Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:45:13 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you couldn't make it all the way through..................... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Movies you couldn't make it all the way through.....................  (Read 30259 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2008, 06:22:37 AM »

Haven't yet managed to finish "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."   I've tried but.... tedious...

Just seen this a couple of day ago. I admit I enjoyed it a lot! For one thing, it's the only movie I can think of that has two titles ("The brain that wouldn't die" at the beginning, "The head that wouldn't die" at the credits at the end). In between it's awkward bad acting, lousy editing, senseless dialogues, plot-twists that don't make sense, etc, etc. - exactly what I like, although quite bloody for that time. If you have the dvd, watch the scene right before the two girls in the night club start fighting in slomo, preferably picture by picture - the scene where one girl slaps the other in the face - you'll be surprised...I was rolling on the floor!

SPOILER following!

The end was somewhat weird. I wonder where the mutant is going with the victim and what will happen to her.

On the 8th day, Gawd made the BRAIN that WOULDN'T DIE. Amen.

The smarmy music as he's cruising around looking for some-BODY is graet. It's called 'the Web', I believe...I can't recall who's playing or who wrote it. I find myself humming it sometimes...

Ooooohhh Wah wah Ohhhh wah wah dig it dig it Wah wah wah wah wAH...
And the monster in the closet scared the crap outta me as a kid!
One of,if not THEE,best movies of all time. EVER. Yes-I'm serious...and don't call me Shirley. (sorry Ulthar....I know that's your line...)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:33:20 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2008, 11:22:32 AM »

I had a hard time getting through Barn Of The Blood Llama but after taking a breather I finally prevailed.  I figure not being able to get thru it all at once counts for something.   Gothic was another story.  It was just so revoltingly effete and melodramatic.  I think I only got through 20 minutes and ripped it out of the player.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:25:45 AM by Fishasaurus » Logged

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2008, 12:43:28 PM »

One of,if not THEE,best movies of all time. EVER. Yes-I'm serious...and don't call me Shirley. (sorry Ulthar....I know that's your line...)

'Sokay.  I dig this movie, too.   Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
odinn7

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »

I walked out of U2 Rattle and Hum as I considered it to be a self serving load of crap...

I fell asleep during Star Trek The Motion Picture in the theater and I was a kid at the time...not prone to sleeping during films but this one bored the hell out of me! Later in life I have watched it again a few times and It's really not all that bad.

I fell asleep during Lord of the Rings in the theater...I wanted to like this film...I really did...but hell, it bored me bad. I have tried to watch the others on DVD and can't make it through them either.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2008, 05:27:54 PM »

Haven't yet managed to finish "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."   I've tried but.... tedious...

Just seen this a couple of day ago. I admit I enjoyed it a lot! For one thing, it's the only movie I can think of that has two titles ("The brain that wouldn't die" at the beginning, "The head that wouldn't die" at the credits at the end). In between it's awkward bad acting, lousy editing, senseless dialogues, plot-twists that don't make sense, etc, etc. - exactly what I like, although quite bloody for that time. If you have the dvd, watch the scene right before the two girls in the night club start fighting in slomo, preferably picture by picture - the scene where one girl slaps the other in the face - you'll be surprised...I was rolling on the floor!

SPOILER following!

The end was somewhat weird. I wonder where the mutant is going with the victim and what will happen to her.

On the 8th day, Gawd made the BRAIN that WOULDN'T DIE. Amen.

The smarmy music as he's cruising around looking for some-BODY is graet. It's called 'the Web', I believe...I can't recall who's playing or who wrote it. I find myself humming it sometimes...

Ooooohhh Wah wah Ohhhh wah wah dig it dig it Wah wah wah wah wAH...
And the monster in the closet scared the crap outta me as a kid!

I agree with Frank & RC... BRAIN is an absolute bad movie classic.  You should give it another chance, Zap.  Or at least watch the MST3K version. 

"I'm just a head... and you're whatever you are... but together, we're strong!"

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2008, 09:27:01 PM »

It *is* the MST3K version I'm trying to get through...  nnnngh...

I've got to admit that the scene where he's cruising looking for women was one of the true "WTF?" moments of the film for me, though. 
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »

It *is* the MST3K version I'm trying to get through...  nnnngh...

I've got to admit that the scene where he's cruising looking for women was one of the true "WTF?" moments of the film for me, though. 

Ah, then try it without the commentary, so its unfiltered badness can wash over you...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you couldn't make it all the way through..................... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.