Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:45:02 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst bad movie of 2007 (Skull division) « previous next »
Poll
Question: What was the worst (in a painful, skull-deserving sense) movie of 2007?
EPIC MOVIE
PIRATES III: WORLD'S END
BEERFEST
FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER
THE HITCHER
BECAUSE I SAID SO
THE REAPING
THE MIST
HALLOWEEN
PREMONITION
SPIDERMAN 3

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst bad movie of 2007 (Skull division)  (Read 4922 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: December 27, 2007, 09:25:05 PM »

Thanks to everyone who nominated these awful 2007 movies to warn others away!  Now its time to vote on the worst of the worst of 2007. 

Interestingly, THE MIST was nominated both for best and for worst B-movie of 2007.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 09:37:34 AM »

Of those movies listed, I voted Epic Movie.  Even the trailer was bad.

I may be in the minority but I wasn't disappointed with Halloween.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 09:57:43 AM »

christ you people thought epic movie was worse than the hitcher? you must have not seen it.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 10:06:16 AM »

I missed EPIC MOVIE, but I thought THE HITCHER was, well, OK.  And I really enjoyed HALLOWEEN.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 10:12:43 AM »

halloween apparently has a different cut, which i do want to see but the initial made me want to crucify rob zombie.
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 02:44:53 PM »

Okay, I didn't see The Hitcher, but I did see Epic Movie --
     How on earth can The Hitcher be even worse than Epic Movie?  Does The Hitcher contain endless, pointless musical rap-parody numbers that go absolutely nowhere at all?
No?  Then it is not possible that The Hitcher is worse --
     I rented Epic Movie looking for some cheap laughs, ala the Scary Movie franchise.  Did nobody involved with Epic Movie once say "Hmmm -- y'know, these musical bits just go on and on and on & . . . well, the humor content in them is sort of gone after the first 10 seconds.  Face it, Eric Idle we ain't!"?  No, apparently no one did. 
     This film was as unfunny and as huge a waste of time as anything bad I've ever seen.  I think I laughed once.  They even had to repeat unfunny jokes that failed the first time:  If one talking beaver joke falls flat, why FIVE talking-beaver references are going to be downright comical!! . . . uh, no . . . they're not.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
odinn7

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 02:47:45 PM »

A karma point for you Peter...

I agree with all you said....the movie was just plain unfunny to the point of being insulting.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 03:23:35 PM »

How on earth can The Hitcher be even worse than Epic Movie?
Because Epic Movie was basically a stupid minor blockbuster poking stupid fun at a few big recent blockbusters. The Hitcher was a upstart minor blockbuster that actually thought it could be as good as or better than a great old film by making it faster paced and removing most of the smart suspense, replacing them with a few cheap action movie thrills. When I see remakes such as this it becomes very apparent what old fogeys mean when they say young 'uns have no appreciation or respect for what came before them. Lookingup

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 10:17:20 AM »

How on earth can The Hitcher be even worse than Epic Movie?  Does The Hitcher contain endless, pointless musical rap-parody numbers that go absolutely nowhere at all?
No?  Then it is not possible that The Hitcher is worse --

No musical numbers, but the execution,acting,situations and dumb f**king character moves are so frustrating and rediculous its takes away any shred of hope for a decent flick. when i saw this it was the day after it came out, i went to an 8:00 showing with my girlfriend and there was 3 people in the theatre besides us that pretty much said "hey pal, this is gonna suck". it was actually kind of nice because i got to vent all of my anger right there and not really p**s anyone off who was enjoying this piece of s**t.

take a gander at this, i point out stuff mabey you might have missed upon viewing  TongueOut

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,112652.0.html
peter johnson

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »

No, as I said, I didn't actually see either the original The Hitcher nor the remake.  Yours is a fine vitriol-filled review,though --
But, as I noted earlier, no musical numbers.  Bad musical numbers go much further with me in the Pain department than plot-holes and logical flaws.
Sequels and remakes seem to bury the Crapometer needle faster and more completely than stand-alone bad films do, at least on this board.  Also seems linked in the remake dept. to how well one liked the original film.
While I have a slightly different take on this, I do feel your pain.  I recall walking out on "2010", the justly forgotten sequel to the great "2001" & just amazed that anyone thought they could put over a sequel that had none of the grandeur of the original, when the original was all about grandeur.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 02:03:02 PM »

I'm surprised that The Mist is on this list.  I know it's not for everyone but I liked it...IMO, It's the best Stephen King horror adaptation since The Dead Zone and Pet Sematary.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 02:12:30 PM »

I'm surprised that THE COMEBACKS isn't on this list. I heard it was horrible. I never bothered to see it because it looked so bad after seeing the first trailer that I knew it'd tank. But this year there was so many bad movies to choose from. The people who made EPIC MOVIE  and THE COMEBACKS both failed to realise they weren't Mel Brooks or in EPIC MOVIEs case Eric Idle.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 02:23:53 PM »

Anyone who watches anything by the 'scary movie' people, well, you deserve it.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 03:11:30 PM »

Anyone who watches anything by the 'scary movie' people, well, you deserve it.
Yes, and I enjoyed every second of it TongueOut (This is the original Scary Movie I'm talking about of course)

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 06:58:49 AM »

Looks like I was blessed last year. I have heard of about half of the movies and have seen none....

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst bad movie of 2007 (Skull division) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.