Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:21:53 PM
714341 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Killer Bees? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Killer Bees?  (Read 10997 times)
Future Blob
« on: March 02, 2002, 12:25:00 PM »

What is it with the killer bees? I've seen 3 killer bee movies in a row, could there be a more pathetic enemy? Ooo a bee, it shall attack, it has the Honey of the Apocalypse! Oooo

Actually go watch Deadly Invasion, it's full of groaning moments (Darwin's Law doesn't work in it) and that guy from Airplane is in it, Robert Hays.
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2002, 01:18:09 PM »

Perfect follow on to an earlier posting. How many freakin' bees would it take to bring a man down, if he's in a bee sting proof suit? If the sting can't get to him, them bees are screwed! "Hey, Frank, hose me down with alcohol agine, then lets dance on 'em . i lead!" Poison threats are scary, as long as the humans don't have armor. Give 'em a fang/sting/spray proof suit, and its snake/bee/triffid clobbering time. Bee stings can kill, but them stingers can only go in so far.
AndyC
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2002, 02:07:00 PM »

Reminds me of Kingdom of the Spiders, and those great scenes of Shatner running like hell, dodging and jumping to avoid regular-sized tarantulas that are just sitting on the ground, doing nothing - little, squishy spiders. Step on them, Bill!

Of course, there is that scene where his sister-in-law gets tackled on the run by a bunch of spiders. Didn't see below her knees, so your guess is as good as mine how they did it. They were all over her from one shot to the next. Funny, nothing happens to Shatner when he KNEELS down next to her for a minute or so, brushing the critters off with BARE HANDS and doing his "Oh God, no!" routine. Great movie.
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2002, 03:16:42 AM »

Well, bee fair (owch).

The novel upon which The Swarm is based (very very VERY loosely) dealt with the impact the bees cause across the entire nation--not as a result of "normal" Africanized bees, but from attacks by an even more agressive and poisonous mutation over the course of years...as opposed to the movie's weekend-long rampage of train attacks and nuke-plant detonations (giggle) in Texas. Not exactly terrifying, no, but what really is in movies anymore?

You can't stay suited up all the time and still live your life. Jaws will not terrify anyone who lives in a desert, but anyone who's ever fooled around with a wasp's nest as a kid will cringe at certain scenes in The Deadly or The Savage Bees. (When it is explained that the dog--and consequently, all the bees' other victims--in Savage died with bees entering its mouth and stomach, yes, that's a bit creepy. A bit.)
Cullen
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2002, 04:11:44 AM »

They make me break out in hives.
Lee
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2002, 01:29:38 PM »

Lord help us.
yaddo42
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2002, 01:59:33 PM »

Sorry, I thought this thread was about the stand-up comedian KillerBeaz (groan).

There are still plenty of pathetic insect villians still to go.Since I'm from the South, I keep expecting someone to make a horror film about mutated swarms of willowflies, ciccadas (?), or sweat bees. Oops, I think I just gave Corman a few ideas....
AndyC
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2002, 05:40:07 PM »

I haven't seen killer ciccadas (a less lazy man would look up the correct spelling) but I recall they were what triggered the killer in Blood Hook to go on his killing spree. Frequency of their chirping messed with the plate in his head.
Future Blob
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2002, 06:09:40 PM »

Well there were killer grasshoppers but that was GIANT killer grasshoppers so it may not count...oo how about killer butterflies, or ladybugs?
Hairzilla
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2002, 10:24:36 AM »

Or possibly killer dung beetles... the $#@% has hit the fan! Hahaha! Now there'd be a truly ugly way to go! And I could just imagine the promo: "Laying waste to the world and a theater near you"!
Funk, E
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2002, 10:58:04 AM »

Yo Hairzilla:

What about the Mummy? Flesh eating dung beetles that can strip a person to the bone in mere seconds. WooHoo!
AndyC
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2002, 11:03:25 AM »

Killer dung beatles. I can just see the crazed insects rolling a big ball of do-do with bodies stuck in it.

As for killer lady bugs, that one would probably go over big around here. Last summer, there was a population explosion, apparently because of an abundance of food. They were all over everything. Not that they did any harm, it was just weird. Now that the weather's warming up a bit, they're already showing their little faces again. I can't say I've seen a lady bug in February before this year, but I've already seen several.

The question is, what would be the perfect tile for a movie about killer lady bugs?
Flangepart
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2002, 11:29:11 AM »

Humm...good point Squish. Even Sir Galahad coulden't live in his tin can. No..must fight off compulsion..to quote Monty Python...must.. avoid doing the expected.....help me!
Flangepart
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2002, 11:34:27 AM »

Um...."She swoops to conquor?",,no...ah, "Spotted death?"..Sucks....Dang...maby thats why some bugs don't get filmed....too hard to title the mess! Ticks, sure...fleas?i donno.....oh, man, that image of a dung pile full of bodys just rolling by....LOL!
The Future Blob
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2002, 01:54:41 PM »

They could do an Indiana Jones thing with people running away from a giant dung ball...

Or what about potato bugs? Armored Death! "We will destroy you, as long as you are on an inclined surface!" Or Dragonflies! I can't really think of a tagline, but they just look pretty cool.

Or, most deadly of all..."Butterflies: The Monarchs..of Doom!"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Killer Bees? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.