Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:56:49 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2720071 times)
316zombie
« Reply #18135 on: July 08, 2018, 01:31:42 PM »

he generally ignores it, unless it's official or tribal paperwork. he's been married nigh on 40 years, and laurie STILL spells his name wrong, lol! but then, he HAS been known to spell HER name "lori", so it works out.
   it's weird, my family are all voracious readers, and most can NOT spell to save their lives, lol!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #18136 on: July 08, 2018, 09:45:49 PM »

I want to watch Fun In Balloonland, but I don't want to feel like I would be put on a list.

yeah no.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #18137 on: July 09, 2018, 06:40:14 AM »

As much as I love to complain about past carpenters doing s**tty work, I must say that demoing the crap and redoing it the right way is very rewarding.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #18138 on: July 09, 2018, 08:28:12 AM »

Three children, three jobs, plus a loquacious mother who has recently discovered texting does not leave much time for destroying my opponents at tennis.

I've tried to streamline my life by giving up certain things, video games, novels, twice a month movie Fridays, the hour a day I used to dedicate here, but even so it isn't freeing up much space on my social calendar. I thought about occasionally renting out a child to a lonely couple (yes, Trin, you) in order to reduce the domestic workload by a third, and then hiring someone to step in and keep the hubs "happy" which would free up another nine to thirty-two minutes three-four times a week, but turns out all that's illegal outside of parts of Europe, so I hit upon with the idea of giving up sleep.

Well that didn't last long.

Then the reality of it all hit me, that there is no way out, this is life, the busy-ness of it is what is in 2018. And it also struck me that it's not that bad, it's wonderful even, to be needed and have important things to do. Assuming I don't wind up in a foreign jail or anything I can retire from one job in another couple years, well three, and that will eliminate one chunk of it, my father is probably going to himself close up his business before too much longer and that will knock out a second job (leaving me looking back sentimentally and no doubt missing it and the time I got to be with him) and above all else....the children will grow up and....leave.

And that's where my thoughts stopped because that's painful to contemplate, though of course I don't want them to be stuck but....yeah.

So I reached a point of grasping just how glorious this little now is, how fleeting and fragile and all the other things I could say in description, so you know what? I don't need to have time for tennis. This time, this present, is a treasure even as it pours through my fingers like sand down an hourglass.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18139 on: July 09, 2018, 02:51:39 PM »

he generally ignores it, unless it's official or tribal paperwork. he's been married nigh on 40 years, and laurie STILL spells his name wrong, lol! but then, he HAS been known to spell HER name "lori", so it works out.
   it's weird, my family are all voracious readers, and most can NOT spell to save their lives, lol!

Tribal paperwork?  Is he Native American? 
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18140 on: July 09, 2018, 05:25:22 PM »

a couple were fighting in my car (uber) yesterday. The guy felt the woman was overdressed and she thought what she was wearing was appropriate and not too fancy. that is seriously what they thought was so important they would fight in public over.

this is the restaurant they were going to

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bar-mezzana-boston

it's TOTALLY fancy

edit: this is their food I mean come on
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:52:46 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18141 on: July 10, 2018, 03:48:52 PM »

I'm beginning to think the world did end on Jan 1 2000 and we're all in hell now.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18142 on: July 10, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »

If we were all in hell, everyone would be miserable.
The fact is I am having a lovely summer.
Maybe it's just you.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18143 on: July 10, 2018, 04:54:30 PM »

If we were all in hell, everyone would be miserable.
The fact is I am having a lovely summer.
Maybe it's just you.

Or you could be some sort of demonic tormentor Indy?  Wink

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18144 on: July 10, 2018, 04:55:55 PM »

Me??  I'm a harmless little fuzzball!   Twirling Twirling

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18145 on: July 10, 2018, 04:57:09 PM »

Hmmm, now is that the kind of thing some sort of demon would say to try to dodge suspician?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18146 on: July 11, 2018, 01:32:16 AM »

Me??  I'm a harmless little fuzzball!   Twirling Twirling

TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
316zombie
« Reply #18147 on: July 11, 2018, 02:14:20 AM »

Tribal paperwork?  Is he Native American? 

yes, partly, so am i. he's part cherokee and part oneida, i'm part cherokee and part wampanoag. he has more oneida blood, so he's on the official rolls. you have to be in order to work in any tribal businesses that are on the res.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18148 on: July 12, 2018, 07:28:56 PM »

Squeezable nachos in a tube. Perfect for astronauts, deep sea divers, and the toothless in a hurry. Coming soon, squeezable pizza in a tube, squeezable salad bar, and squeezable Thanksgiving dinner. I'm going to be rich.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18149 on: July 12, 2018, 10:14:50 PM »

If you meet a ghost, never ask her how she died.

Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.