Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:24:23 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Roller Jam « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roller Jam  (Read 6885 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« on: January 01, 2008, 10:18:24 AM »

Anybody remember this show?  I was just going through my old video tapes last night and ended up watching a few episodes of it.  It started out really good in the first season, with great roller derby action and lots of sexy babes.  Unfortunately by the third season it had turned into a soap opera.  It was obvious they were copying professional wrestling, and the skating took a backseat to all the stupid behind the scenes shenanigans. 

A cool little slice of pop culture from the early 2000's  BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:48:14 PM »

I remember this.  I think it was copying pro wrestling, as a few other 'extreme sports' type shows were, like Battle Dome.  Roller Jam used to be on Friday nights after ECW, which is probably why it seemed to mirror wrestling.  I watched it , but didn't watch it often enough to say I was a hardcore fan or anything.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 08:51:24 AM »

Yeah, as the seasons went by you could see it getting more and more like pro wrestling with each episode.  In the last season they had guys climbing up on ladders and dropping down on top of another guy laying on a board so that the board would break in half, people getting hit over the head with steel chairs (but somebody else would jump in the way at the last second, so they'd hit their own guy), etc.  Skating went from 10 minute periods down to 4 minute periods.  It was actually fairly amusing at first, but they had to take it way too far and make the actual game a mere sideshow to all the silly and boring behind-the-scenes crap, meh...  If it would have lasted another season I guess they were planning on putting a steel cage around the the track for grudge matches and stuff  BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:19:54 AM »

TNN had an odd mix of shows on Friday and Saturday nights.  It'd be like, ECW, Roller Jam, Rodeo/bullriding shows, Monster trucks, etc.

Why'd Roller Jam get cancelled anyway? Low ratings?  I wonder if it was on the network now, with them having UFC, TNA Wrestling, and various other sports if it'd last.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 08:53:20 PM »

I used to watch this frequently although they added more of a pro wrestling attitude to it.  I also enjoyed watching Roller Derbys although I can't remember now what station was on.  Roller derbys seems to be making a big comback nowadays. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 02:19:07 PM »

All I really remember about Roller Jam is...Stacey Blitsch...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »

Is that the one where they were using rollerblades instead of the old skates?  The first couple of seasons were fun, but yeah, then it got all pro-wrestling on me and I stopped watching.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 09:00:02 AM »

Yeah, they used inline skates, except for one guy who was really old school, he was known as the King of the Quad for using old skates.  Kind of sad - the guy, Mark D'mato, was the main heel on the show, and he died of some sort of cancer soon after the show was cancelled.  Bummer, he always seemed in great health on the show, and he was one of my favorite characters.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Roller Jam « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.