Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:19:48 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2720039 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17415 on: September 03, 2017, 07:39:52 AM »

These. Early. Morning. Masses. Are. Going. To. Be. The. End. Of. Me. Why can't I have a kid who likes sleeping in?

Life is full of wonder and adventure when you are a kid. Everything (except doing chores your folks make you do) has this insanely attractive sheen that turns a kid's brain into scrambled eggs from giddiness and excitement.

Be thankful that your kid cleaves to something that is steeped in regimen, structure, and order. Even though it is a bit wearing on you, maybe it is a good thing in the long run that she finds wonder in the intricate dance that is Mass. It may serve her, and you possibly, well somewhere down the road.

Then again, after examining structure as a child, she might become a total anarchist hellbent for hedonism when she hits her teens. If that happens, you will remember these days with fondness.
Wise you are.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17416 on: September 03, 2017, 09:07:15 PM »

Girl just keeps popping back into my life, then disappearing. Today she just showed up on my doorstep, hadn't seen her in months.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17417 on: September 03, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »

Girl just keeps popping back into my life, then disappearing. Today she just showed up on my doorstep, hadn't seen her in months.

Is...she by any chance trying to sell you thin mint cookies?

javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #17418 on: September 03, 2017, 10:07:35 PM »

Mmmm...thin mints.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Flangepart

« Reply #17419 on: September 05, 2017, 02:45:50 PM »

I am of the opinion that Rutabagas are planning the downfall of the produce industry, due to a lack of respect.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17420 on: September 05, 2017, 08:57:40 PM »

Is...she by any chance trying to sell you thin mint cookies?

Sadly, no. She's giving away heartbreak for free.

She broke a rule at her sober living facility and panicked and came to me. I convinced her to go back and apologize and take her punishment. She tried but when we got there no one answered the door or the phone. She wouldn't leave a message so I called and left one for her. We went out to breakfast and she was freaking out. I told her to wait for the facility to call back but she was having anxiety attacks and begged me to take her to a homeless shelter. 20 minutes after I dropped her off the facility called back. I have no way to get back in touch with her to tell her its OK to go back. She'll be back on my doorstep in a few months with a new crisis, I can almost be certain.

AoTFan

« Reply #17421 on: September 07, 2017, 03:26:48 PM »

(re: The Monster Squad)

One thing that bugs about this film, even when I was younger... did it have to be a FEMALE virgin that said the words to open the portal?  I'm assuming it had to be, even though (IIRC) the movie never explicitly specifies it.  If not, were they trying to imply that all these 11-12 year old boys weren't virgins?  Even for the 80s, that's a stretch. 
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17422 on: September 08, 2017, 09:35:21 PM »

Stayed in tonight and played Axis & Allies, and everyone split mid-game and left me to put all the pieces away. Hey, I was THAT close to developing the A-bomb and turning London to ash, get back here!!  BounceGiggle

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17423 on: September 11, 2017, 04:38:04 PM »

Out two hours at mid-day so I'm stuck at work til six, all alone here, thinking weird thoughts like how I didn't get "Left Twix/Right Twix" til someone explained it to me.

I also am thinking of creating a comic book space man called Ronald Raygun. He died a long time ago but as an icon he's somehow more powerful than ever. Guess no one would ever believe that superpower though.

I heard a joke today: What was John Lennon's last hit? (The pavement.)

AoTFan

« Reply #17424 on: September 11, 2017, 11:48:50 PM »

I just ate a red pear. I'd never had one before. Anyway, it kind pretty much tasted like a regular pear except slightly more tart. Not 100 percent sure, I mean, might have to eat both at once to make sure, but that what I can tell so far.

Anyway, just thought you should know.

Not the actual pear.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17425 on: September 12, 2017, 07:46:37 AM »

Just killed my first mouse.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17426 on: September 12, 2017, 08:08:01 AM »

Just killed my first mouse.

Ohh, Master Splinter, nooooo.......  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17427 on: September 12, 2017, 11:10:23 AM »

Had to get my son out of a tree yesterday, no worries, I love climbing trees, but my foot got stuck in a fork just as I leaped down the last six or seven feet, and I ended up landing WHOMP right on my back, knocked the wind out of me, shoe still stuck in the tree, but it's all good. My cousin gave me some special herbal medicine to get me through.  Thumbup Interesting night.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17428 on: September 12, 2017, 12:22:32 PM »

Somehow got roped into helping organising the xmas do for work, which all things considered is going to be interesting. My first thought was "I wonder if they are having a freeform jazz exploration night at the Drouthy Cobbler (a bar in Elgin with pretensions of culture. The price list alone has put me off actually attending any of its events. Plus I hate freeform jazz explorations). Lucy is also on the committee along with another woman I don't know called Zoe.

Since everything has to be politically correct (vitally important that, can't win a war if you aren't politically correct) I can't suggest anything really out there. Hell, I wonder what they'd do if I even just mentioned the night out about 7 years ago when one of my workmates lost his wedding ring while we were on a 3 month course down in Norfolk.

He got it back eventually. He'd lost it inside a stripper. I don't know how exactly as I was in a different bar where they were handing out free drinks and I never got around to asking him.

Not as bad as the guy who blew all his life savings when he got drunk with two prostitutes in Las Vegas though. They had a card reader and he kept buying drinks without actually looking to see just how much he was paying for everything so he lost somewhere around £8,000 ($12,000 at the time).

I wonder how he explained that one to his wife when he got home?

Heh, now I am remembering an incident from my first posting. Our phone extension was very similar to that of the med centre and occasionally we'd get a wrong number for them. I have no idea if anyone ever called the med centre to enquire how their turbo pipe was doing or not. Anyway, this day I answered the phone with the usual speel "Hello this is SAC Corbett, TPF Electrical Bay" and the man on the other end of the phone clearly not having listened to a word I said, identified himself as a flight lieutenant on 15 sqn then started this long confused and paniced tale about how he'd been on a deployment, had sex with some random woman and now thought he had picked up some STD from her. He went on for around three or four minutes going into great detail of everything he had done, and everytime I tried to interupt him he kept talking over me. Anyway eventually he asked what he should do and I said "Next time either don't cheat or if you must wear protection sir, and possibly phone the medics instead of the engine bay."

Silence fell for about 20 seconds, and then the phone went very dead.

Anyway,  I'll have a look for something that vaguely celebrates one of many holidays stolen from other religions about some guys birthday (before a few months later they celebrate the same guy being nailed to a plank of wood, go figure), then when you celebrate it without involving said guy you are somehow contributing to a war against their holiday. Yeah, right. I don't mind people celebrating christmas, but telling me that I am somehow destroying your holiday or going on about the true spirit of the holiday... /rantend.

Heavy rains forecast tonight, so its our combat uniforms for tomorrow just in case we need to go deal with flooding. Also got an appointment with the very distracting nurse tomorrow. Will be making a determined effort not to look at her legs.

Anyway, got a busy night tonight. I am reading to my younger brother and sister via the phone (going to finish off the Captain Underpants books I started with them when they were up visiting), then running a D&D solo adventure for Tina as her thief attempts to go rob a wealthy merchant.

And I figure thats enough random rambling anyway.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
AoTFan

« Reply #17429 on: September 12, 2017, 11:19:22 PM »

"He wears tan shoes with pink shoelaces
A polka dot vest and man, oh, man
Tan shoes with pink shoelaces
And a big Panama with a purple hat band"

Holy crap, I think someone is dating a pimp!
Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.