Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:02:55 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Friday the 13th: The Series « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Friday the 13th: The Series  (Read 10544 times)
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« on: December 31, 2007, 09:11:59 AM »

Small | Large

Another in the long list of bad TV - this short-lived Tales from the Darkside ripoff is based around an antique store selling items cursed by the devil.  It has nothing to do with the Friday the 13th movies nor does it seem to have much to do with the date itself, but I guess it was a good marketing ploy.  It was rumored that the final episode was going to center around Jason's hockey mask to show "some" type of connection to the films but the show was canceled before that could take place.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 02:13:42 PM by Mortal Envelope » Logged
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 10:04:40 AM »

I enjoyed the first season or so of this show; there were some very interesting story ideas, and the basic premise is okay.  The problem is that it was really only good for a few episodes, then it became incredibly redundant.

The key reason to watch this one early on was, of course, Roby.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 10:07:07 AM »

I used to enjoy that show.  The three main characters were quite likable and interesting.  It usually managed to achieve a somewhat "creepy" atmosphere.  Al in all, a fairly good time.  And Roby was pretty hot  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 12:55:37 PM »

Man, it has been so long since I've seen this show.  They used to run it on sunday afternoons on a local station and I always watched it backed up with the War of the Worlds series.  I loved it but I'm not sure how I would feel about it today if I saw it.

Apparently, David Cronenberg directed an episode.  I need to track it down.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
316zombie
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 05:17:41 PM »

i had the whole series for awhile,but after rewatching ALL of it,i sold it...i don't think i regret it,lol!
Dave M
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 09:48:59 PM »

Did someone say Robey?

Small | Large
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 11:07:34 AM »

Mortal Envelope,

Since when does three full seasons with 72 episodes qualify as "short-lived"?

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 02:12:54 PM »

Sorry - guess it ran longer than I thought.  Well, I guess it wasn't so short-lived after all.
Dave M
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 01:51:33 AM »

What, no love for that Robey video? Are you not AMUSED?

Ok, then, here's the official Robey website: http://www.louiserobey.com/
I linked it here one time before, it's great. It tells all about how she was countess for awhile and there are a bunch more videos like that (rm). Also, a great example of what can happen to a MB without someone like Andrew watching over it.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 10:52:14 AM »

Not so attractive anymore:

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
316zombie
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »

oowwwooohhhh!!! dang,even as a woman,i thought she was cute in the series!my hubby may have a coronary....maybe i won't show him that dreadful pic...
Dave M
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 05:28:01 PM »

I meant to ask, "Are you not ENTERTAINED?", sorry. I can't see her knees in that picture, but I can tell they're too sharp (I'm pretty sure that's a running gag over a large swath of the internet, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right). Seriously though, I cannot recomend that link enough.

I really miss those fluffy haired women with the big pouty red mouths.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »

It should have ran longer. It was a great show. It did some of the best shows I have ever seen on the subject of child abuse. Unfortunately, it fell prey to the "bluenoses," who thought there was too much violence on the air at that time.
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 12:53:02 PM »

I love this show. The whole "friday the 13th" thing was a last minute addition by Frank Mancuso in order to try and secure ratings; many hardcore fans perfer the original title, "The 13th Hour". The cursed objects were really cool, and to this day I still find myself thinking of new antiques and how they could have been cursed. 

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 08:04:52 PM »

I love this show. The whole "friday the 13th" thing was a last minute addition by Frank Mancuso in order to try and secure ratings; many hardcore fans perfer the original title, "The 13th Hour". The cursed objects were really cool, and to this day I still find myself thinking of new antiques and how they could have been cursed. 

Yup.  Nothing better than to watch Antiques Roadshow and try to come up with plot.  (Heavy geekery!)

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Friday the 13th: The Series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.