Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:46:05 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movie Christmas « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B-Movie Christmas  (Read 3171 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 25, 2007, 07:11:05 PM »

Wow, this one worked out for me.  Katie picked me up several DVDs, including "BMX Bandits" and "Slaves in Bondage" (old exploitation), while her mother gave me the WB "Twisted Terror" set that includes "Deadly Friend" and "The Hand."

The person who cleaned up was little Andy.  He came downstairs to find a setup with Godzilla, Mechagodzilla, and Mothra (the 7" Bandai figures) all arrayed against a force of plastic army men and tanks - his gifts from Santa.  Then, opening some gifts sent from friends in NY, he received the classic Godzilla and King Ghidrah Bandai figures as well!  The carnage through the house has been pretty awesome. 

Jenna also received a Japanese doll that she immediately dressed and started using as one of the Shobijin to sing to Mothra (the giant insect usually flew around, rescuing people or monsters from the fight).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 08:31:24 PM »

Sounds good.

I still have my big ass versions of Mothra and King Ghidora.  Think I have a Godzilla, but I'm not sure.  I had 3 of those monsters.  Might be Godzilla.  Definitely had Mothra and Ghidora.

They were from the mid 90's era of toys, and were like, maybe 11/12" figures, and had motion censors, so if you'd move a hand in front, they'd growl and all that, although Mothra's eyes would light up as well.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
dean

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 11:59:30 PM »

Haul was good this year too. 

Bladerunner Final Cut Edition in the suitcase  TeddyR

The Alejandro Jodorowsky Box Set  Thumbup

A comic about Philosophy called 'Action Philosophers' which is quite funny.

Also random things like tshirts, roadmaps, some cookbooks and crockery [the hint is to move out  TeddyR ]

Also got a Hard Gay game, which is funny.  Basically one of those 'in a barrel' games where you stick knives in the barrel and once you hit the right spot the character jumps out of the barrel shouting noises.  For those who don't know Hard Gay watch the clip below.  Best Japanese character ever!

Oh and to round off the night, I went by a friend's place to hang out and wish merry christmas etc, and Godzilla: Final Wars was on TV.  Godzilla must be doing the rounds this year.

[Btw Andrew I'm totally jealous of young Andy's score this year...]

So yes, watch the clip below.  ufoOOOOO!!  Thumbup

Small | Large

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:27:51 AM »

I found nine dvd's in my stocking.  Monster and vampire movies.  Made my family sit through "Killer Shrews".  It was great! My kids were totally stunned.

Now that he is in bed, I have to fight down the impulse to play with my 10 y.o.'s 12-inch RC Dalek...he'd hear it (and me!) anyway.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 02:27:11 AM »

Enjoy them all in good health and bad taste Smile

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 05:46:11 AM »

The only movie DVD's that I got for Christmas were Battle Royale and Sonny Chiba's Masutatsu Oyama trilogy. 
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 10:53:45 AM »

All I got this year were a bunch of DVDs (Posted in "recent purchases") and a printer... I could not be happier Smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movie Christmas « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.