Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:18:07 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2695671 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16740 on: January 14, 2017, 02:01:25 AM »

Although I know I probably did the right thing, there are a lot of situations in my life where people have made me angry or treated me unfairly that I wish I would have told them off.  I find myself still thinking about it years later. 

Why is it so hard to just let some things be?
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16741 on: January 15, 2017, 12:54:14 AM »

Although I know I probably did the right thing, there are a lot of situations in my life where people have made me angry or treated me unfairly that I wish I would have told them off.  I find myself still thinking about it years later. 

Why is it so hard to just let some things be?
Gets underneath your skin and sits there for a bit.

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16742 on: January 15, 2017, 12:55:16 AM »

I FINALLY BEAT DARK SOULS 3!!!    BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR Thumbup Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AoTFan

« Reply #16743 on: January 15, 2017, 02:14:36 AM »

I'd never heard this before, but I reference to pacifiers referred to as "dummies".  

Seriously, I'm going on 40 soon and never heard them called by that name.  

My, first thought was, "It's probably British."  I did some checking and, sure enough, BOOM, British.

Ahh, those wacky Brits and their expressions.  :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:23:32 PM by AoTFan » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #16744 on: January 15, 2017, 11:36:29 AM »

This morning I got invited to a six AM Mass (grrr, mornings) where my godson was an altar boy, my oldest came too, she having this puzzling sense of being drawn to Catholicism for one so young, and afterward my godson's grandfather wanted to take us all to breakfast---you have to fast before Mass since you can't put Jesus on top of food, but it's okay to put food on top of Jesus, figure that out---and since it was a special day for his grandson, he took us to this slightly fancy sort of place, and insisted on paying for everyone.

Nice of him, but then one thing the man has always been is generous.

While we were waiting on food he took out his wallet and started laying all this foreign money, some of it from the 1980s at least, down on the table. He had old pound notes, Deutsche marks, Lira, Canadian bills, even (hey, Trevor!) South African money, and he was showing mainly the two children but all of us.

Well just when he had it all spread out on the table the food came (isn't that life for you) and the server, who was probably in her sixties, stopped dead in her tracks and goes, "Good Lord, I haven't seen those old style food stamps in twenty years!"

And she was serious....

So I Bing'd what old food stamps looked like, and she had a point, foreign currency looks a lot like vintage US paper food stamps.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16745 on: January 15, 2017, 01:07:01 PM »

Is it normal, when it looks like you're about to get into a new relationship, to think to yourself, "Oh no, here we go again"?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16746 on: January 15, 2017, 02:06:18 PM »

I've had this idea about a black comedy about an intense coffee competition, basically to see which person can make the best coffee beans. The growing of the coffee beans involves murder, as blood mixed with this new fertilizer makes for the best nutrients the plants crave. And the tag line would be "Best Coffee to Make YOU Feel Alive!"

yeah no.
AoTFan

« Reply #16747 on: January 15, 2017, 05:33:07 PM »

While we were waiting on food he took out his wallet and started laying all this foreign money, some of it from the 1980s at least, down on the table. He had old pound notes, Deutsche marks, Lira, Canadian bills, even (hey, Trevor!) South African money, and he was showing mainly the two children but all of us.

I'm curious... why does he have all that type of money?  I mean, is he a collector and he brought his collection to show the kids or does he just travel a lot?

My older brother used to collect all kinds of currency, usually coins and stuff.  I don't recall if he had any foreign currency though, think mostly older, American stuff.  One thing I distinctly remember is he had several bills of so-called "Atheist" money.  You see, standard money in the United States has the slogan "In God We Trust" printed on it, but on these bills that phrase was absent.  Dunno where he got from or where it was printed at.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:36:32 PM by AoTFan » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16748 on: January 15, 2017, 05:53:27 PM »

I'm curious... why does he have all that type of money?  I mean, is he a collector and he brought his collection to show the kids or does he just travel a lot?

My older brother used to collect all kinds of currency, usually coins and stuff.  I don't recall if he had any foreign currency though, think mostly older, American stuff.  One thing I distinctly remember is he had several bills of so-called "Atheist" money.  You see, standard money in the United States has the slogan "In God We Trust" printed on it, but on these bills that phrase was absent.  Dunno where he got from or where it was printed at.

I think he basically brought it to show the kids. He did used to travel a lot, though whether he got it that way or not I don't know, but it did look like it dated to back then, so maybe.

Paquita

« Reply #16749 on: January 15, 2017, 11:00:59 PM »

I'm not a big drinker, and I believe I have noted before that I've never been drunk, but I just discovered that a glass of water with a splash of mead is AMAZING!  I hope this doesn't turn me into an alcoholic, but if it does, let that be a lesson to you all!

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16750 on: January 15, 2017, 11:22:29 PM »

I'm not a big drinker, and I believe I have noted before that I've never been drunk, but I just discovered that a glass of water with a splash of mead is AMAZING!  I hope this doesn't turn me into an alcoholic, but if it does, let that be a lesson to you all!

Being drunk is awful. Just ask any glass of water.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16751 on: January 16, 2017, 12:24:45 AM »

I had never heard of a Tremors TV series from back in 2003, but found out about it today along with Tremors 6 being made and Kevin Bacon trying to get a new Tremors TV series off the ground.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Flangepart

« Reply #16752 on: January 17, 2017, 02:41:49 PM »

I had never heard of a Tremors TV series from back in 2003, but found out about it today along with Tremors 6 being made and Kevin Bacon trying to get a new Tremors TV series off the ground.
The series was on DVD. I liked it, and wish it had gone on...as always, that wern't happinin'...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16753 on: January 18, 2017, 02:36:36 AM »

Imagine spending your whole life being told you'll only be good for one thing, that your not even smart enough for the things you're good at. Then one day you grow up, and the only line of work you've ever known gets turned into some sort of political catch phrase; "Jobs Americans aren't willing to do". Imagine people who don't know you, nor ever will meet you announcing good enough, nor ever will be good enough for anything. Consider who really hates, and what really hurts.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16754 on: January 18, 2017, 10:55:30 AM »

I just read Fred Reed's column about intelligence, in which he takes on the prevailing theories about what intelligence is and how it is proliferated. (Supposedly it is largely genetic.)

I think there are a lot of factors to intelligence, but heredity is only a part of the mystery. For instance, compared to my father I am downright sluggish between the ears, yet according to theory by this time I should be inventing a new atom. That's if high intelligence is always passed on.

I didn't really grasp how smart my father was until when I was in high school and he took an active interest in studying with me in his only partly successful efforts to keep me on the straight and narrow, and he used to walk over while I sat and struggled through AP homework, and off the top of his head he'd show me how to do my trig and physics and calculus like I might do my own daughter's second grade subtraction. It defied belief how simple these brain-crashing subjects were to him, and he hadn't been in school for a generation at this point.

One evening I blurted out, "How do you DO that?"

He said, "I don't know, I've always been able to."

It threw me so badly that he apparently had these capabilities that I asked his sister about him, and she clued me in one what I honestly had not known, that my dad was seriously like a human freak, as far to the high end of the IQ spectrum as those special needs baggers at Krogers were to the other. If his parents had not been determined to steer him toward a normal life, he probably could have been one of those sorts who finished high school before he was old enough to shave. (They made the right choice, he was better off playing basketball, saving toward a Trans-Am, pursuing girls, streaking, growing Columbian Gold in an old shed, normal 1970s stuff. If he'd have gone down the other path he'd probably have had Men in Black recruit him or something.)

It awed me a bit but it was also like finding out some shocking secret, and it changed how I thought about him, and explained how he was almost always five steps ahead of me, when up til then, with adolescent hubris, I'd often deluded myself into believing I was at least one ahead of him.

It's comforting to know my own children will never have to face a similar revelation about my intellectual ability. In my case the opposite will be true, and I expect their young adulthood will be overtaken by moments of them blurting out, "Mom, what on earth were you thinking???!!!"

"With other than my brain, dear. With other than my brain..."

Which brings me to the point of this blog-length ramble, my random thought: Whoopeee, the 2020s are going to be so fun...

Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.