Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:28:10 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701726 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #270 on: September 14, 2008, 02:32:29 PM »

Am I the only person annoyed at the 'tip' line of a credit card slip at fast-food restaurants? I consider if fast food any time you PAY for the food BEFORE you eat it, and I just am not going to tip for that. How do I know the service is going to be any good, , or the FOOD for that matter. When I eat at regular restaurants, I tip well, but according to service. Good service gets you somewhere between 15% and 25%, more if the food is really cheap but the service is good. I think it's borderline unethical for that line to be there, and I've gotten some dirty looks for not putting anything down. After all, 'I' stood there and waited for my own food, , and took it to the table myself. Tipping at a fast-food joint seems alot more like charity than paying for a service.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
BTM

« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2008, 12:01:34 PM »

Am I the only person annoyed at the 'tip' line of a credit card slip at fast-food restaurants?

Uh, I didn't know they did that actually.  Are you talking like McDonald's and stuff?  I don't think they do that here, unless the hide it under the "tax" column.  Course, I don't really glance over my receipts that closely...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Raffine

« Reply #272 on: September 17, 2008, 03:35:15 PM »

Your Mexican boyfriend tries to climb down your chimney?

Accused of throwing roach powder on your neighbor?

A pitbull tries to eat your kid?

Great White Trash Moments!

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Play all three at the same time and you get some idea of a typical evening in my neighborhood when I first moved to Nashville.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:39:34 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #273 on: September 17, 2008, 03:58:28 PM »

Am I the only person annoyed at the 'tip' line of a credit card slip at fast-food restaurants? I consider if fast food any time you PAY for the food BEFORE you eat it, and I just am not going to tip for that. How do I know the service is going to be any good, , or the FOOD for that matter. When I eat at regular restaurants, I tip well, but according to service. Good service gets you somewhere between 15% and 25%, more if the food is really cheap but the service is good. I think it's borderline unethical for that line to be there, and I've gotten some dirty looks for not putting anything down. After all, 'I' stood there and waited for my own food, , and took it to the table myself. Tipping at a fast-food joint seems alot more like charity than paying for a service.

I haven't seen that, but then I don't use a credit card at fast food joints. What bugs me more is the cash tip jars that are at every Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks in my area. There's no table service, there's no eat-in counter, so what exactly am I tipping for? Am I supposed to tip newstands, movie ticket sales, the guy at the register at the 7-11?
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #274 on: September 17, 2008, 11:53:49 PM »

I see it because I quit carrying money years ago and only used plastic.
I don't know if McDonalds does it because I don't eat there any, , but Subway does it, a little taco joint in town does, and so does a little gyro/calzone place, and Taco Bell I believe.

As for the videos, , the last one in particular, I have to say I not what you'd call an animal lover. We had dogs, cats, birds, fish when I was growing up, but I'm not one of those bunny-huggers (Although I did have a bunny also), but, I HATE mean dogs. Anyone that has a dog that can get at others, and the animal is mean or aggressive has a screw loose. Through my life I've seen at least a dozen people that have been bitten badly and the owner always claims "My dog would never hurt anyone", , but you know what, , those are the same people in most incidents that were bragging about how big and bad their dogs were and abut how nobody better f with that dog because it's so damn vicious prior to the attack. The courts don't have brain one on the issue either. There was a kid that got attacked when I lived in Texas and they came to the conclusion that it was because the kid smelled like something he just ate, a hamburger or something, so it wasn't the dog's fault. So apparently a person can be justifiably attacked for smelling like the food they just ate. I'm sorry but any dog that can't control itself any better than that doesn't have a place amongst the general population. There's pounds FULL of well-behaving dogs that unfortunately get put down constantly, but a dog that attacked a kid because of his lunch gets to live?

We had someone that lived in town that had some big, aggressive dog that would go at kids when the owner was walking it down the road, , and her answer was "Well, those kids need to go inside when I'm walking my dog because they must provoke it because she NEVER acts like that around anyone else". I see people when I'm hiking that have dogs that run right up to me and I'm supposed to act like I KNOW this dog isn't going to pounce on me? I'm supposed to take their word that it doesn't bite? Heck, I carry a gun because there's bear around there, , and I pull it if a dog is coming at me like it's on the attack. Most of the time it's a lone woman with 2 or 3 big dogs she can't control and they get all pi$$y because of it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 12:17:57 AM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #275 on: September 18, 2008, 12:35:25 AM »

Almost every dog bite injury I've sutured in a young child has been

a)  done by a pit bull,
b)  on the child's face.

Answer:  don't get a pit bull, and don't let your kids play with pit bulls.

Obligatory random thought:

What the heck does the diatribe at the end of Accept's "Balls to the Wall" means?  (You know, the part where he starts jabbering about "plugging a bomb in everyone's ass"?)  What does it mean, what does it MEAN?
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #276 on: September 18, 2008, 12:53:47 AM »

But Deadsy wasn't Deasy no more he was uh... Miss Universe.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:18:52 AM by Zapranoth » Logged
BTM

« Reply #277 on: September 18, 2008, 01:23:10 AM »

Almost every dog bite injury I've sutured in a young child has been

a)  done by a pit bull,
b)  on the child's face.

Answer:  don't get a pit bull, and don't let your kids play with pit bulls.

You've sutured a lot of bites in kids?  Are you a doctor or paramedic or something?

>Pitt Bulls

Yeah, I keep hearing bad news about those guys, course owners insist that it's just the media hyping the stories out of proportion.  I remember Mancow, back when they had him in this area (they've switched to a local show), used to condemn that breed on a regular basis.  He said (and I'm paraphrasing here), "And I know owner who go, 'Well, we've got a pit bull and he's NEVER harmed anyone!  He's a good dog!' And then weeks, months, maybe even a year later I hear about there 'good' dog attacking them."

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2008, 06:32:08 AM »

What the heck does the diatribe at the end of Accept's "Balls to the Wall" means?  (You know, the part where he starts jabbering about "plugging a bomb in everyone's ass"?)  What does it mean, what does it MEAN?

No idea?  Question It's the last verse and pre-chrus part:

"Come on man, let's stand up all over the world
Let's plug a bomb in everyone's arse
If they don't keep us alive - we're gonna fight for the right

Build a wall with the bodies of the dead - and you're saved
Make the world scared - come on, show me the sign of victory
Sign of victory - sign of victory"

BTM

« Reply #279 on: September 18, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »

Ugly Betty... never watched the show, and I don't plan to.  To me, the whole concept of using a nice looking chick made up to be "ugly" to preach a lesson to us about not judging people based on appearances is the height of hypocrisy and exemplifies shallowness of Hollywood.   Sort of like those idiotic teen movies where the so-called "plain" girl could easily look beautiful just by getting rid of her ponytail, removing her glasses, and putting on some nice clothes.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #280 on: September 18, 2008, 12:02:08 PM »

Its amazing what you can find under the couch cushions isn't it...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #281 on: September 18, 2008, 12:36:35 PM »

A huge spider came out of my VHS player last night and I have no idea how it got in there  Question

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #282 on: September 18, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »

I haven't peed in any sinks lately.   Smile  Thumbup
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #283 on: September 18, 2008, 01:53:14 PM »

My sister believe one's crap will turn blue from eating a lot of Blueberry Muffin-flavored Frosted Mini-Wheats. I think she may be retarded. They are good to eat though. .

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #284 on: September 18, 2008, 02:37:48 PM »

My middle finger hurts...want to see it?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.