Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:47:02 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2721863 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #18285 on: August 29, 2018, 05:34:17 PM »

1875 Lincoln jokes sprang up
1920 Johnstown flood jokes at last became funny
1960 James Dean jokes became tolerated
1980 Drink the Kool-Aid became a cool metaphor
1985 Karen Carpenter jokes gained semi-acceptance
1990 Starving Ethiopian jokes were cool
2005 Princess Diana punchlines crept up on us
And last night I heard some Millennial tell a 9-11 joke.
Get where I'm going here? Tragedy plus time equals....tastelessness?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18286 on: August 30, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »

Today I bought a pack of ground turkey that was priced $6.66. I would say more about it but it's hard to type with my head twisted backward.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18287 on: August 30, 2018, 01:12:36 PM »

Hmm, that apparently is how the devil claims his witches. Add this to your comment about my latest story and a pattern begins to form....  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18288 on: August 30, 2018, 03:36:46 PM »

Scramble pattern pipeline yellow. Preempt procedure emerald iodine violet.

What?  You said random thoughts!

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18289 on: August 31, 2018, 09:57:43 AM »

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?

"aren't you aware that it's out of style?"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18290 on: August 31, 2018, 09:57:35 PM »

Anybody have O+ or O- blood type and want to help save a one-year-old's life over the next few days?

Google Warriors For Waylan. But be warned, his story is heartbreaking.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #18291 on: September 02, 2018, 02:21:04 AM »

I don't think guys know that it's painful to wear heels/wedges without resting.

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18292 on: September 02, 2018, 05:05:38 AM »

Can't help but think that with the internet connecting most of the world, now is the time for a single, universal language instead of a multitude of different ones.

Of course knowing my luck it'd end up being emoji based.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #18293 on: September 02, 2018, 09:12:30 AM »

I can't wear earbuds because they never fit no matter what I try. If I push them in too deep they will slowly slide out. If they're too loose they sound terrible, and the slightest head movement will make them fall out. I can only wear heavy headphones because the light ones always slip because of the weak grip. On the downside I have to take my rucksack when I'm on the go, to store my headphones when not in use.  Lookingup
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18294 on: September 02, 2018, 09:18:25 AM »

Can't help but think that with the internet connecting most of the world, now is the time for a single, universal language instead of a multitude of different ones.

I nominate Klingonaase. Sounds better than Esperanto.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18295 on: September 02, 2018, 09:33:34 AM »

Seventeen years ago this weekend at a party during a festival downtown, in a loft that had a good view of the fireworks that marked the festival’s conclusion, I met the man I married.

I came alone, that sin against the accepted rules, and he was with an attractive woman who threw the darkest shade my way when he spent most of the night talking to me, almost ignoring her, which made me feel awkward because I wasn’t there looking to hook up with anybody, and I didn’t, he still left with the woman he came with, but next time we talked, which was the day after, he told me he really didn’t like her and used to go out with two of her friends (oh, two, you say, hmm, red flag, thought I) and had only been out with her a couple times and was looking for a way to back off with the least trouble. Somehow him saying that struck me as amusing and I thought there I was talking to a man who had gotten serially involved with three friends. This one was funny.

He asked me what I was doing those days and I said playing tennis almost daily as a kind of therapy to fight off drear. He asked no, really, what else, and I thought, well, actually that was true, that was the story of my life in 2000-2001, but I said I was babysitting for my cousin and enjoying the days I spent with her two year old boy, who was fast becoming my best friend. Then I said I was deciding if I was going to graduate school and feeling like that was one of the last things I wanted, and I was coming off a leave of absence for a job I’d done since I was a teenager. He asked what job that was and for some reason I said consulting, and he said someone wanted to consult with a teenager, and I said, uh, yes, and he laughed, so I laughed too.

Those things sounded better, I thought, than other descriptions I could have used, like saying I’d spent over a year pulling out of deep sadness. I figured if I told someone that truth I’d either get targeted as an easy mark or he’d remember some videos he had to return and I’d never hear from him again, which at that point I wouldn’t have minded all that much since I didn’t know a lot about him beyond the fact I felt pulled to him in a way I hadn’t in a while. See, when you’re in a dark place like the sadness of mourning, it gets seductively easy to stay there.

Not long after that night he talked me into going out with him and we ended up walking up atop this overlook east of the city that had a famously magnificent view of two states, one of the highest points in the Midwest, and it was night so the lights were beautiful, their reflections on the river looked like Christmas on Main Street, twinkling rainbows, and standing in that place where I’d gone before with someone else, startled to find myself there and not sure it was right to be there with another person for that reason, he kissed me and I kissed him back, my mind blanked and I melded into the moment in that higher plane way where you stop thinking and time floats until you come back down, then because of where we were standing, its history in my life, I felt guilty about what I’d just done, and maybe for that reason but mostly for some others, it was the only time I’d kiss him in the rest of that year.

Truth is strange.

But he kept calling me, kept being around, nothing I did or didn’t do seemed to drive him away, it was oddly like he didn’t want to give up, and so I’d go places with him, not….going out, more like hanging out. I asked if he was into challenges and he said (I swear) no, but I’m into you. Who says something like that? So that was flattering and I said yeah, well, whatever, keep this up if you feel like it but the only thing you can know for sure about me these days is you don’t know how I am going to feel from one day to the next, and eventually I did mostly quit being sad and started going out with him for real about a year later, right about the time my job recalled me and I had to be gone A LOT.

Born under lucky stars, us, huh?

But skipping past many soap operatic episodes, a mere eight and a half years and one child after we met at the same festival happening tonight, we got married and we’re still together and I couldn’t love him more, he is so supportively understanding of me and my interests, my moods, my peculiarities, the oddities that frame my life, he is so good with our children and so sweet to us all that I find myself awe-struck at how lucky I was that night to be where I was to meet him (I nearly didn’t go) and how lucky I was he endured waiting on me as long as he did, and that even later during the storms and fogs and personal pilgrimages of our relationship he never went away, no matter what, so that three children and many years later we’re together and we remain in love.

It seems like lately life has been directing me to understand how much he means to me and how special a person he is, and on the seventeenth anniversary of our first encountering one another, it feels like a good time to say all this to whoever feels like reading it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18296 on: September 02, 2018, 11:10:36 AM »

I nominate Klingonaase. Sounds better than Esperanto.

I met someone who had a degree in Klingon (seriously, who the hell goes to uni to learn how to speak a made up language from a silly TV show?). He said something to me in it. I assumed he was saying something about my mother and punched him.

Plus it felt good to punch a trekkie.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18297 on: September 02, 2018, 04:18:49 PM »

I wonder if The Rock will end up in a Star Wars movie?

316zombie
« Reply #18298 on: September 03, 2018, 02:23:22 PM »

sissy spacek just amazes me.
* happy anniversary, evelyn, and to your mister as well.*
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18299 on: September 04, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »

sissy spacek just amazes me.
* happy anniversary, evelyn, and to your mister as well.*
Thank you!

Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.