Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:05:13 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When is THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD going to get a DVD release? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When is THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD going to get a DVD release?  (Read 1976 times)
Chris K.
« on: March 02, 2002, 03:45:42 PM »

After seeing the so-so sequel RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD PART 2, I am dying to see the first version by Dan O'Bannon. And in fact, I am quite mad at Blockbuster right now. They have the video cover of RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD on their shelves, but I asked them if they have the literal video of it and they said they never even had it at all. That really astounds me even when they have the original box cover on the shelf! Jesus Blockbuster, quit getting rid of your older videos for God's sake.

From what I hear, a Special Edition of THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD is on it's way on DVD from MGM Midnite Movie selection. Is this true? I hope so.
J.R.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2002, 09:23:21 PM »

The reason Blockbuster didn't have ROTLD is because the movie's been on moritorium for a while. That was still a s**tty thing to do. It is true that the original is coming to DVD (YES!) sometime this year. There's an internet mailing campaign to convince MGM to make this a loaded disc, not the standard treatment most horror flicks get.
StatCat
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2002, 10:46:09 PM »

From what I've heard It's supposed to come out this summer. I can't believe you haven't seen it already, when you do you won't be dissapointed. I hope they do a decent job with the dvd because I've seriously been waiting years to see it re-released again especially on dvd with added features. The sequels aren't worth watching really, only if you really a die hard fan who searches for things. I'm still trying to find Scuz from ROTLD 1 in part 2 which he supposedly plays a zombie in, hes also in 3 as a lab tech. Worthless info but I just thought of it when thinking about the sequels.
J.R.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2002, 07:56:43 AM »

Here's the link o the campaign:

http://members.tripod.com/~evilbaby/ROTLD.html
Rev. Darkstar
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2002, 09:02:47 AM »

A loaded disk is out in the UK this month from Tartan video, the nice people that brought Battle Royale uncut to the British public. All Tartan DVDs are Region 0 so they'll play fine on PC DVD players, the downside is the picture will be B/W if you play it on your stand-alone unless its got a built in PAL-NTSC decoder.
Lee
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2002, 01:33:02 PM »

OK part 3 was a waist of time but part 2 was pretty cool. That scene with the zombie head with a screwdriver cracks me up.
Drezzy
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2002, 01:51:03 PM »

I preferred 3 over 2, actually. But the original kicks ass in every sense of the word.
Trevor the Rat
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2002, 08:17:46 PM »

just got one of the french door posters in the mail a couple of days ago and awaiting two other versions of the novel one is the alternative angle of the zombie on the front cover and another being the the novel completly in german with the zombie in the body bag on the front cover.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When is THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD going to get a DVD release? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.