Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:58:53 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you couldn't make it all the way through..................... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Movies you couldn't make it all the way through.....................  (Read 30371 times)
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 04, 2008, 11:17:18 AM »

Any movies you were not able to get through from start to finish?, I am lucky I was able to make It through Napoleon Dynamite---talk about stupid and unfunny-still don't see how the hell it got such rave reviews when it wasn't funny for one second, had bad acting, a lame story--and...well was lame from start to finish-but regardless I actually made it through that one.

Sadly however, I cannot say the same for Delta Farce--even had the usually hilarious Bill Engvall and D.J. Qualls (You notice I did not include Larry "The Cable Guy" ....when he starts being funny let me know) but I just had shut it off after about twenty or thirty minutes. Pure torture--for once a movie critic knew what they were talking about--shocking.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 11:35:30 AM »

I don't think I have ever intentionally stopped watching a movie before the end.  No matter how bad a movie is, I need to watch it all the way through.  If a movie is really bad, I may need to watch it in 15 or 20 minute segments.  But I always force myself suffer right up to the end.  One example is THE DEVIL OF THE DESERT AGAINST THE SON OF HERCULES.  I have this in Mill Creek's WARRIORS 50 MOVIE PACK.  It took me 3 or 4 sittings over a period of a few weeks to get through it, but I finally made it to the end.  The closest I have ever come to walking out of a movie theater was when I went to see DUNE.  That was a painful experience, but I stayed until the end.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:58:40 AM »

I started watching both Borat and Underground comedy movie.  Watched 20 min of both movies and refuse to finish them.  It took me maybe 10 sittings to finish Heaven's Gate.  I still have to finish Empire of the Sun, but I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and finish it (I want to though, I like what I see so far).

Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 12:05:24 PM »

I can't remember the name but I know that it was a Pauly Shore movie.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
peter johnson

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 12:08:52 PM »

I walked out of "2010" after about 20 min.:
An astronaut afraid of heights and noise in space drove me out of the theatre.
"Howard the Duck" -- Lasted about an hour.  Heard that the monster at the end was cool/worth waiting for, but I ducked out --
"The Valachi Papers" -- Pointlessly violent & bloody to no end.  After the 9th or 10th Gratuitous murder I just said "Who cares?" and bailed --
Then there was some Italian "Exorcist" ripoff, whose name escapes me, that opened with a woman vomiting in the toilet & closed for me when her tongue got ripped out --
I'm sure there are others, but these stand out in my memory.  Usually, though, if I can't make it through a film, I don't remember it because that usually means the film was pointless enough to forget about.  The ones I name weren't merely forgettable, just gawdawful --
peter johnson/cenny drane

I have no idea what this means.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »

Stick It - this has the additional distinction of being the only movie I couldn't sit through, even while while fast-forwarding through 90% of it.  They've got this 24 year old actress portraying an obnoxious, self-worshipping 15 year old.  The annoyance level was agonizing.

Anacondas:  Hunt for the Blood Orchid - So bland, generic and cliched I actually became somewhat angry after about an hour.  Just to make it worse, there's this horrible comic relief character that seems to get killed, but then it turns out he lived.

Death Tunnel - The whole thing's edited like an MTV video, with no scene lasting more than a few seconds.  Then it's off to a new scene, which will only last a few seconds.  Various editing gimmicks are used ad nauseum

Shaun of the Dead - I don't get the humor in this at all.  It just bored the living hell out of me.

Sleepy Hollow - I kept puzzling over why Edward Scissorhands was Ichabod Crane.  Then they showed a flashback of the headless horseman, back when he still had his head.  It made me laugh.  I figured that was enough of that.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 01:23:56 PM »

I have also made it through very few Will Ferrell movies--goes for Hallie Berrie too-or Wanda Sykes and Queen Latifa.

None of these folks are very funny--granted I found Ferrell funny in Elf but that was about it.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 01:44:50 PM »

Funny that, i loved Shaun of the Dead, but thats me.  My two, I finished them and wished I hadn't:
1) Requiem for a Dream
2) Wild Aces. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 01:53:37 PM »

Funny that, i loved Shaun of the Dead, but thats me.  My two, I finished them and wished I hadn't:
1) Requiem for a Dream
2) Wild Aces. 

Requiem had a great ending.  The film has a great flow to it as it get more and more frantic as the characters sink deeper and deeper into Hell.  But it's not for everybody.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Pilgermann

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 02:05:12 PM »

I think I left in the middle of Delta Farce 'cause it was only a technical screening, and I wanted to go home in the first place.  A co-worker came in about 20-30 minutes into it and finished watching it.  Even when movies are horrible I usually finish watching them if it's at a theater.

respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 02:59:53 PM »

I shut it off just after they found out where they really where.....
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »

I hosted an after school b-movie club in high school and one day i showed STAR ODDOSEY and 2 people besides me showed up. I got bored and left before it ended.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 04:29:11 PM »

I pride myself on a particularly resilient nature when it comes to awful movies.  That said, there are four movies which have bested me in one on one combat.

The Pest - Whoever thought this would be a good should probably be shot.  I have tried this one a couple of times and can never make it past the opening credits.  I s**t you not.  Sheer willpower is not enough to endure the stupidity of this movie.

Underworld - If I were a vampire or a werewolf and I had to spend eternity surrounded by other vampires and werewolves in the world of Underworld, I would throw myself on a wooden stake or shoot myself with a silver bullet, whichever applied to my particular affliction.  It would seem that life as a monster involves speaking to others in accents of undetermined origin with a very abrupt cadence.  Everyone sounds so angry at one another in that movie for no particular reason.  The action also sucked.

Freddy Got Fingered - There is a part of me that wants to believe that this movie contains some kind of hidden, Andy Kaufman style joke that will dawn on everyone twenty years down the road when it is hailed as a cult classic but I just can't find it.  It's not even like I think Tom Green is obnoxious.  The guy has his moments but I just cannot figure out what is going on in this movie.  I don't even know what it's about.  Something about a cartoonist.  Tom Green susbscribes to the loud = funny school of comedy and does a fair bit of yelling in this movie.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »

Freddy Got Fingered - There is a part of me that wants to believe that this movie contains some kind of hidden, Andy Kaufman style joke that will dawn on everyone twenty years down the road when it is hailed as a cult classic but I just can't find it.  It's not even like I think Tom Green is obnoxious.  The guy has his moments but I just cannot figure out what is going on in this movie.  I don't even know what it's about.  Something about a cartoonist.  Tom Green susbscribes to the loud = funny school of comedy and does a fair bit of yelling in this movie.

I hated that movie...couldn't stick with it either.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dave M
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 07:23:48 PM »

I'm sure I've said so many times here before, but the only movie I couldn't make it through was Terror Toons. I was like George C. Scott in Hardcore (pretty sure I used that exact analogy before too). "Turn it off, turn it off!" Actually kind of gave me a headache. My prime example of a bad movie that dosen't feel like it meant well, like a bad movie should.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you couldn't make it all the way through..................... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.