Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:58:57 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you couldn't make it all the way through..................... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Movies you couldn't make it all the way through.....................  (Read 30381 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 08:02:10 PM »

Let's see . . . I rented something called THE INVISIBLE that I just could not finish, and then there was ISHTAR . . .

Now if you start a thread of "Movies I WISH I hadn't finished", I'll have a LOT more entries!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 08:52:08 PM »

2001 - The ape men scenes were pretty good.  After that, 2001 became unforgivably self-indulgent on Stanley Kubrick's part.  I don't care how impressed he was with the sets and models, there is absolutely no excuse for the endless sequence of lengthy shots of that spaceship from every conceivable angle -- inside AND out.  I didn't make it past that.

Borat - I don't even understand what's supposed to be funny about this.  It's just some guy talking with a fake accent.  Are we supposed to find it amusing that the ignorant Amerikkkans don't relate to foreign cultures?  That's a pretty cheap shot considering that Borat and the culture he represents are fictitious, isn't it?

The Jar - A man comes into possession of a jar with a rubber monster toy in it.  Looking at the thing makes him insane ... I think.  Nothing much happens.  It was painfully boring.  It hurt me.  I might have watched it through anyway if not for the scene of the guy walking around nude with his dong flopping around.  That's just not my thing.

Firefly - The two-hour premiere movie.  I ejected the DVD about five minutes or so before it ended.  I hadn't liked it, so I just didn't see any reason to finish watching it.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 09:16:13 PM »

Man, there's a lot of hate for Borat on these boards.  I thought it was hysterical.  It's a stupid comedy a la Jackass.  I guess it's not for everybody.

2001 does drag (this is coming from a big Kubrick fan)...but if you watch it under the influence *ahem* it's a lot better.  Plus, I think that he was going for a natural sound-scape (outside of the classical soundtrack) and since there's no sound in space, he juxtaposed the beeping of the pod and Dave's breathing with the utter nothingness.  I'm guilty of fast-forwarding the movie when watching it...sober.   Wink

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 09:54:15 PM »

Freddy Got Fingered - There is a part of me that wants to believe that this movie contains some kind of hidden, Andy Kaufman style joke that will dawn on everyone twenty years down the road when it is hailed as a cult classic but I just can't find it.  It's not even like I think Tom Green is obnoxious.  The guy has his moments but I just cannot figure out what is going on in this movie.  I don't even know what it's about.  Something about a cartoonist.  Tom Green susbscribes to the loud = funny school of comedy and does a fair bit of yelling in this movie.

I hated that movie...couldn't stick with it either.

Yep watched about 15-20 minutes of it couldn't take it any longer.

D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 09:58:08 PM »

I have Borat on DVD, and I once loved it after seeing it in the theater with a bunch of other people...but now I can barely get past the first 20 minutes now, because I realized how repetitive and dumb the gag is ...Sacha Baron Cohen's entire shtick of making racists and homophobes uncomfortable, going back to the Ali G Show, gets really old after a while. 

Some people may hate me for this, but I only watched about the first 10 minutes of "Little Miss Sunshine" as well...to me, it just seemed like one of those "Oh, look how quirky and tragic we all are...aren't we funny?" films, like "The Royal Tennenbaums", which I could only sit through once.   It just looked too much like a Wes Anderson movie to me, and I just don't think I can stomach another one like that. 
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »

I pride myself on a particularly resilient nature when it comes to awful movies.  That said, there are four movies which have bested me in one on one combat.

The Pest - Whoever thought this would be a good should probably be shot.  I have tried this one a couple of times and can never make it past the opening credits.  I s**t you not.  Sheer willpower is not enough to endure the stupidity of this movie.

I kinda liked the Pest.  Watched it recently on FX.

I haven't been able to watch Star Wars parts 3, 4, 5, 6.  Only seen Episode 1 and 2, and if I didn't spend 10 bucks on the ticket for 1, I'd have walked out of the theater.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 01:25:13 AM »

The only movie I can not sit through is Manos, The Hands of Fate.  I litterally fall asleep watching that movie.  I have it on the MST3K Essentials Disk Set, but even with the help of the satellite of love, I can not defeat the nulling  Buggedout effects of the movie.

I can make it through anything else.

Maybe I should try on of those 5 hour energy drinks.  Cheers

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 01:38:23 AM »

Theirs only three movies I coudn't make it through that I remember: A Japanese movie called Whispering Corridors which I have on DVD that was so boring I took it out about the hour mark and one of the later Hellrasiers don't know which one because it was so damn boring I fell asleep. Finally a Anime movie called Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal. My friend wanted to see it and she was screaming at me to fast foward it because it was so slow.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:42:15 AM by rich andrini » Logged

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

peter johnson

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 01:43:20 AM »

Oh, jeez . . .
I promised myself I would say NOTHING if someone on this thread walked out on a movie I loved . . . buuuttt . . .
Really?  "2001"?  One of the most single elegant, grandiose, insightful, technically groundbreaking, visionary, omnicontented films ever made?  
Cheez Whiz, akiriturbo,  . . .  better not watch "Battleship Potemkin", or "Eraserhead", or anything else that explores Mechanism as symbol of Humanity . . .
Seriously, I'm sorry you didn't like the picture.  I know, of course, that not everyone will enjoy the same things, but I do wish you'd give that one another chance -- if for no other reason than people have been stealing from it for decades.  I saw it at age 9 when it first came out on Cinerama -- 3 screens bent together/120mm film stock . . . all the Cinerama theatres are gone now.  Also saw "Mad Mad. ..World" and "How the West Was Won" in Cinerama in New York -- and it's never left me.  Yes, it's always fun to be all drooged up when seeing it, but it still holds up straight as an interpretation of Arthur C. Clarke's vision of Alien Intelligence.  
Get past the spaceship exploration & get to the Giant Baby at the end.  Not many images in cinema can match that one . . .
peter johnson/denny oh what's the point . . .

I have no idea what this means.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 02:16:20 AM »

Chasing Amy
The only film I've ever walked out of the theater on.

Brazil
I know a lot of you guys love this movie, but I lasted all of 20 minutes before I ejected it and returned it to the person I borrowed it from.
I just didn't like the visual style and humor.

High Fidelity
Rented this one with a group of friends while I was down in Australia several years ago.
After a half hour of nothing but people sitting around talking in a record store, I had had enough.
Pilgermann

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 04:29:41 AM »

Brazil
I know a lot of you guys love this movie, but I lasted all of 20 minutes before I ejected it and returned it to the person I borrowed it from.

Stab me in the heart!  Oh well, I know that the style isn't suited to everyone, but it hits all the right notes for me.  Probably my favorite film.

Anyhow, as for 2001: Space Odyssey, I'm with Peter on this one.  I'm blown away by it just from watching it on an average sized tube television.  I'm almost afraid to see its awesomeness on a big theater screen.

You know what Warner Bros. ought to have done?  Since we're coming up on the film's 40th anniversary, and IMAX is popular stuff these days, they should've struck some 70mm IMAX prints for the occasion.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 07:11:21 AM »

Spice World...the minute Elton John appered in a cameo I decided it was all I could take.

I almost walked out on Titanic but I kept saying I need to see this ship sink. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
akiratubo

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 07:44:20 AM »

A Japanese movie called Whispering Corridors

Whispering Corridors is a Korean movie.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »

Chasing Amy
The only film I've ever walked out of the theater on.

Brazil

High Fidelity
Rented this one with a group of friends while I was down in Australia several years ago.
After a half hour of nothing but people sitting around talking in a record store, I had had enough.
I actually like Chasing Amy and High Fidelity.  My own personal likes though, differ from a lot of peoples.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 10:42:56 AM »

It's good to see some hate for 2001.  Personally I'm a sci-fi nut and could sit through it 100 times, but it makes no effing sense at all and man is it ever slow moving. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you couldn't make it all the way through..................... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.