Main Menu

The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!

Started by BTM, January 05, 2008, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flangepart

Am I the only one who thinks thinking is unthinkable when you think about the thinkable?
"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"

Flangepart

Very well then, I quit, I'm stopping and I'm becoming immobile. Now move along...move along...

ER

Text from my husband: "On a day this windy it should be illegal for women not to wear skirts."
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

javakoala

Quote from: ER on March 24, 2016, 12:54:46 PM
Text from my husband: "On a day this windy it should be illegal for women not to wear skirts."

Good man, your husband!   :cheers:
I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.

Newt

Is it just me, or is "brilliant for what it is" the newest inoffensive universal comment?
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Flangepart

Quote from: Newt on March 28, 2016, 07:22:18 AM
Is it just me, or is "brilliant for what it is" the newest inoffensive universal comment?
British understatment? Sounds like one of theirs.

indianasmith

There goes London, there goes France.
Nuked by Trevor's underpants!!    :teddyr:
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Trevor

Quote from: lester1/2jr on March 20, 2016, 11:10:44 AM
Thrasher Magazine tour in South Africa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx9vnNgmA4 I wonder if Trevor came out and did some of his famous underpants grinds

:teddyr: :teddyr:

Yessir: they grind me everyday  :wink:
I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.

Flangepart

Quote from: Trevor T on March 29, 2016, 07:07:57 AM
Thrasher Magazine tour in South Africa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx9vnNgmA4 I wonder if Trevor came out and did some of his famous underpants grinds

TREVVVVVV!

Trevor

Quote from: Flangepart on March 29, 2016, 12:35:36 PM
Quote from: Trevor T on March 29, 2016, 07:07:57 AM

TREVVVVVV!

Geez: Paris gone kablooiey?  :buggedout: :wink:

Trevor

lester1/2jr

When I was a kid neighbors would knock on our door and tell my mom that I was going too crazy on my big wheel. it only got worse when I got a bmx bike then a skateboard

Leah

How many more Fridays and weekends are gonna be had with rain?
yeah no.

indianasmith

I have now made 9,500 posts on this forum.
Five hundred away from krakenhood!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teddyr:
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

ER

More random thoughts while sitting outside a Methodist Church, waiting on my kids...

Vanilla is not 'plain,' it's a member of the orchid family.

Texas has more Vietnamese than anyplace except Vietnam.

"I am a good person, I am an attractive person, I am a talented person, grant me grace."
--The affirmation of Cathy Hiatt, as most recently voiced by the lovely Anna Kendrick.

In The People, Yes, the near-great Carl Sandburg is credited with saying someday they'll give a war, and nobody will come. It's never once happened in all the war-loving history of humanity, but for some benighted reason he actually believed that was going to come to pass. I would've loved to have tried to sell Carl Sandburg an overpriced painting...

Most people claim to feel contempt for Hollywood, yet they keep supporting its movies.

Michigan should give Wisconsin the upper peninsula.

If you have white spots on your fingernails, it could be a sign you need more zinc.

Why does one get married?
For love.
Really, when does that start?

Since they jumped forward five years, Pretty Little Liars has had marginally more of those slightly less unwatchable moments.

I bet I made you look at your fingernails up there.

The Easter Bunny: spreading tooth decay and juvenile diabetes since 1882!

If there are, as I said to someone yesterday, some secrets you take to your grave, I wonder why the term "grave secrets" never caught on?

In Catholic school we used to have clandestine "Rosary Races" to see who could sling off a decade the fastest. (Hint: go for the Glorious Mysteries, fewer syllables.) Since my mother's people talk faster than any Americans south of Boston, I had an advantage in upbringing, and nearly always won, earning the nickname "The Beadmaster." Well one day we got caught doing this, clearly it was blasphemous, right, so for one whole week about five of us had to stay in at recess and pray the rosary with this retired nun from Louisiana who....talked...like..........th...is. (I am seriously NOT making this up.)

Soon I will trade falling asleep to the futuristic noise and chaos of Fallout 4 to the gentle, almost dulcimer, Medieval brutality of Dark Souls 3.

Last month my (ex-)uncle went to a party at the San Remo, and didn't manage to see even a single celebrity there.

As I've said before, when I was five I wanted to have a Viking beard, so I tied my hair under my chin with knots it took my mother an hour to undo. I keep waiting for her to get her revenge by "innocently" telling that anecdote to my own impressionable, Viking-loving children. Perhaps I should get my youngest's hair cut.

When I was fourteen and reading Charlotte Bronte, I decided I'd like to live in a house that had an empty room with a locked door, and I would never for any reason enter that room. I'd call it the mystery room. Well I got my wish except now it's called my husband's bathroom.

When I was seventeen I decided my dog gave excellent life advice for a being whose favorite pastime was sniffing where others of her kind had relieved themselves. Though I am glad I disregarded her barked-out suggestion to "Kill! Kill! Kill!"

When I was twenty and depressed about a man, I passed this gathering of well-scrubbed looking Protestant girls at an on-campus chastity rally, and after listening a minute decided to become a born-again virgin. But that night the promise ring they gave me fell off when I was doing this repetitive thing with my boyfriend. OK, I'm lying. It actually fell off when I was doing that with my girlfriend.

When I was fifty I invented time travel. I came back thirteen years and told myself this.

I have one grandparent left. My mother's mother. She flew over for a visit not too long ago, and made this soda bread that puts to shame all other soda bread ever baked since the start of time. I don't have a joke about that, it was amazingly good soda bread. If they have soda bread in Valhalla, Thor is eating this soda bread like that every day til Ragnarok.

"Seven-time-seven is forty-nine/come jump rope with me/and you'll feel fine/take your tricks out to the grass/if you miss you'll fall on your/ask me a question/I'll tell you no lie/the jump-rope queen makes the other girls cry!"

It was "eye-liner" Amy Winehouse, not "eye-encircler."

Me (talking about cocaine with my cousin Adam): "How can you put something up your nose that came into this county stuck up somebody's rear end?"
Him in reply: "Think about how all of us came into the world, that's about as bad."
Me: "Oh."

I find myself relying on profanity more than I have since my late adolescence. I blame this trait on a A) watching Craig Ferguson; B) a certain crudeness factor that rises as I age; and C) a resultant crisis of declining personal morality, all combined with the fact that cuss words are sometimes just plain and simple the best fit for what you're trying to say. Case in point, I once worked for an employer who told me like was like a box of chocolates: in the end it will all go to s**t. The more genteel "poo" just does not work as well in that motivational "live fast; die young" statement, you notice?

Yes, again, in case you've forgotten I am sitting outside a church as I think of all this. (Perhaps I am unclear on the concept of church, huh?)
What does not kill me makes me stranger.