer items made before the world went to heck in a handbasket.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 06:15:52 PM »

I have "Interzone" in my collection.  It is an interesting loose-association match for what Puzzled describes.  It's a post-apocalypse story, with the main guy a loner (he does end up with the pretty girl and the young bald monk named Panasonic helping him).  The bad guys look like the normal bad guy mob in a post-apocalyptic film.  The monks do guard a treasure horde that consists of consumer items made before the world went to heck in a handbasket.

Ah, so no glowing orb then. There definitely wasn't a collection of consumer items, that much I'm sure of. One more swing and a miss then.
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 05:21:02 PM »

I was watching a truly magnificently awful film Bloody Mallory and it occurred to me that this might have been an italian or european film that was dubbed into English for release in Japan. As I saw a number of movies like that (Dario Argento mostly) and the wackyness of the plot does fit with what I've seen from other movies that have been also brought over. There is a certain european penchant for saying "screw logic or making sense".

Does anyone have any ideas as to where to look for such information on foreign action films. Unfortunately I don't speak any european languages.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Late 80's Early '90 Buddy-Buddy Action Film set in Afghanistan « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.