Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:33 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Too Good for This Movie! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Too Good for This Movie!  (Read 16138 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 09:52:23 PM »

nothin but trouble is great
I love it.  But most people tend to disagree with me.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 09:03:33 AM »

Pleasance sort of seems like he's slumming it in every single role he ever played.

Yeah but, he was Dr. Loomis.

I shot him six times! He's not human!
If that's not Elizabethan quality then I don't know what is.

How do you replace that?

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2008, 01:55:41 AM »

That's another problem. Guys like Pleasence or Christopher Lee tend to lift up the cheesy films they're in instead of being dragged down by them.

Funny, whenever Nothing But Trouble comes up, I always remember seeing an apologetic John Candy being interviewed on TV, saying something to the effect of "I don't know what happened. Sometimes things look good on paper."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 01:57:48 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2008, 12:37:26 PM »

That's another problem. Guys like Pleasence or Christopher Lee tend to lift up the cheesy films they're in instead of being dragged down by them.

Funny, whenever Nothing But Trouble comes up, I always remember seeing an apologetic John Candy being interviewed on TV, saying something to the effect of "I don't know what happened. Sometimes things look good on paper."

It's a bad movie, but I love it.  It's hilarious.

Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2008, 09:31:08 PM »

Since Anthony Hopkins and Freejack were mentioned, Hopkins said in several interviews he only really did the movie to meet Mick Jagger.

When Donald Pleasnce died, one obit mentiioned he was known in theatrical crilces for his work in Harold Pinter plays, but also noted that he loved getting to ham it up in the Halloween films.

I was going to mention Christopher Lee in Starship Invasions, which is so cheap it looks almost like a high end home movie. Or his work in Jess Franco Dracula due to it's cheapness, but it is one of the more loyal adaptation of the Stoker novel (in some respects) Plus Lee was apparently quite fond of it and thinks Franco is an underappreciated talent.

Okay, actual suggestions:

Kevin Spacey and Morgan Freeman in Edison Force
Charlie and Martin Sheen in No Code of Conduct,
Paul Scofield in the forgettable Scorpio.
Toshiro Mifune in Paper Tiger

Edited since I always get Paper Lion and Paper Tiger mixed up.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 10:15:57 PM by Yaddo 42 » Logged

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 03:23:26 PM »

I love the part where the judge uses an oil can spout on a can of Hawaiian Punch. Still cracks me up. I would love to have a spout like that for juice cans, as long as I could be sure it wouldn't contaminate the juice. Can you even get new, unused ones anymore?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 03:41:31 PM »

I'm sure it's been mentioned but if not, Christopher Walken and Al Pacino in Gigli.
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2008, 10:17:28 AM »

I'm sure it's been mentioned but if not, Christopher Walken and Al Pacino in Gigli.

No! I refuse to accept that Christopher Walken was in Gigli! It never happened! NEVER!

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2008, 10:53:11 AM »

No! I refuse to accept that Christopher Walken was in Gigli! It never happened! NEVER!

I feel the same way about Balls of Fury.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2008, 01:01:35 PM »

Yeah I thought the same thing when I tried to watch this movie...ug.  I'm pretty sure that it was some of that high tech CGI lifted from some other movie and inserted into Gigli.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 01:29:24 PM »

Gene Hackman in Loose Cannons, a kinda comedy cop-buddy movie with Dan Ackroyd, what a waste.

An even bigger waste was appearing in Superman IV, not only as Lex Luthor but as the voice of Nuclear Man.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 01:33:02 PM »

The complete works of Andy Kaufman.
It only makes his story that much more tragic.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2008, 09:18:37 PM »

I love the part where the judge uses an oil can spout on a can of Hawaiian Punch. Still cracks me up. I would love to have a spout like that for juice cans, as long as I could be sure it wouldn't contaminate the juice. Can you even get new, unused ones anymore?
I was flippin out.  I haven't seen it in a while, but HBO was showing it a whole hell of a lot around '99/'00.  I remember one time a cousin of mine slept over and I watched it like, 3 times.  My mom and cousin were like, "This is a terrible movie and a waste of time."

I loved when Digital Undergound shows up and just like, busts out a song.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2008, 12:39:32 AM »

Gene Hackman in Loose Cannons, a kinda comedy cop-buddy movie with Dan Ackroyd, what a waste.

An even bigger waste was appearing in Superman IV, not only as Lex Luthor but as the voice of Nuclear Man.

But Hackman and Michael Caine both went through a phase when both seemed to be in every movie that came out. I figured they were padding their pension funds as they passed their peaks as leading actors. So I tend to overlook some of the more dubious choices of both these actors.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2008, 05:50:33 AM »

I was going to say Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor in Superman, but he could have been a very good Luthor. I'm not talking so much about I, but definitely the Lester cut of II and that horrid IV. Hackman has a very good stage presence and could have pulled off a serious Luthor. Those Superman movies could have been so much better if they dropped the comedy bits and stuck to the source material.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Too Good for This Movie! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.