Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:27:25 PM
714379 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2722023 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18825 on: March 02, 2019, 10:57:38 AM »

The is what Google had to say about salt in pasta water

Adding salt to water adds flavor to the water, which is absorbed by the food. ... Another reason salt is added to water is because it increases the boiling point of the water, meaning your water will have a higher temperature when you add the pasta, so it will cook better.

It adds flavor and it cooks better. I guess one of those is a proven fact, the other is debatable  Bluesad

One of the reasons I don't add salt is because it increases the boiling point of the water, meaning it takes longer to boil. I can't tell the difference in flavor. To each his own, but I'm not a salter!

I do add milk to scrambled eggs. I've tried 'em both ways and I just like the texture better. Vive la difference.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
316zombie
« Reply #18826 on: March 02, 2019, 04:42:17 PM »

a little milk will keep them from "going green" if you need to keep them warm for a time.
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18827 on: March 02, 2019, 08:23:52 PM »

Wow... apparently, you can now drop the "F" bomb on Sci-fi channel, so long as it's late at night.  Will boobs be next?

Not complaining, just found that curious...
316zombie
« Reply #18828 on: March 03, 2019, 02:53:44 PM »

earlier too. that word is used frequently in "the magicians", which airs at 8pm here.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #18829 on: March 03, 2019, 05:40:33 PM »

I'm starting to think that my elder sister is starting to become abusive.

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18830 on: March 03, 2019, 05:55:28 PM »

Good night all, decided to have an early night tonight and go read in bed.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18831 on: March 03, 2019, 09:31:32 PM »

Monkey nostrils, cotton candy, and cave men with yo-yo's!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #18832 on: March 04, 2019, 01:22:47 AM »

The is what Google had to say about salt in pasta water

Adding salt to water adds flavor to the water, which is absorbed by the food. ... Another reason salt is added to water is because it increases the boiling point of the water, meaning your water will have a higher temperature when you add the pasta, so it will cook better.

It adds flavor and it cooks better. I guess one of those is a proven fact, the other is debatable  Bluesad

One of the reasons I don't add salt is because it increases the boiling point of the water, meaning it takes longer to boil. I can't tell the difference in flavor. To each his own, but I'm not a salter!

People seem more divided about oil in pasta water. For instance, Gordon Ramsay oils his water, Jamie Oliver does not. Does oil really prevent water from overcooking with foam and make the pasta not stick together? What happens when adding oil AND salt???? I already spent way too much time on this  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 01:25:52 AM by claws » Logged
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #18833 on: March 04, 2019, 02:39:57 AM »

IMPE, oiling the spaghetti keeps it from clumping as much.  I pours little cooking oil over the spaghetti then pour the water over it,  they microwave it in the special spaghetti maker I use. After cooking it I run could water over it and strain it.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #18834 on: March 07, 2019, 08:12:11 PM »

Hmmm...
Is the guy who plays the voice of Bob Belcher really the guy you want hocking sandwiches at Arby's?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Bushma

« Reply #18835 on: March 08, 2019, 08:40:49 AM »

I received an email today from the Universal Live Church Ministries.  I completely forgot that seven years ago a friend of mine was getting married, so I went and signed up to be a Reverend to try and convince him to let me marry him.  It didn't work, he got someone else. 

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18836 on: March 08, 2019, 08:46:29 AM »

I received an email today from the Universal Live Church Ministries.  I completely forgot that seven years ago a friend of mine was getting married, so I went and signed up to be a Reverend to try and convince him to let me marry him.  It didn't work, he got someone else. 

If me and Kristi had got married in the UK, I was going to make my younger brother go for ordination as a Jedi so he could conduct our wedding. Unfortunately, I was told that his ordination wouldn't allow him to conduct weddings in the US though.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
AoTFan

« Reply #18837 on: March 10, 2019, 04:10:23 PM »

You know, I could have sworn that once, years ago, I used to be good at playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3, but recently I've been replaying it (the complete edition), I find myself constantly getting my ass kicked in every scenario.  (And yeah, I even jack the difficulty down to "normal").  Kind of depressing really...
claws
« Reply #18838 on: March 11, 2019, 12:16:08 AM »

We had rain and snow showers with tornado-like wind yesterday, winter's last glimpse I suppose.
AoTFan

« Reply #18839 on: March 11, 2019, 09:22:32 PM »

Really thinking of going to see Us when it comes out in theaters.  Looks like a pretty good horror film.
Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.