Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:37:35 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701858 times)
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #495 on: November 11, 2008, 08:14:18 AM »

You ever be walking towards a building, and up ahead of you someone else is entering the building, and they see you, and they hold the door open for you, but you're still, like, 30 feet away, so thanks to their "thoughtful act of politeness", you actually have to jar yourself out of the leisurely pace you've happily settled into, and break into a little jog, just so the person holding the door isn't left standing there like a 'tard?

I f**kin' hate that.

If you're gonna hold the door open for someone, do it when they're right there with you, or only a few feet away. If you actually have to stop and wait for 'em to catch up, then just move on. That person will be able to open the door with their own strength when they get there, I assure you.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #496 on: November 11, 2008, 08:19:42 AM »

You ever be walking towards a building, and up ahead of you someone else is entering the building, and they see you, and they hold the door open for you, but you're still, like, 30 feet away, so thanks to their "thoughtful act of politeness", you actually have to jar yourself out of the leisurely pace you've happily settled into, and break into a little jog, just so the person holding the door isn't left standing there like a 'tard?

I f**kin' hate that.

If you're gonna hold the door open for someone, do it when they're right there with you, or only a few feet away. If you actually have to stop and wait for 'em to catch up, then just move on. That person will be able to open the door with their own strength when they get there, I assure you.

Oh man, don't get me started on that. Okay then, I hate that too. This happens to me all the time, I do little jog to the door, say thankyou and go in. When I do this for other people, they don't say thankyou! No manners! Women are the worst (sorry women), but everytime I'm walking behind a woman or pack of women, they just let the door slam into my face. This is always the case at Boots, they have these big fat glass doors that are heavy and I get smacked by them all the time.  Hatred

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #497 on: November 11, 2008, 12:40:01 PM »

Fifty-percent of doctors graduated in the lower half of their class.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #498 on: November 11, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »

Fifty-percent of doctors graduated in the higher part of their class. Lol.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #499 on: November 11, 2008, 01:33:54 PM »

Why do they make TV's in a 16:9 aspect ratio (which works out to 1.78:1) when movies are in 1.85:1?  I've actually read an explanation and it makes no sense.

From Wikipedia: "When the 16:9 aspect ratio was proposed by Kerns H. Powers, nobody was creating 16:9 videos. The popular choices in 1980 were 4:3, 15:9, 1.85, 2.20 and 2.35. Powers discovered that all of those aspects would fit within a 1.78:1 outer rectangle and when over-lapped, all shared a common 16:9 inner rectangle. Hence, any of the 'common 5' can be neatly cropped or matted to fill a 16:9 screen."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #500 on: November 11, 2008, 02:47:59 PM »

Fifty-percent of doctors graduated in the lower half of their class.

I would bet not, because I believe more people that graduated in the BOTTOM half do NOT go on to be doctors than do so after graduating from the TOP half. However EVERY doctor I have met has led me to believe they were either in the TOP 2%, or the BOTTOM 2%. I find very little middle ground.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #501 on: November 11, 2008, 03:46:52 PM »

In law school they said the A students went on too become judges, the B students became attorneys, and the C students became millionaires.  I have no idea what they meant.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #502 on: November 11, 2008, 04:07:50 PM »

My best friend once said another close friend of mine looked like Ted Bundy*. I told her she was way off, he looked nothing like Ted Bundy. She said yeah, he did. Well, I never saw the resemblance, but from then on every time I was with him that's all I could think about, him looking like Ted Bundy.

*Yes, yes, I know someone is itching to post those one pictures of him, blah...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 04:10:11 PM by ER » Logged

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #503 on: November 11, 2008, 04:13:51 PM »

*Yes, yes, I know someone is itching to post those one pictures of him, blah...

No, here's Al Bundy tho'

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #504 on: November 11, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »

You mean this picture, ER?

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #505 on: November 11, 2008, 09:27:06 PM »

Man its cold in my house. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BTM

« Reply #506 on: November 11, 2008, 10:31:22 PM »

There's a heavyset woman in my apartment complex; on warm days I can often see her outside sitting on the bench in the backyard area smoking cigarettes.  She usually has the pack of the cigarettes laying on the table right next to an asthma inhaler.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #507 on: November 11, 2008, 10:42:32 PM »

In law school they said the A students went on too become judges, the B students became attorneys, and the C students became millionaires.  I have no idea what they meant.

I bet what they meant is that if you don't have great ABILITY as a lawyer, you can become very rich (but not necessarily SUCCESSFUL), at the cost of your scruples (IOW, if you're good you become an attorney or judge, if not, become an ambulance-chaser and get rich).

Just my thoughts.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #508 on: November 12, 2008, 12:28:49 AM »

Tonight an acquaintance mentioned her 35-ish brother in law had his second heart attack scare in a year, and pointed out that the man weighs close to 400 pounds. It left me thinking, if a family can have a substance-abusing loved-one committed to a treatment center against his or her will based on the argument that the intervention is potentially life saving, then why is it the same logic and tactic can't be employed to save the life of a morbidly obese person?

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2008, 01:10:48 AM »

A List Serve Posting

Noon - Me
"I found a Yellow Glass bead on the floor in studio 1.
It looks like it used to be an ear ring.
I left it on top of the mailboxes by the kitchen."

2:00pm - Anna
"It's mine! I'll come and pick it up asap.
I was literally falling apart at the seems, ears and bag this morning. Luckily I didn't bring coffee or I would have spilled that all over the place!"

10:00pm - Lee
"This sounds like the plot of a Lifetime Network Movie."

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.