Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:13:25 AM
714254 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2716793 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #17145 on: June 11, 2017, 07:40:38 AM »

I wonder if Tom Cruise at any point shouts "Show me the Mummy!" in his new film?

Nah. That'd almost make it worth seeing.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17146 on: June 11, 2017, 09:41:05 AM »

On guard duty this week. When I am doing control of entry this means having an undershirt, combat smock, field jacket, stab proof vest and then a high vis vest on top of that. I feel pretty confident in the event of a zombie invasion none of them will be able to bite through all these layers. However on the other hand equally I have very little mobility and wouldn't be able to get away from them or fight them off very well.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17147 on: June 11, 2017, 11:50:15 AM »

Supposed to shoot guns here in a minute with my semi-sort of-pseudo-surrogate sibling*, who once gave me the date rape drug. Sounds like a safe undertaking to me...

(* Former neighbor.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AoTFan

« Reply #17148 on: June 11, 2017, 02:23:36 PM »

Am I the only one here that knows of/likes The Amazing World of Gumball?  Don't be turned off that it's a kid's show, it's freaking hilarious. 

! No longer available Small | Large

"That's reckless driving!"
"Not without a car it's not!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17149 on: June 11, 2017, 06:25:30 PM »

Sometimes I think childhood doesn't end until the day you realize Shaggy and Scooby were likely lovers.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17150 on: June 11, 2017, 06:40:41 PM »

Sometimes I think childhood doesn't end until the day you realize Shaggy and Scooby were likely lovers.

I dunno...
I mean, it's one thing to see that Shaggy had all the stereotypical character traits of a stoner, but, a stoner and his dog?
Besides, I would've assumed Scooby was fixed.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17151 on: June 13, 2017, 02:15:09 AM »

I forget - is this the "general stuff" thread?

An observation - Newsies tonight are talking about the anniversary of the Pulse attack. It always struck me, though, that in "going out dancing" terms, the Pulse attack occurred as much on the night of 6/11 as on the morning of 6/12. It certainly didn't occur on the night of the 12th.

Also, a more controversial observation: Scooby-Doo isn't just fixed, he doesn't have a dick at all.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17152 on: June 13, 2017, 09:15:00 AM »

You know what that means - Scooby was one of the Unsullied Ones!!!!!!!!!!!!   Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17153 on: June 13, 2017, 09:54:33 AM »

You mean to tell me that Scooby wasn't a robotic dog that Velma made to keep Shaggy company while she kept an eye on Fred and Daphne?

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17154 on: June 13, 2017, 12:06:11 PM »

I was supposed to go some places just now but it is storming like crazy, so being a sensible American Midwesterner, I am sitting it out til it passes. (Our skies routinely try to kill us. Never completely trust a Midwestern sky.)

What follows, insane though it sounds, is a true story....

I heard from my cousin Celia (the Hand Stabber), and she was cheerful, which means she's back on drugs, naturally. She had just set up her new iPhone7, and I said, "Didn't you just get one of those in February?"

She said, "Yeah, but I needed a new one, the other one got destroyed by a bird.

I settled in to hear this tale and said, "Do tell."

"Okay, well I was smoking salvia with Elvis, but Elvis didn't show up til after I started tripping, and the man whose house we were in had his grandma's parrot in a big cage, and I started being able to telepathically communicate with the parrot, and it was like I could hear the parrot's thoughts and the parrot could hear mine, and I asked what made it unhappiest, not being free? And it said no, it's forty years old and too out of shape to fly but it did miss pooing on the newspaper that used to always line its cage. So I thought about that, and it's true, who has newspapers anymore? I got out my phone and pulled up a page with the local paper on it and set it on the cage floor, and in about one second the parrot pooed all over the article on my phone, like doing that made it spectacularly happy."

"And that's why you needed a new phone?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

I repeat: true story. (And I still don't know if "Elvis" she mentioned was a real person she knows named Elvis, or if she had some sort of communion with the King of Rock & Roll. Should've asked...)

Flangepart

« Reply #17155 on: June 13, 2017, 02:25:27 PM »

Lookingup
Uh-huh...not doubting you, trust me. Just imagining the look of peoples faces when she tells them "Elvis pooped on my phone."

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17156 on: June 14, 2017, 09:26:47 AM »

Looks like I am going to have to do a report on what I think is the most important battle of WW2. Trouble is that happened a couple of months before the war even started and hardly anyone has heard of it. Oh well, maybe I'll go with the Battle Of Kursk instead.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:18:10 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17157 on: June 14, 2017, 09:37:28 AM »

Interesting choice.  You think Kursk was more important than Stalingrad?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17158 on: June 14, 2017, 10:17:37 AM »

Interestingly, last year I was at a seminar given by a Russian historian who argued that the defence of Moscow was the most important battle of the second world war. He put up a fairly good arguement about it being so central to Soviet psyche at the time (and still today, which ties into why Russia today is so worried about NATO expansion but thats something for another time) that its collapse would have been such a blow to Soviet morale that effective resistance would have collapsed.

Anyway, I digress. I would argue that Kursk was Germany's last chance to win the war. Yes, they lost more men at Stalingrad but they could have regained the inititive at Kursk (if the Soviets hadn't found out exactly where they were going to attack and had loads of time to prepare). Where I'd really like to do my talk on though is Khalkhin Gol where Zhukov destroyed the Japanese.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17159 on: June 15, 2017, 08:45:37 AM »

My two youngest children have been away this week at a wildlife summer day camp, and one thing they learned there is that among wildlife the lowly coyote is now the apex predator in this area, when for all but the last maybe two-hundred years cougars and bears and timber wolves vied for the title. Some archaeologists have even suggested that farther back, it is slightly possible jaguars were present here in small numbers, since their teeth have been found, though this may because they were traded north in Hopewell times, 1,600 years ago, for their ceremonial value.

Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.