Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:21:42 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701484 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #705 on: December 05, 2008, 01:49:42 PM »

I am now drunk  Drink

Javakoala
« Reply #706 on: December 05, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »

Why am  I remembering the time I was a little kid and stayed locked in the bathroom for three hours because I thought there was a monster on the other side of the door waiting for me to come out?  Worse yet, what if I was right?
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #707 on: December 05, 2008, 10:35:39 PM »

Over the past twenty years I have been waaaaaaaaaay too honest in my diary.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #708 on: December 06, 2008, 03:21:23 AM »

My kids decided he wants to legally change his name to "Turbonegro". I had to explain to him that the world is just not ready for that, they can barely handle it as the name of a BAND. I'm pretty sure he's F-ing with me.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #709 on: December 06, 2008, 08:11:24 AM »

Today is my binge day. I am eating and drinking as much as possible, all the stuff that's bad for me, because I deserve it.  Smile

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #710 on: December 06, 2008, 10:22:32 AM »

I've been walking 2+ miles a day, lifting weights three times a week.  And I gained a pound and a half.  How is this possible?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #711 on: December 06, 2008, 12:12:05 PM »

I've been walking 2+ miles a day, lifting weights three times a week.  And I gained a pound and a half.  How is this possible?

Muscle?

It's common for a person trying to lose weight to lose a bunch at first, and then to either level off or actually gain weight. It could be that you are starting to gain muscle mass, which you could be doing at a faster rate than you are losing fat. If you are trying to lose weight, you might want to shift to something a little more cardio-oriented.

Also, walking may not be as productive of an exercise as you think. Walking lazily can actually have the effect of building your appetite without burning any real calories. There is a HUGE difference between the results to be had from just walking and powerwalking or walking with resistance like hiking uphill or carrying a pack. I would steer away from ankle/wrist weights, as they (for me anyways) seem to put alot of strain on my joints. There is a bit of difference in opinions in what really constitutes "exercise"and what doesn't. This is what I have been told, and it seems to be reasonable: Start with the number 220, subtract your age from it. The result is the maximum you ever want your heart rate to get. Once you start whatever workout you do, get your heart rate up to between 70 and 80% of your max, and keep it there. Once you've had it to that 70-80% range for 20 minutes, anything after that, staying in the 70-80% range is doing a lot to burn calories and increase your metabolism. You should talk to your doctor first, make sure your ticker can handle that.

One of the worst pitfalls (if your trying to lose weight) is to do a decent workout, then stray from your diet. Neither diet of exercise will do it alone in most cases. One of the things I do that seems to make a workout more effective (I hike up a mountain trail for exercise) is to any time I feel I can't keep up the pace I'm at, I only slow down HALF of what I feel I need to. I know that doesn't make much sense, but it does when you're mid-workout and nearly out of breath. Also, NEVER stop to rest.

Hope that helps some. . 

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #712 on: December 06, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »

I tried jogging in an elevator today, not recommended. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #713 on: December 06, 2008, 01:08:29 PM »

It snowed two inches overnight. Now people in grocery stores will act like panicked barbarians grabbing anything they can reach and shoving their neighbors to the floor in their frenzied conquest of the canned vegetable aisle.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #714 on: December 06, 2008, 08:23:02 PM »

Thanks for the advice Ghouck.  I think my problem is probably my diet.  I can bust my butt with exercise but I absolutely hate dieting.  And it's the Christmas season, real bad time for me and calories TeddyR  This Budweiser I'm drinking right now probably isn't helping much either. 

I think I walk at a fairly brisk pace, up some good hills, but then of course I come back down them on the way home.  Probably evens out.  I think I'm gaining muscle and maybe losing some fat, at least that's my impression from looking in the mirror.  But I always try to account for my own bias, so maybe it's just wishful thinking. 

I just can't figure out how my diet can stay "relatively" the same, and I start walking and lifting weights and shoveling snow just about every other day, and the weight doesn't plummet.  Oh well, it's only been a couple of weeks.  I worked out for two years straight, then I got lazy this summer and just started again a while ago.  Probably just need to be patient.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #715 on: December 06, 2008, 08:28:05 PM »

Two nights running, drunk on dark ale, blasting glam metal at obscene volumes at 1:27 am!  BounceGiggle

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #716 on: December 06, 2008, 08:57:52 PM »

Two nights running, drunk on dark ale, blasting glam metal at obscene volumes at 1:27 am!  BounceGiggle

I used to have a next-door neighbor like you... pity they never found the body.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #717 on: December 07, 2008, 03:19:46 PM »

I think I need to read reviews on video games more often.  I don't have Xbox Live, but I bought Shadowrun for dirt cheap.  D'oh!  No single player campaign?  WTF?
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #718 on: December 07, 2008, 07:23:05 PM »

Spent half an hour on the phone today trying to cheer up a bitterly sobbing friend of mine. 'Tis the Season, yes, for children, family....wives....but Christmas is often empty and depressing if you're the Other Woman.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #719 on: December 07, 2008, 07:49:48 PM »

Is this still a static age we live in?

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.