Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2018, 01:34:37 AM
597530 Posts in 46074 Topics by 6120 Members
Latest Member: eenkleemil
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 8850 times)
Dark Alex
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #255 on: May 23, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »

I used to keep Venus Flytraps. I'd even catch flying insects and feed them to the plants. All you really have to do with them though is keep them out of direct sunlight and give them water. I left Kristi to look after them for two weeks while I had to go somewhere and came back to find them all dead.

Went out a walk after work today since we are still having nice weather. This upcoming bank holiday weekend is supposed to be scorching weather.

This makes me suspicious as bank holidays never ever have nice weather.

The only reasonable explanation is that I have done one of my semi regular slips into an entirely different reality. As Sherlock Holmes would say, once you remove the impossible, what ever is left however improbable is invariably true.

I heard that one of my ex's has split up with yet another boyfriend in pretty much the same circumstances as she has split up with every other man she has ever been with. It is always all their fault. Still, she has (or at least had, I don't know if she still has) a group of friends who believe her every word and will no doubt coo all over her, offering an appropriate amount of sympathy and so on. I'd have to say though that Schadenfreude is my word of the day as although I've been trying not to, I can't help smiling when I think of her being miserable. Part of me is even tempted to drop her an email saying "Hey, how you doing? Been a long time. I am happily married with a baby, work is going great and life couldn't be much better. Hows things with you?" just to rub salt into the wound, but since it took me five years to get her to stop messaging me (to the point I had decided right, one more message and I am going to see about a restraining order) I am pretty sure I won't go down that path. She told me once that I would end up dying alone (along side telling me I was crap at relationships, rubbish in bed and all sorts of other things). Funny thing is, I believe ultimately we all die alone. However that what we don't have to do is live life alone, and I am pretty sure that is what fate has in store for her. Not something I'd wish on anyone, but I also wouldn't wish having to put up with her on anyone either.

On our walk today Kristi kept on asking me how I felt about various things that I have no particular opinion on either way. After the third, fourth or maybe it was fifth question I just started singing "I'm Easy". I also tried hitting the high notes, and putting high notes in where there weren't any. Given I will cheerfully admit that I am not a good singer, I'll let you imagine just how that sounded. It did get me lots of strange looks from people passing by (mind you, you should have seen the looks I was getting the other day in the local shop. I was carrying Ash in a harness with him against my chest and "Addicted To Love" came on the shop radio and I started dancing around with Ash), but it made Kristi laugh.

I'll do a lot to get to hear that woman of mine laugh. I love the sound of it, and if acting like a bit of a clown gets me there then that is what I'll do.

After we got home Ash wouldn't settle unless he was in motion. Kristi was trying to write some stuff for her new job and I wanted her to have peace and quiet for it, so I spent an hour walking up and down the living room to keep Ash settled. Eventually he went to sleep, so I've snuck him up the stairs with me. Had to change his diaper. He'd done a huge baby poop, so I was changing that and he decided to pee as well. He then started kicking his legs just to mix it all up together.

Yay for babies. Although more yay for the plastic changing mat I had him on which prevented me from having to scrub the carpet. Anyway. gave him a bath and now his mother is taking over for a bit.

An email went round looking for people to tell inspirational stories of how they got into their job to tell to school kids. I filled in the form, but I don't think they are going to want me to tell my story to children...

Still, overall today has been a good day.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:01:03 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

There is a secret song at the center of the world, Joey, and its sound is like razors through flesh.
316zombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #256 on: May 23, 2018, 03:32:28 PM »

let me give you an idea why these shooting are continuing, from personal experience.  my youngest niece goes to ashwaubenon high school, just outside green bay wisconsin. she graduates this year. but she, and about 1/2 of the other seniors will NOT be attending their graduation ceremony. why, you ask?
   because one of her classmates posted on instagram that he intended to buy a gun when he turned 18( which was last week) and go to the school and kill the people on the list he posted. he didn't say what day this would happen, and the only punishment he received was a week's suspension. he will still be allowed to graduate with his class.
 my niece and her crowd weren't on his list, but as she said, the people who are will be spread through the seated graduates and semi automatics in the hands of amateurs don't know who is who, they just spew out bullets.
   this boy has been violent since they were in junior high, and his parents have always bought his way back into school. THEY say he's " just kidding, it was a joke, he's a good kid".
   my cousins have been stationing themselves outside the school as a just in case, as there are only 2 security gaurds and plenty of easy access inside a school with many doors and windows.
  so my country family plans to host a ceremony for the kids who prefer not to risk their lives instead. the location isn't being broadcast, syd and her friends are gathering the list of people who want to be there, and they will be notified of the location that morning. the kids can pick up their diplomas at a later date, or have them mailed from the school.
  i sincerely hope the kids who DO go to the official ceremony are safe, but why take chances, right?
    i hate the thought that the kids in this country, especially my great niece and nephews, will probably end up going to schools that resemble prisons, but i think that's what it will take to protect them. and that SUCKS!
  okay, off the soapbox, sorry if that was TMI.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Dark Alex

« Reply #257 on: May 23, 2018, 03:48:23 PM »

No, it isn't TMI at all. I just can't honestly understand why (well actually I do understand why. It all comes down to $ and manipulation, but that is a much longer conversation) nothing gets changed. If another country or a terrorist group were causing this many deaths I am pretty sure they'd get bombed back in to the stone age, but what I keep hearing from people is variations of "I hate that this is happening, but it is the right of people to own guns" and then they just shrug their shoulders.

I can do what I do for a living without losing a moments sleep, but for some odd reason the killing of innocents on the other side of the world needlessly bothers me.

There is a secret song at the center of the world, Joey, and its sound is like razors through flesh.
Dark Alex

« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2018, 03:50:17 PM »

Kristi made put a few baby pictures together which I am going to post just to cheer things up around here. Although if you are prudish you'll just have to edit out the nipple slip yourself.

316zombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2018, 04:01:01 PM »

i am in love with those hats!  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Dark Alex

« Reply #260 on: May 23, 2018, 04:03:26 PM »

They are very cunning hats.

Dark Alex

« Reply #261 on: May 23, 2018, 04:05:43 PM »

Oh hey Barri, if you look really closely at some of those pictures, you might just see the titles of some books.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.