Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:58:45 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2720005 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17625 on: November 26, 2017, 11:18:08 AM »

Having looked at a larger version of that photo I am drinking a beer while playing X-Com on the Play Station while sitting on the comfy armchair of DOOOOOOOOOM! (I only know this because the person who wrote it put it on FB and said that's what I am doing).

I thought you might be playing some bizarre kind of mini-bagpipes.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17626 on: November 26, 2017, 11:38:11 AM »

Having looked at a larger version of that photo I am drinking a beer while playing X-Com on the Play Station while sitting on the comfy armchair of DOOOOOOOOOM! (I only know this because the person who wrote it put it on FB and said that's what I am doing).

I thought you might be playing some bizarre kind of mini-bagpipes.

Oddly enough I do have a set of mini bagpipes that play "Scotland the Brave."

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17627 on: November 27, 2017, 04:48:48 PM »

Phoned in sick today. Its a bit of a combination of I went in all last week when I felt really ill because there was stuff I needed to do, a mental health day and some D & V. Very rough weather out there today with high winds (and its also the day we put our bins out for collection, always an awesome combination. Therer will be trash on the street for days).

Kristi has had to head into the next town over for something, so I have some peace and quiet to enjoy myself with. Won a copy of a game me and a friend used to play when I was younger. It's called Dark Future and is set in a dystopian USA gone all Mad Max. You can play Interceptors which are bounty hunters / mercenaries / cops called Sanctioned Ops, or renegades who prowl the wastelands between fortified cities and sort of keep the peace. Oh, and Elvis is still alive and works as a Sanctioned Op.

Went to bed to lie down for a bit and was there when Kristi got home. Got her to get into bed beside me, felt like I was cuddling a block of ice but after an hour I'd managed to warm her up from my body heat. She got up to get something to eat, then came back to bed and was freezing again. I swear that woman is incapable of generating her own body heat during the day! At night it's a complete switch around and she comes a furnace. Which only increases my basic suspician that woman are actually some sort of alien invasion.

Anyway, I did a phone appointment with the med centre and got signed off not just for today, but tomorrow as well. Oh dear, how will I ever cope with an extra day off?

Looking at the back of my hand and wondering if it needs more Savlon. Playing with Dagon has left it looking like a particularly brutal case of slash and burn agriculture. Although to be fair that continues down most of my forearm too. He keeps wrapping himself around my forearm, clinging on with his legs and sinking his teeth into me. Trouble is I can't stop laughing when he does it to give him into trouble. He only plays that game with me though much to Kristi's relief.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17628 on: November 29, 2017, 04:18:39 PM »

One of my friends made a post complaining about people's grammer and useage of incorrect words. So of course I just had to make a very badly worded post in response.

Mind you, if she thinks that is bad then just wait until she comes round for dinner on Saturday and I give her kids their early xmas present. An elf on the shelf. For some reason a lot of parents seem to hate them, ergo I buy them for as many kids as possible.

Yes, a large part of my day does involve thinking of ways to wind people up. Why do you ask?

Trying to persuade Kristi that she needs to go to lots of concerts near to her due date. Would be so cool for little Ash if he was born at a metal gig. Skid Row, Andrew WK and Phil Campbell's Bastard Son's are all playing sometime around then. Ok, they are not the bands I would prefer to have my child born at, but none of the ones I want are on tour at that point and Kristi rather selfishly does not want to keep the baby inside her for a couple of extra months to fit in with timetable. Speaking of Kristi I bought a couple of tickets to go see Hairspray next February. Trouble is all of her friends seem to be busy that day, so if anyone fancies popping over to Scotland early next year and go with her there is a free ticket to the theatre in it for you. Otherwise I need to go with her myself and pretend that I like musicals (ok, well I can think of 4 that I find acceptable. South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Little Shop Of Horrors & Cannibal The Musical. Ok, if I really have to I can even sit through Repo Man: The Genetic Opera, but that is only because everyone else thinks it is terrible).

Seriously, if I was ever to find myself in a real life situation where everyone else suddenly broke into a song and dance routine what would happen next would make the international news and washing the blood stains out of my clothes would be a nightmare afterwards.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17629 on: November 30, 2017, 01:35:19 PM »

R.I.P JIM NABORS

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17630 on: November 30, 2017, 04:57:30 PM »

It's now dark when I walk home at night. I love seeing the moon against a dark sky, shining down like some shining gem on a piece of black velvet. Only really works in the early evening when the moon is low and large but it's one of my favourite things about the night.

We had a bunch of Omani's come visit the station this week. Today they were visiting our section. Everyone else but me and Max managed to find other things to do than have to brief them, so we had a chat and it was decided I would attend the initial brief just after lunch and then when they were split up into smaller groups to go round the different sections Max would explain to the ones that came into our office what we did and so on.

So lunch time comes and I go home to get food. Kristi had prepared a lovely slice of pork belly for me smothered in BBQ sauce (also perfect for when you then have to go meet a bunch of Muslims straight afterwards), so I came back into work, attended the welcome brief and then went back to the office... Just as Max was disappearing out the office leaving me high and dry.

So anyway, I explained the the Omani's what we did. For a nice change they were respectful and polite which is a first in dealing with people from the middle east for me and a pleasent surprise. Although one of them did look like the Yellow Bastard character in Sin City, only not yellow.

Anyway, spent the rest of the afternoon giving Max crap for abandoning me and dumped a load of extra work on him as payback.

I may have to make him suffer a lot more tomorrow. And maybe even beyond that...

TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #17631 on: November 30, 2017, 05:15:54 PM »

Im wondering if theres a specific difference between pepsi and crystal pepsi other than the crystal aspect...I imported a couple of bottles to the UK last week and im hoping to do a comparison this weekend...all I can think is it reminds me of sprite xD

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17632 on: November 30, 2017, 08:37:58 PM »

Im wondering if theres a specific difference between pepsi and crystal pepsi other than the crystal aspect...I imported a couple of bottles to the UK last week and im hoping to do a comparison this weekend...all I can think is it reminds me of sprite xD
There isn't, Crystal Pepsi was a gimmick Pepsi.

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17633 on: November 30, 2017, 11:19:30 PM »

Tomorrow night I go see Lindsey Stirling in person!!!  An early birthday present from my wife, I am SO excited!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RkSy6ElNIY

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17634 on: December 01, 2017, 11:14:58 AM »

I'm not sure I understand how Rombas (those small, automatic vacuum cleaners) work.  Specifically, where do they store all the dust and dirt they supposedly vacuum up?  Those things don't look like they could store that much, seems like on a particularly dirty floor you'd have to empty them a whole bunch.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:08:00 PM by AoTFan » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17635 on: December 01, 2017, 11:42:27 AM »

Tomorrow night I go see Lindsey Stirling in person!!!  An early birthday present from my wife, I am SO excited!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RkSy6ElNIY

My wife says she is very jealous of you and that I should hunt you down and make you pay for going to see someone that she really want's to go see live but can't.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17636 on: December 01, 2017, 11:48:17 AM »

She is now making me watch videos of her performing. Right now I am seeing one of her dressed as a pirate running around in a fountain. What I am really noticing though is that there is a Barnes & Noble in the background that I think I've shopped at.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17637 on: December 02, 2017, 02:15:33 PM »

She is now making me watch videos of her performing. Right now I am seeing one of her dressed as a pirate running around in a fountain. What I am really noticing though is that there is a Barnes & Noble in the background that I think I've shopped at.

Check out the cover that she and Peter Hollens did to the SKYRIM theme.  That was the first one of her videos I ever watched, thanks to someone on this board (maybe Rev. Powell?) posting the link here.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17638 on: December 02, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »

Check out the cover that she and Peter Hollens did to the SKYRIM theme.  That was the first one of her videos I ever watched, thanks to someone on this board (maybe Rev. Powell?) posting the link here.

Not me, this is the first I've heard of her, but I do like that video a lot!

I removed the "s" for you:

! No longer available Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17639 on: December 02, 2017, 04:38:37 PM »

So we had a bunch of friends come round for a sort of combined Thanksgiving/Christmas meal. Our friend Cato swore that she would never have one of those 'Elfs on a Shelf' in her house as they creep her out. Guess what I gave her kids as a present today. :D I told them that Santa had visited the base to clear his flight plans and had left a couple of presents. I handed one to Cato and she rather confusidly started to open it while I gave the other one to the boys. She opened the slim one and got to see it was a set of removable stickers to make and Elf's house and with a look of dawning horror saw the boys open the Elf box.

A lot of parents we know have professed their hatred of those things, so every year I like to buy one for one of the haters.

I did send Cato a message to say "Don't worry, when you go to sleep tonight he will be watching over you... Watching and waiting...."

Not sure what I've eaten tonight that's done it, but something has given me really bad gas. I think I might even just go sleep in the spare room tonight. With the windows open. And a fan on.

Maybe I'll get revenge on Dagon and lock him in the room with me...

Started on my annual Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar. So far I've gotten what I think is the underwater vessel from The Phantom Menace and some woman who has green and black hair. Judging from the insignia on her jacket she is part of the Rebellion, but beyond that I have no idea who she is.

Kristi is through our bedroom talking with her mum on Skype. She is talking her through how to buy a present for me on Amazon. We've found the best way of getting stuff for anyone on the opposite side of the Atlantic is to use Amazon. If you are in the States, you use the British Amazon website and visa versa. Saves a fortune in shopping costs.

Watching 'The Keep' just now. I wish they'd released the uncut version.

Dagon managed to somehow get outside and we couldn't find him. Eventually however I heard some yowling from outside. It's cold and wet outside and I guess he didn't like being outside as much as he thought he would. He's now snuggling upto any heat source he can get. Hopefully that will quench his wanderlust until I can get him to the vet for his jabs.

Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.