Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:42:31 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2721267 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17970 on: March 02, 2018, 10:09:10 AM »

How do you punish your memory for letting you down?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17971 on: March 02, 2018, 10:59:09 AM »

It's impossible to lose a basketball game when you're up 4 points with less than a second to play. And yet, my Louisville Cardinals found a way last night.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17972 on: March 02, 2018, 11:45:05 AM »

What happened while people were taking showers before we had telephones to ring?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17973 on: March 06, 2018, 08:59:49 AM »

I hope everyone has a great day today. I'm flying 300 miles each way on a tiny little plane. Always....fun.

Pace!

AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17974 on: March 06, 2018, 01:49:47 PM »

Trying to summon up a deeply held position in a few hundred words is tough.

That's why I try to break everything down to "things that are cool" and "things that suck".

Smile
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17975 on: March 07, 2018, 03:46:17 PM »

When the makers of the movie A Rage In Harlem came to my hometown almost thirty years ago, there was a little-known near disaster averted by the quick thinking of a retired police officer named Bill Gneiwisch, who was on perimeter duty at the outdoor shooting area in the Over the Rhine district that was standing-in for mid-century Harlem. Gneiwisch noticed smoke curling up from a space heater running inside an equipment tent filled with electronics, where several crew members sat with their backs turned, oblivious to the situation. Gneiwisch approached and pointed out the small fire, then stopped the heater and pushed it out into the alleyway, but the fabric of the tent was smoking as well, so Gneiwisch poured a pot of coffee on it and grabbed an extinguisher, then asked everyone to step out of the tent until the fire department could investigate. Heroic you might think, yet when Gneiwisch, who for years was a guard at the building where my dad worked, told my father this one day, he said the film crew approached his boss and complained that his disruption had cost them hours of preparation and thousands of dollars. He was let go from the job on-set and no one ever told him thanks.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17976 on: March 08, 2018, 09:02:14 AM »

Woke up this morning to news that vice cops had raided four "massage parlors" in an utterly suburban part of my city, the sort of green lawns and white picket fences place the Brady Bunch might've called home, and while it was slightly funny and shocking to find out that was going on there in the same strip malls that hosted shoe stores and dollar shops, it also disgusted me because with all the true victimization real criminals are bringing into society police truly had nothing better to do but go bust people for involvement in paid sex? Seriously?

I can't believe in 2018 a majority of Americans can't stretch their minds to the libertarian concept that consenting adults should be free to sell their time for sexual purposes, and it should not be society's business.

"Oh, it hurts families..." Yeah, so does gambling. So does plain old adultery. So does alcoholism.

"It enslaves women...." Guess what, the shadowy nature of illegal prostitution is what hurts women a lot more. Legalize prostitution and the criminal element potentially loses most of its hold on human trafficking.

A decade ago police were still harassing gay bars around here and today I hear in this area, ground zero in the heroin plague, they spent countless hours singling out grown people transacting sex. Great!

Just sort of disgusted about priorities this morning.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:13:11 AM by ER » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17977 on: March 08, 2018, 10:17:38 PM »

The man I most want for my best friend, Neil Gaiman, spoke tonight at a library fundraiser. He looks older, he is older, than last I saw him, but he still possesses that same calm voice, and is still the same living treasure I've obsessed over since I was in high school. It was also held in the same theater as my run-in with the Chinese diplomat, but tonight went much smoother and I didn't have to propose metaphors about suicidal pandas that cut short my evening. Best two-hundred I've spent in a long time, helping the library while once again being under the same roof as my literary hero. Think I'll take The Graveyard Book to bed.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17978 on: March 09, 2018, 12:59:15 PM »

Finally, he's here, just when I'd resigned myself to starvation. Indian here I come. Hope everyone has a colorful afternoon.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17979 on: March 10, 2018, 08:35:08 PM »

We were in the Rev's neck of the woods today, the Speed Museum in Louisville, seeing a fantastic exhibit of impressionist paintings done by women.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17980 on: March 12, 2018, 01:24:42 AM »

I'm being productive during tonight's insomnia and ordering my Christmas cards early.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17981 on: March 12, 2018, 07:38:44 AM »

We were in the Rev's neck of the woods today, the Speed Museum in Louisville, seeing a fantastic exhibit of impressionist paintings done by women.

Speed Museum is nice.  Thumbup

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #17982 on: March 13, 2018, 08:24:24 AM »

I wish some people on the Internet would get to the point instead of masking their arguments with intellectual nonsense and weird thinking that goes beyond comprehension.
We get it, you are smart but your smartness comes off as surreal babbling.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17983 on: March 13, 2018, 09:01:08 AM »

I wish some people on the Internet would get to the point instead of masking their arguments with intellectual nonsense and weird thinking that goes beyond comprehension.
We get it, you are smart but your smartness comes off as surreal babbling.

I have this eye-brain coordination thing where if something doesn't interest me after a few words, I don't read it. Maybe that would help you...? Maybe?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17984 on: March 13, 2018, 04:10:17 PM »

I am currently considering wither or not I am allowed to get drunk tonight in celebration. I figure though the worst that can happen is that Kristi gets upset with me, which she already is on the basis that I complained about her breaking our no technology in the bedroom rule by repeatidly bringing her phone into the bedroom, ergo I might as well have beers.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.