Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:25:41 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701487 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #570 on: November 19, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »

Skynard replied to it with: "Hope Neil Young can remember, southern man don't need him around anyhow" in "Sweet Home Alabama".

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #571 on: November 19, 2008, 08:22:39 PM »

I haaaaaaaaaaate the Creative Writing class I'm taking this semster. I took it because I thought I'd get some serious writing and writing improvement exercises done. Instead, what I'm getting is a rabid pat-yourself-on-the-back-session that lacks any form of serious constructive criticism, and it often breaks down into a poor man's group therapy session for emotionally superficial stereotypes with legs. Yay.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #572 on: November 19, 2008, 10:05:18 PM »

Dear Linda Blair,

If you ever read this, please will you marry me?

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #573 on: November 19, 2008, 10:20:05 PM »

I haaaaaaaaaaate the Creative Writing class I'm taking this semster. I took it because I thought I'd get some serious writing and writing improvement exercises done. Instead, what I'm getting is a rabid pat-yourself-on-the-back-session that lacks any form of serious constructive criticism, and it often breaks down into a poor man's group therapy session for emotionally superficial stereotypes with legs. Yay.

Dude I hear ya.  When I took it in college, I wrote things about demons and death.  Everyone else was emoting.  Oddly the teacher like my stories the best. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #574 on: November 19, 2008, 11:43:46 PM »

Quick! If you want to be a writer or want to retain any of your own originality and style, get as far away from creative writing classes and teachers as you can. I am absolutely serious. I think creative writing classes have squashed more would-be writers than anything since the Spanish Inquistion. After all, if creative writing teachers know so much about writing, why are they not out in the field turning out great literature? Get out while you can!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #575 on: November 20, 2008, 02:46:28 AM »

Pinching off some snuff while driving can be a wee tad challenging, but I just don't want to get the ashtray dirty.
Besides, I don't know how to access the texting feature on my cellphone.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________ __

"If trees could scream, would we cut them down?
We probably would, especially if they did it all the time for no apparent reason."
 - Jack Handy
___________________________________________________________________________________________________ __

Quick! If you want to be a writer or want to retain any of your own originality and style, get as far away from creative writing classes and teachers as you can. I am absolutely serious. I think creative writing classes have squashed more would-be writers than anything since the Spanish Inquistion. After all, if creative writing teachers know so much about writing, why are they not out in the field turning out great literature? Get out while you can!

Those who know do.
Those who don't know teach.

Are there any videos on the internet of a guy using a backyard broiler that don't end with the house burning down?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #576 on: November 20, 2008, 08:29:43 AM »

For the most part, I agree. My master's degree is in Creative Writing and Literature, and I did have one professor who actually was quite good about encouraging students to develop their own style. He also taught an undergrad course, for which he had developed a short story writing technique that gave the hopeless writer a skeletal form for coming up and shaping a coherent plot line. I also had a couple of professors who were of the "just write something and take your A" variety. And one who had just published a novel who thought he was Ernest Hemingway and John Steinbeck all rolled into one. His novel was readable, but very derivative, and he was one who tried to bully students who wrote things with themes he didn't agree with (i.e., me  Bluesad). I used the courses as a stimulus to get me to write, since without some kind of stimulus, I wait for magical inspiration, which tends to cut down on the volume of my writing. As for classroom (student) critiques in a creative writing class, I found them to be almost totally useless (they did help me to tighten up one story).

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #577 on: November 20, 2008, 09:30:14 AM »

So I need a 100 watt light bulb.  Look in the cubpoard.  No less than eleven 75 watt bulbs.  Even a couple of 40 watt bulbs.  No 100 watt bulbs of course. 

And so another day begins.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #578 on: November 20, 2008, 09:59:31 AM »

Imagine if teenagers really talked the way they did on Dawson's Creek.

Jen: "Dawson, I think the reason you want to go to film school in California isn't about pursuing this precious dream, it's about fleeing this reality you've created for yourself here in Capeside, where you will never stop believing in this mirage that is Joey Potter."

Dawson: "You make it sound like some sort of, of Fellini-esque charade, Jen, when it's what I've always reached for, even if the effort is probably doomed because of my own need to fail at something I desperately want."

Jen: "Dawson, you're the most tragic figure I know."

Dawson: "I can live with 'tragic hero.' Can I be that, at least?"

Yeah, just imagine...

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #579 on: November 20, 2008, 12:18:11 PM »

Its 12:16 in the afternoon, I'm out of Corn Nuts, I'm going to walk to the store to buy some and thats final. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #580 on: November 20, 2008, 12:59:52 PM »

Its 12:16 in the afternoon, I'm out of Corn Nuts, I'm going to walk to the store to buy some and thats final. 

I forbid you to do so. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #581 on: November 20, 2008, 05:01:13 PM »

Imagine if teenagers really talked the way they did on Dawson's Creek.

Jen: "Dawson, I think the reason you want to go to film school in California isn't about pursuing this precious dream, it's about fleeing this reality you've created for yourself here in Capeside, where you will never stop believing in this mirage that is Joey Potter."

Dawson: "You make it sound like some sort of, of Fellini-esque charade, Jen, when it's what I've always reached for, even if the effort is probably doomed because of my own need to fail at something I desperately want."

Jen: "Dawson, you're the most tragic figure I know."

Dawson: "I can live with 'tragic hero.' Can I be that, at least?"

Yeah, just imagine...

Never gonna happen, most people my age can't tell their head from their arse.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
BTM

« Reply #582 on: November 20, 2008, 08:08:41 PM »

I wonder if anyone thought about the various implications in chemistry, science, and anatomy, inherit in the fact that the Wicked Witch was water soluble. 

I mean, for starters, how did she drink anything?  Or do she not need liquids for sustenance?

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #583 on: November 21, 2008, 08:18:30 AM »

I swear, if my paycheck isn't correct THIS week... people WILL die (I'm a man of my word).

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #584 on: November 21, 2008, 10:23:25 AM »

I think I'm running from commitment...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.