Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:04:32 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2721132 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15720 on: July 21, 2015, 10:03:07 PM »

I am now following @_Florida Man on twitter.  It is endlessly amusing!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15721 on: July 22, 2015, 05:50:54 AM »

I'd love for there to be a Star Wars spinoff that only focused on the bounty hunters. Those were some cool characters.

I did hear that Boba Fett is to get a stand alone movie.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15722 on: July 22, 2015, 06:15:21 AM »

I'd love for there to be a Star Wars spinoff that only focused on the bounty hunters. Those were some cool characters.

I did hear that Boba Fett is to get a stand alone movie.

He already had that in Live Free or Die Hard / Die Hard 4.0   Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15723 on: July 22, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »

Is it me or would Contact have been a much better film without the whole athiest vs thiest thing (much like the internet). I haven't seen it in years and that's the main thing that hit me

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15724 on: July 23, 2015, 09:04:17 PM »

Today's family drama. So lurid you should take up drinking before you read it.

My oldest first-cousin on my dad's side of the family recently got deported from Brazil when his Brazilian wife divorced him. (If they'd had children born in Brazil it would have been nearly impossible to get him out, a la Ronnie Biggs, but no, after hitting on almost any woman in sight in his teens and twenties, he got a vasectomy as a 30th birthday present to himself, I kid you not.) He now plans to live in Miami.

So last week he came back up here and called me and ended coming over this week to see what used to be our grandparents' house, memory lane, How's life, El, blahblahblah, hey, remember when Grandpa threw me off the porch for cussing him out?

Mostly good laughs, he seemed changed, matured, I halfway warmed up to him.

He brought this boa constrictor skin he found shed in his neighborhood in Rio and gave it to my kids, and basically bowled them over with his newness and coolness and by telling them how snakes are a part of life in Brazil, they're everywhere, you find them in your tubs, etc. (I mean judging by the shed this snake was easily over seven feet and thick as a grown man's forearm, and it was just crawling around the street where he lived, one of thousands...wow.)

So Dai-keag-ity, as I dub my trio of children, ages six, four and three, collectively thought he was the coolest person who ever lived, but I grew up around him (he always called me "Pest") and thought, "Um, no, he's not" and in short waited for the other shoe to drop.

Still, just when I was halfway thinking he may have changed, quit drugs, slacked back on the promiscuity, the sociopathic selfishness, and in short grew up, what do I find out today but he is trying to get his sister, my oh-so fragile cousin, who has had some serious emotional and substance abuse problems in her life, to surrender half of what their mother, who passed away in January, left to her and my aunt's adopted daughter, and to help her see things his way, he is threatening to send her neighbors, friends, co-workers, those at her daughter's school, all this information about what kind of life his sister, my cousin, lived back in the day, including (this is uber-screwed up) a lovely VHS video he claims he has of her overdosing on a speedball in 1997, right before paramedics came and pulled her back from the brink of death. (A video he claimed he shot in order to have the person there that night who gave her---and him---the drugs jailed in case she died from what he provided her.)

All this to get some money.

Throughout his life his sister was always the one person he actually seemed to care about too. This man is a deeply, deeply messed up human being.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15725 on: July 23, 2015, 09:59:48 PM »

In the words of Ross Perot:  "that's just sad!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15726 on: July 23, 2015, 10:50:45 PM »

Just for fun I got a RAYOVAC 9 LED UV flashlight at Walmart & did a quick tour of my yard.
Makes me wonder what it would look like if I got one of the bigger models... & maybe remembered to wear my eyeglasses...

Be cool if I could afford a pair of 100 LED UV Scorpinator Blacklight Flashlights & mount 'em on the front of my moped!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15727 on: July 23, 2015, 11:37:52 PM »

So my parent's water bed broke and has mold/mildew. Me and my sister have been cleaning it up, my other sister (who we think knew about it and didn't tell us) isn't helping us. If that wasn't bad enough, the ac upstairs isnt working (where my room and my sister's is), so the AC guy came by and said that the compressor for it is dead. We have a single unit for a two story house and he said that the two options we have are: to get a new compressor or to get a seperate system for upstairs. If that wasn't bad enough, my dad's van has been acting up and my family is going on a trip next weekend to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels. TX. On top of that, it was my sister and me at the house, my parent's are out of town for a conference and are coming back on Sunday. So yea, my week has been fun. -_-. The temperature upstairs, even at night, is 95oF/ 35oC but I think it's closer to 100+oF.

yeah no.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #15728 on: July 24, 2015, 12:52:53 PM »

I spent Wednesday afternoon recording bass for a song written by my friend's band. Went really well and was a lot of fun!

Yesterday, my band gained one more member with the addition of another friend on guitars (he's damn good, too).
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15729 on: July 24, 2015, 01:32:35 PM »

I spent Wednesday afternoon recording bass for a song written by my friend's band. Went really well and was a lot of fun!

Yesterday, my band gained one more member with the addition of another friend on guitars (he's damn good, too).
Cool.
Are you using a Zoom or a Tascam?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #15730 on: July 24, 2015, 02:37:56 PM »

Cool.
Are you using a Zoom or a Tascam?

Actually, we plugged everything into the computer software.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15731 on: July 24, 2015, 03:46:35 PM »

With all the misinformation and flat-out falsehoods floating around about the Civil War these days due to the Confederate Flag controversy, it is harder than ever to be a historian on FB.

Some guy posted up that Ulysses Grant owned 250 slaves before and throughout the Civil War . . .

Good grief! 

Grant was so poor in the late 1850's he had to sell firewood on the street corner to support his family. 
Yet he still freed the only slave he ever owned (a gift from his father in law) in 1859, two years before the war and when he was at his lowest financial ebb.

But devil takes the facts, let's make sure that we cloud the issue any way we can!!!!! Hatred

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15732 on: July 24, 2015, 04:21:23 PM »

I have a Tascam reel to reel 8 track recorder in my basement that weighs close to 100 pounds
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15733 on: July 24, 2015, 11:21:22 PM »

I have a 5 string Ibanez bass and it is much better than my Axl Badwater bass; the Ibanez (Big Orange) can actually pic up sound better than the Axl (dry bones)

yeah no.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #15734 on: July 25, 2015, 01:27:40 PM »

Nice and warm today. Me like.
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.