Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:01:45 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2716394 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17550 on: October 29, 2017, 08:25:08 AM »

You know all those bands that have a bunch of guys and ONE female (usually the lead singer?) I wonder if that ever gets.. awkward for, you know, various reasons.  
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:51:57 PM by AoTFan » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17551 on: October 30, 2017, 04:06:38 PM »

The clocks in the UK went back an hour at the weekend, so it is now dark when I come home from work. In a month's time it will be dark going to and coming back from work and the only time I will see daylight during the working week is when I go home for lunch.

I do love this time of year though. Normally it rains constantly, but not heavily. Its enough to put almost everyone else off going outside, but not so bad that I am going to stay in. I can kick up piles of leaves or run through them if I wish and the streets feel like no one else is around and they are just mine. The air feels clean and I love walking around in it, crunching through the piles of leaves, enjoying the autumnal colours.

Watching Season 10 of Big Bang Theory with Kristi, since she spent the weekend watching horror films with me. Got another baby scan tomorrow and we might go to the cinema afterwards. Alas the closest we can get to a scary movie would be Jigsaw and I don't see that being high on my good ladies wish list. Might come home and watch Hallowe'en instead. Or Hallowe'en 3 if I feel angry at the world and want to punish it (it works by osmosis).

Was a training day at work today, so did my annual D&E (Diversity & Equality) course in the morning. Possibly having to explain straight after to my boss where the phrase "All good in the hood" came from may have proven that my D&E didn't work. Then went on and did a Mental Health Workshop in the afternoon. Was moving listening to other peoples stories of what they'd went through. Thinking about doing some councilling courses when I am all sorted out.

Got the Lego Echo base all built up and gave it, its own shelf and added my AT-AT, AT-ST & Snow Speeder. Think I need to find a bigger shelf to display it on though. Everything is pretty crowded. Posted some photos up just to make my nephews jealous. Heh heh heh. After Rogue I (which now beats Old Boy as my favourite corridor fight scene), I am tempted to get a little Lego Vader and add him kicking arse to the battle scene.

Think this weekend I'll get Kristi to walk down to the harbour with me and watch the moon rise over the ocean. Its been a while since we last did that. We'd wandered down to the West Beach and could see a huge moon coming up over the harbourside so we decided to walk through town to the East Beach and watch it from there. Of course by the time we got there the moon had risen up, but it was a nice walk anyway. With any luck we'll have a cloudless night and can see all the stars as we walk, although I haven't quite been able to look at Orions Belt since the last time we drove to California with my sister in law Kellie. Mind you, to be honest before that fateful drive I couldn't even have told you where Orions Belt is. Now its location is permanently burned into my brain and I can't look at the night sky any more without thinking about what she said...

*Shudder*

Was offered a full Storm Trooper outfit that would fit me for £250. I want to get it, but Kristi keeps asking where I would put it. I feel she is being totally unreasonable not letting me throw her clothes out of the build in wardrobe in our bedroom and turn that into a display stand. I did point out to her that we could engage in some... roleplaying with the costume (and not the I am a level 12 Paladin  with +3 Sword of Smiting type roleplaying). Mind you the last time we tried that was when I got her a set of Star Trek: TNG PJ's in the style of a Federation doctor. She put them on, slinkily walked over to bed and asked who to pretend she was my favourite Star Trek doctor. Not my normal kind of thing but I shrugged my shoulders and went for it.

Apparently though nibbling on her ear while whispering "Oh Bones, you are so hot, take me in your manly arms" killed the moment.

Women. If we could understand them they'd be called men.

Hmm, Kristi has been looking a bit down today. I should get her some chocolate out of the secret stash I keep for her when she is sad. On really bad days I have a couple of chocolate oranges down there, but right now I think is a Kit Kat kind of day. So far I've never had to break out the tray of expensive chocolates from Thorntons, but they are always there should I need them. I think I also need to get her some fresh flowers. I always like her having flowers as I know she really likes brightly coloured ones, although I've never quite understood why decaying organic matter is considered romantic. *shrug* As long as she likes it though I am happy. Taking her out at the weekend to buy her some new clothes and do some present shopping.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
AoTFan

« Reply #17552 on: October 30, 2017, 07:55:38 PM »

Hmm, Kristi has been looking a bit down today. I should get her some chocolate out of the secret stash I keep for her when she is sad. On really bad days I have a couple of chocolate oranges down there, but right now I think is a Kit Kat kind of day. So far I've never had to break out the tray of expensive chocolates from Thorntons, but they are always there should I need them. I think I also need to get her some fresh flowers. I always like her having flowers as I know she really likes brightly coloured ones, although I've never quite understood why decaying organic matter is considered romantic. *shrug* As long as she likes it though I am happy. Taking her out at the weekend to buy her some new clothes and do some present shopping.

Buy her a small stuffed monkey and put it somewhere she'll find it with a note that says, "You're my PRIME mate!"  (Corny yes, but ladies eat that stuff up.)

Also, the walk on the harbor/moon thing would be awesome too.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:14:42 AM by AoTFan » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17553 on: October 31, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »

Went for another scan with Kristi today. Everything is still looking good and in every scan we've seen the baby's hand waving.

Well, the nurse has seen the baby's hand moving. I see different shades of black and grey in abstract patterns.

Went out for a meal afterwards. The really expensive restaurant that Kristi wanted to go to didn't open until half five and we didn't feel like waiting for an hour so we ended up in The Granery, which isn't quite as expensive but does nice food.

I didn't tell Kristi that the really expensive restaurant has a hotel attached and when I was younger that is where I used to book rooms in for a long weekend with female friends to impress them. They have four poster beds which I have always loved and hiring a full suite for a weekend always seemed to work. Other touches they had like a grand piano were nice, and would have been even nicer if I could have played it. When Kristi came over to Scotland we'd normally spend time in Glasgow though and I never got the chance to take her there.

Got back home and it looked like the kids were out in force for Samhain. I mean it was like a herd of locusts. We got inside and got a big bowl of sweets ready, but I guess all the kids had already went past our house and no one came to the door.

Oh well, I guess I have sweets for the next six months. W00T!

Got Kristi the Alfie Boe album she wanted for Saturnas and I dropped some very heavy hints when we saw DVDs of Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein and mentioned I didn't have either of thise. I am pretty sure she has picked them up for me.

She keeps complaining that the cat keeps clawing her and I keep telling her what to do to stop it which she then doesn't do. And then when he claws her again. He'd done it a few times, she'll shout at him and then she'll pick him up and cuddle him. He'd done it about four times tonight and I got fed up about it. She may have realised when I told Dagon off my irritation wasn't entirely aimed at him. Since then she has actually not been buttering him up after scolding him. He doesn't jump on my leg and stick his claws in, just her. Her legs are in a hell of a mess though

Put Hallowe'en on, well because I just had to watch it tonight. Also put the lights out to watch it in the dark. I'll deal with Kristi's nightmares tonight no doubt, but it will be worth it. Also got season 2 of Ash Vs The Evil Dead. I shall put that one next. Maybe that will help relax and chill her out a bit?

When I was on leave Kristi complained about how much I'd drank, so I said I wouldn't drink anymore until I went to the Alice Cooper gig next month. She bought me three beers for tonight (I always drink a minimum of 3 beers, even if I only go out for one beer because one beer would get lonely. Two beers, well it has company now. Then you should have a third one just in case the other two don't get on with each other, so they have another beer who can be a go between.

Anyway, thats my theory on the minimum amount of beers that should be drank in one session. Next time I'll explain why you should always have a beer first thing in the morning after a nights heavy drinking.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #17554 on: October 31, 2017, 06:16:18 PM »

i'm  wondering if my hubby got snowed on while in great bend today...i hope not, he forgot his slicker.
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #17555 on: November 01, 2017, 06:32:04 AM »

im wondering when all the simpsons boxsets I just ordered (Seasons 2-9) will get here...I want my season 4 fix dammit! xD

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17556 on: November 01, 2017, 04:03:40 PM »

Working back in the windowless dungeon again now oh joy of joys.

Oh well, its a way to make a living.

My hands are covered in scratches from playing with Dagon. He isn't much for sitting being petted but he does love to play. Especially if he can get to sink his teeth and claws in.

Since she put up with me watching multiple horrors every night for the last month I am watching Disney films with Kristi tonight. Her first choice is Blackbeards Ghost, next it will be The Book odf Life and then Zootropolis to finish.

The sky was filled with very dark grey clouds today and the heavy rain tonight has spoiled our plans for a night time stroll. I am good with walking in the rain, but Kristi doesn't like to leave the house if the rain is coming down sideways. The wind is blowing in from Siberia which makes it pretty chilly too, so we are curled up together inside instead.

Had a really nice steak for dinner tonight, cooked just the way I like it, with sauted onions and a cracked peppercorn sauce that was nice and spicy. Going to cook a nice dinner for her this weekend. Since we are going out shopping on Saturday and Sunday I'll be running a game after a few weeks off of D&D so I guess I should plan on that for Friday. Hopefully I'll have an early finish and can do it at decent time.

Or I'll like, phone Domino's and have an emergency pizza rushed to the house if that doesn't work out.

I should do some gym time tomorrow. Been a while since I last did a good workout. Someone has been dropping hints that they'd like me to work on my shoulders more. Yeah, like I don't have enough problems trying to get shirts to fit already. Being short with a thick neck and big shoulders I can only get them to fit properly if I get them specially tailored.

Anyway, time to go do some writing. Hope everyone is having a good night out there.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17557 on: November 02, 2017, 05:15:44 PM »

Actually went to the gym today. Not been for about 6 months so within 5 minutes I was puffing and wheezing like an old man. The old man beside me wasn't which just made me feel great.

Just wait until he goes to get off that treadmill and finds what I did to his shoelaces. That'll teach him! Bwah hah hah!

Kristi, if you happen to be reading this post stop now or I will hide the cat in your favourite PJ's then throw catnip all over you.

Ordered a present for Kristi. I could either order it in the US and have it shipped to her mum's house for $106 dollars and then pay to get it shipped to the UK or I could order it in the UK for £176. Decided to get it shipped to her mums (or mom if you prefer). Its a bath robe in the style of one of the outfits from World of Warcraft.

One of the bosses is leaving shortly. I found out just how unpopular he is when I got asked to go round the building and take a collection up for a leaving present for him. Most people asked if they gave more would he leave faster. Since I don't agree with that kind of attitude I did donate 5p (about 4 cents in USA type money or 5 euros). I have given his rank the respect required, but that doesn't mean I have to like him, especially since the incident in the lift when we were down in London.

More Disney films tonight. Trying to distract Kristi from it being November. She has had a lot of sad times in this month and tends to get depressed during it, so I am hoping to keep her mind on other things. Going shopping in Aberdeen with her on Saturday and going to get her to buy some new clothes. Never met a woman before who didn't like buying clothes, although she will buy shoes if she is upset, however she needs pregnancy clothing and some jeans since she is running out of them. I keep threatening to get her a pair of bright pink dungarees which she is somewhat horrified about. Since she normally loves wearing lots of bright clothes so I was surprised when she told me she'd hate them.

Which only made me want to get her wearing them more.

I have an urge to tickle someone. My options are Dagon or Kristi right now. Hmmm, maybe I can rub Dagon's fur against Kristi's skin and tickle her thus getting both of them. Or I can just sit here and talk to Kristi about being tickled and its enough to set her giggling and laughing. And I love hearing her laugh.

Friday tomorrow, that feels good. And I might just see what bad movies I can pick up over the weekend. Not bought many new ones this year and I starting to want some.

In a call just now with my half sister. I swear that girl doesn't ever stop to take a breath, she just keeps talking and talking lol. Just like everyone she seems to want us to have a girl. As far as it goes this time around I have no preferences, although I do wonder what the hell I am going to do if we have a child who is really into sport rather than being a geek like us?

Looking forward to going to see Alice Cooper in 10 days. The Mission (who I remember and like from the 80's) are supporting and another outfit called The Tubes who I've never heard of. Told my little brother (whereas my musical tastes were formed in the 70s and 80s, he had the misfortune to grow up in the 90's) to listen to Deliverence to get an idea of their music. Well what I actually said to him was "They are like the sad ass hippy horse crap you used to like, except they do good tunes". The sort of stuff he was into back then was Bell & Sebastian, Nirvana and Radiohead all of which I found despressing to listen to compared to the hair metal that proceeded it. I prefered my stuff a bit heavier, but at least it had some life to it.

Oh, for fans of The Room.... http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/900423-francos-tommy-wiseau-goes-all-out-in-new-disaster-artist-trailer#/slide/1

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17558 on: November 03, 2017, 09:23:24 AM »

Dingo Pictures movies is gonna kill my liver.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17559 on: November 03, 2017, 11:05:19 AM »

Is it ethical to accept as a birthday present to your child a cash donation toward that child's college fund, when the child has no college fund?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
316zombie
« Reply #17560 on: November 03, 2017, 04:40:29 PM »

sure! just spend it on books. the are the best college fund EVER, according to my sister and her girls. my brother's daughter spent that kind of gift money on video equipment,she is now  rather prominent in the advertising world.
AoTFan

« Reply #17561 on: November 04, 2017, 05:05:35 PM »

In my misguided quest for acceptance, I was once tried to join a street gang. They said I had to prove how "tough" I was. So, I proceeded to drank a whole glass of orange juice and then, without pause, brushed my teeth.

They said I was "too hardcore" for them...
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #17562 on: November 04, 2017, 05:51:04 PM »

Is it ethical to accept as a birthday present to your child a cash donation toward that child's college fund, when the child has no college fund?

Probably more ethical then accepting the cash donation towards your child's college fund when you don't have a child.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17563 on: November 05, 2017, 05:47:49 AM »

All week long we'd planned on going into Aberdeen on Saturday to buy some presents for Saturnas.

Saturday morning came and we woke up bright and early. Doesn't get light until just after 7am at the moment and I really didn't feel like getting out of bed until it got light though, so our plan of getting up and catching an early train so we could be back early before all the fireworks started for Guy Fawkes night (for those who don't know Guy Fawkes happened to be on the wrong side of the catholic/protestant split in england at the time and tried to blow up Parliment with lots of barrels of gunpowder. One of his compariots warned one of his friends not to be at Parliment that day and that ended up resulting in everyone being caught and subject to the rather... interesting forms of execution they had back then. This is celebrated every year with lots of fireworks and a bonfire with an efergy of Guy on the top, thus ensuring that even if he was a failed terrorist he at least got his name in the history books). The downside of this is that the loud explosions tend to upset pets so thus we wanted to be back for the cats and rabbits before it all kicked off.

Forced myself to get up and go out although I really wanted to just stay inside and ignore the world. That increasingly seems like a good option since two of the worlds most powerful countries are being run by pretty much dictators for life and the third is being ran by an idiot I wouldn't trust with a water pistol. Our own govenrment is supposed to sorting out us leaving the EU and instead is caught up in a series of sex scandals. Its already claimed the guy in charge of armed forces (who has been replaced by a guy with no experience either as a government minister or with the military. You can guess how that one is going down with the grunts) before the alligations against him have come to light, so we are expecting to hear more come out in the news and see more polititians fall on their swords.

Since we'd gotten out late, we also got home a bit later than we'd hoped but the pets were all fine. No fireworks started until after we'd been in for a while and we managed to keep the pets calm.

Anyway, we got a later train into town. Got my nephew Adam a jet engine and little Cameron a set of Hot Wheels that seems to combine cars and Lego. Got Kristi the board game of Labyrinth (which has lovely figures for it and I bags playing Sir Didimous), some pink D&D dice and season 3 of Stargatetrekwars. Managed to also get myself a few paints so maybe I can get my hobby table cleared of Kristi's junk and start painting my figures again. Didn't manage to find a monkey for Kristi, but I am going to keep looking.

Didn't find a pet pig either.

Oh well. Ended up giving Kristi the board game on the way home, so I need to get her another present to replace that one. Hopefully the one I've ordered from the US will arrive in time.

Kristi is going shopping with her friend today, which normally would be great and mean that I have time to do my stuff, but this time I get to babysit the friends son. Not sure why, as at 16 I think he is old enough not to need watching. Maybe he just wants to see the mancave again (he last saw it four years ago, walked in, looked around and gasped "I'm in heaven". He then decided he needed his own man cave at home and started tidying up his room which amazed his mum enough to let him have his man cave.

Dagon has started playing with toilet roll much to my disapproval. Got up this morning, tidyed up the bathroom and then cooked breakfast for us. Kristi is waiting for Karen to pick her up, however Karen and punctuallity have never been best friends. She is supposed to be here by 9-9:30am. If she is here before 13:00 she is doing well.

Wow, she got here just before 10. Thats practically on time for her. Turns out Aiden wants to help him in World of Warcraft. Just about to cancel my subscription to that game as I've been occasionally logging in for maybe 10 minutes a week and not really doing anything. He mentioned he watched The Thing recently and loved it so I've put on The Fog for him.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17564 on: November 05, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »

All week long we'd planned on going into Aberdeen on Saturday to buy some presents for Saturnas.

Saturday morning came and we woke up bright and early. Doesn't get light until just after 7am at the moment and I really didn't feel like getting out of bed until it got light though, so our plan of getting up and catching an early train so we could be back early before all the fireworks started for Guy Fawkes night (for those who don't know Guy Fawkes happened to be on the wrong side of the catholic/protestant split in england at the time and tried to blow up Parliment with lots of barrels of gunpowder. One of his compariots warned one of his friends not to be at Parliment that day and that ended up resulting in everyone being caught and subject to the rather... interesting forms of execution they had back then. This is celebrated every year with lots of fireworks and a bonfire with an efergy of Guy on the top, thus ensuring that even if he was a failed terrorist he at least got his name in the history books). The downside of this is that the loud explosions tend to upset pets so thus we wanted to be back for the cats and rabbits before it all kicked off.

Forced myself to get up and go out although I really wanted to just stay inside and ignore the world. That increasingly seems like a good option since two of the worlds most powerful countries are being run by pretty much dictators for life and the third is being ran by an idiot I wouldn't trust with a water pistol. Our own govenrment is supposed to sorting out us leaving the EU and instead is caught up in a series of sex scandals. Its already claimed the guy in charge of armed forces (who has been replaced by a guy with no experience either as a government minister or with the military. You can guess how that one is going down with the grunts) before the alligations against him have come to light, so we are expecting to hear more come out in the news and see more polititians fall on their swords.

Since we'd gotten out late, we also got home a bit later than we'd hoped but the pets were all fine. No fireworks started until after we'd been in for a while and we managed to keep the pets calm.

Anyway, we got a later train into town. Got my nephew Adam a jet engine and little Cameron a set of Hot Wheels that seems to combine cars and Lego. Got Kristi the board game of Labyrinth (which has lovely figures for it and I bags playing Sir Didimous), some pink D&D dice and season 3 of Stargatetrekwars. Managed to also get myself a few paints so maybe I can get my hobby table cleared of Kristi's junk and start painting my figures again. Didn't manage to find a monkey for Kristi, but I am going to keep looking.

Didn't find a pet pig either.

Oh well. Ended up giving Kristi the board game on the way home, so I need to get her another present to replace that one. Hopefully the one I've ordered from the US will arrive in time.

Kristi is going shopping with her friend today, which normally would be great and mean that I have time to do my stuff, but this time I get to babysit the friends son. Not sure why, as at 16 I think he is old enough not to need watching. Maybe he just wants to see the mancave again (he last saw it four years ago, walked in, looked around and gasped "I'm in heaven". He then decided he needed his own man cave at home and started tidying up his room which amazed his mum enough to let him have his man cave.

Dagon has started playing with toilet roll much to my disapproval. Got up this morning, tidyed up the bathroom and then cooked breakfast for us. Kristi is waiting for Karen to pick her up, however Karen and punctuallity have never been best friends. She is supposed to be here by 9-9:30am. If she is here before 13:00 she is doing well.

Wow, she got here just before 10. Thats practically on time for her. Turns out Aiden wants to help him in World of Warcraft. Just about to cancel my subscription to that game as I've been occasionally logging in for maybe 10 minutes a week and not really doing anything. He mentioned he watched The Thing recently and loved it so I've put on The Fog for him.

I'll never understand how Guy Fawkes, a Catholic supremacist and proponent of absolute monarchy and ethnic cleansing, became the symbol of modern-day radical leftists claiming to be multi-culturalists.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.