Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:00:30 PM
714226 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2715604 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #16875 on: February 23, 2017, 04:54:18 PM »

Two otherwise not very offensive words that gross me out: saliva, and pheromones.

Saliva is sort of an everyday word, I know, and while it sounds even grosser to me than to call it "spit" that juicy, squishy word has always given me the creeps. In fact in college Saliva, the band, was playing, and I stayed in rather than go hear them with the usual gang because I just didn't like that name. Every time someone uses the word it icks me out.

As for pheromones, it isn't so much the sound of the word like it is with saliva, it's the concept, that living bodies exude these chemicals that activate a sexual response. There is something bestial and primitively yucky about the whole idea, something unevolved and violating, that swirling all around are these hormone-activating, largely undetected, scents that change your perception. You're in a jet on a long flight, and they're everyplace in the recycled air. You're in a theater, a classroom, an elevator, a grocery store, a restaurant, and they're all around you, entering your nostrils, chipping away at free will, altering your brain chemistry, literally re-setting portions of your metabolism, and next to nothing can be done about it.

In high school an older guy I liked (to put it mildly) went to Florida to visit his mother and sister, and in this empty gym, behind a bunch of rolled up mats half-assedly made out with this red-haired gymnastics instructor at the academy where his sister took classes. He stopped things before they went all THAT far, she wanted to go real far, apparently, and when he was telling me about it he threw in this detail, "...she'd just got done working out and she smelled nice..."

I thought, huh... And my stomach turned contemplating that.

Even after majoring in biology I think phermones are disgusting.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #16876 on: February 23, 2017, 05:59:30 PM »

Adobe Creative products are like the really good game that's online only and you have to keep paying to play.

Corel's Creative products are the games that are good  in their basic form, but you have to buy some  DLC to really get the more out of them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:16:30 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16877 on: February 24, 2017, 12:11:54 PM »

Two declining religions to take stock in for sweeping comebacks are Zoroastrianism---because who doesn't like to play with fire---and also I think the Shakers are due for a surge, since with only two Shakers left, if they get a single convert they'll see a fifty-percent leap in membership. What other religion can boast of a one-day fifty-percent boost in numbers? You heard it here first, folks....

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16878 on: February 26, 2017, 10:08:44 AM »

Met a girl last night who had Bill Moseley and Sid Haig's names tattooed on her thigh. She had them sign her leg at a horror movie convention then rushed out to get them permanently tattooed.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:25:24 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16879 on: February 26, 2017, 11:27:03 AM »

Trying to get the laundry done, but finding lots of things to do to distract myself including watching Blood Beach and the 1989 version of The Punisher. Sorting out joining an online D&D campaign with my younger brother while putting together Sherman tanks for my wifes WW2 army and painting my German infantry.

It was a nice day outside this morning, but its turned dark and gray. Just heard that Bill Paxton has died, which hasn't made the day any better. RIP and best wishes to his family. I think I'll watch Aliens tonight.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16880 on: February 27, 2017, 07:47:27 AM »

Working out of a different office while contractors redo the wiring in our normal building. Biggest advantage of this is that we actually have windows and can see outside. The biggest drawback is that I need to get up 45 minutes earlier in the morning to get into work. Even though it is February its a lovely day outside with a clear blue sky. It would be the perfect day to walk along the beach to the lighthouse with my wife.

They've also started lighting up the lighthouse tower at night in different colours. Since it is no longer fulfilling its original use you can rent out the cottage at it. Next time I have friends coming up to stay for a while I think I might hire it out for something a bit different from the usual sort of thing.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16881 on: February 27, 2017, 02:46:05 PM »

The bottom right corner of my laptop screen is being held on by duct tape. I think I need a new laptop.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16882 on: February 27, 2017, 05:18:38 PM »

Wonder how many new bruises this shiksa shall acquire in tonight's Krav Maga class? (Is it at all creepy that my husband says bruises are "kind of sexy"?)

Flangepart

« Reply #16883 on: February 27, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »

Never turn your back on reality...it has no real friends, is capricious, and refuses to equate with your dreams.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16884 on: March 01, 2017, 12:28:52 AM »

Some days, I want to question reality, and some days, I really wish I could lock reality in a cage until it confesses!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16885 on: March 01, 2017, 12:46:48 PM »

Chester Arthur is being kept alive by machines under the White House and has been the actual president since the late 1800's
Flangepart

« Reply #16886 on: March 01, 2017, 02:43:02 PM »

Chester Arthur is being kept alive by machines under the White House and has been the actual president since the late 1800's
Cheater A. Arthur or Chester B. Arthur?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16887 on: March 01, 2017, 06:04:52 PM »

Zombie Bea Arthur is being kept in a Return of the Living Dead type container at Abu graib prison
AoTFan

« Reply #16888 on: March 01, 2017, 07:04:33 PM »

Two otherwise not very offensive words that gross me out: saliva, and pheromones.

Ditto on saliva.

Hey, since we got you on the subject, can you verify that all women really hate the word "moist"?  Heard a comedian say that once and all the female in the audience seem to agree on their general dislike of that word.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16889 on: March 01, 2017, 09:31:34 PM »

Cool! I am related to him on my grandmother's side.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.