Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:00:06 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702148 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #915 on: January 15, 2009, 02:30:31 PM »

Well, off to the hospital.  I start my new job there on Monday, and now they get to prick me with needles to make sure I don't have TB, and to make sure I don't get Hepatitis B. 
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #916 on: January 15, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »

Well, off to the hospital.  I start my new job there on Monday, and now they get to prick me with needles to make sure I don't have TB, and to make sure I don't get Hepatitis B. 

Some people get all the fun...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #917 on: January 15, 2009, 09:00:28 PM »

I should have bought the lesbian vampire film at HMV.
Vampyres.

It was only £4.99 Bluesad

Yeah, you probably should have.  It's a pretty good movie, creepy and sexy at the same time.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #918 on: January 15, 2009, 09:02:54 PM »

Why does Ghouk use two commas, , when one would do? 

Is he trying to make up for the people who don't use any commas and just write sentences that go on and on without stopping or taking a break and jump from one topic to the next so that they just become an incredible chore to read?

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #919 on: January 15, 2009, 09:46:27 PM »

Welcome to hospital life.  You get to face that prick (uh huh huh ...prick) every year.   

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BTM

« Reply #920 on: January 15, 2009, 10:55:04 PM »

At the hotel I work at we had a pot luck dinner as part of our Christmas party.  Weeks before, they posted a sign up list for everyone to write down what they were going to bring.   One of the housekeepers had written down that she was bringing Whipped Cream.  I'm like, “Whipped cream?  That's not a dessert, that's what you put ON a dessert.  That'd be like me saying I'm bringing sprinkles.”
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:53:42 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #921 on: January 16, 2009, 06:28:03 AM »

At the hotel I work out we had a pot luck dinner as part of our Christmas party.  Weeks before, they posted a sign up list for everyone to write down what they were going to bring.   One of the housekeepers had written down that she was bringing Whipped Cream.  I'm like, “Whipped cream?  That's not a dessert, that's what you put ON a dessert.  That'd be like me saying I'm bringing sprinkles.”

Thats like when my dad's family has pot luck dinners; there's this one aunt (which everyone can't stand) who always brings a 2 Liter of Sprite. Gee, like that takes a lot of effort  Hatred . And the best part, no one drinks Sprite but her. She could at least bring a decent bottle of wine and make it a little interesting. Its not like she has a job or kids to look after and doesn't have the time to make an effort...
I always wind up bringing homemade dressing or some sort of cake from scratch (not a box mix) mostly because I usually get a request from my aging grandmother to do so (plus I like to cook), although I would do it anyways out of respect since everyone else usually makes something that takes some thought or effort (such as homemade pies or hand-rolled meatballs). The whole point of a pot luck dinner is so that everyone brings something decent and pulls their own weight so the responsibility is not left up to one family/team member, its about pulling together in a communal sense so that everyone gets something great to eat and there is a variety.

Sharing food and eating together is a very intimate ordeal and a beautiful way to bond with others...

If I wrote down on the list 2 Liter of Dr Pepper, I would never hear the end of it...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #922 on: January 16, 2009, 08:35:14 AM »

I absolutely hate eating with groups of people.  I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant and gotten food that was better than what I could make at home - though I have gotten some good ideas for stuff to make at home.  Then I get done eating, but there's always somebody who's just started eating because they've been talking the whole time.  And everybody always wants to go to the buffet - I hate buffets.  Food just tastes so much better when it's been sitting under warming lights for god knows how long.  And what is this stuff anyway?  This looked good, so I took a bunch of it, but now that I sat down at the table, it's horrible!  And then when you're done eating, you get up and leave, right?  Oh no, then you sit and sip coffee for two hours.  Ahhh!  I don't even drink coffee!!!  And then somebody's got to pass around pictures of every member of their family, and I'm supposed to sit there making comments about each one of them, like I even know who the hell these people are  Hatred

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #923 on: January 16, 2009, 10:43:58 AM »

Another lovely day in Minnesota, -28 F this morning.  That's a bit nippy even for me  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #924 on: January 16, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »

PBS travel show does some tourism in....iran!!  cute pic

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #925 on: January 16, 2009, 11:49:33 AM »

Why does Ghouk use two commas, , when one would do? 

Is he trying to make up for the people who don't use any commas and just write sentences that go on and on without stopping or taking a break and jump from one topic to the next so that they just become an incredible chore to read?

It's, , , For, , ,an excessively, , long, , pause, , ,when I want, , ,to talk, ,  like, , ,William Shatner

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #926 on: January 16, 2009, 12:42:49 PM »

I absolutely hate eating with groups of people.  I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant and gotten food that was better than what I could make at home - though I have gotten some good ideas for stuff to make at home.  Then I get done eating, but there's always somebody who's just started eating because they've been talking the whole time.  And everybody always wants to go to the buffet - I hate buffets.  Food just tastes so much better when it's been sitting under warming lights for god knows how long.  And what is this stuff anyway?  This looked good, so I took a bunch of it, but now that I sat down at the table, it's horrible!  And then when you're done eating, you get up and leave, right?  Oh no, then you sit and sip coffee for two hours.  Ahhh!  I don't even drink coffee!!!  And then somebody's got to pass around pictures of every member of their family, and I'm supposed to sit there making comments about each one of them, like I even know who the hell these people are  Hatred

I feel this way after eating with the in laws come birthday time.  They all usually go out to a Chilli's and I'm one of those guys who feel when its time to eat, its generally time to shut up.  They however keep going whether there is food in their mouth or not. 

As for eating out, the food nowadays seems substandard and not worth the money in most place I go.  I have left few sit down restaurants and thought "wow that was well worth the money".  The only two that come to mind when it comes to awesome food experiences lately are Red Robin and Carrabas.  The worst when it comes to awful food for a high price lately, The Olive Garden. 

DarkSider's Realm

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #927 on: January 16, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »

Same here, I've VERY dissapointed at many restaraunts lately. Q'doba is awesome, most others kinda suck IMO. I did go into a "Lonestar Steakhouse" recently and it was pretty good. The funny thing was they had a thing on the menu stating you could "Texas Size" your order. . I asked them if that was for people on a diet  BounceGiggle (I live in Alaska).
What really impressed me was the broccoli: Nobody bothers to cook vegetables any good these days, they just overstuff a steamer and let it go, the result is what was on the bottom is over-cooked, the top undercooked, and the middle is cooked right, but collects all the crap that has washed down from what was above it. Lonestar cooked it just right and it was really good. The steak medallions (What is a medallion anyways? I mean, what part of the cow, what cut?) and shrimp, as well as the potato was pretty good. I was impressed, , ,but, , for less than half the money I could have gotten some steak nachos from Q'doba and been nearly as happy, but wouldn't have had anything left over for breakfast.

I can cook better than 99% of the restaraunts I've been to, but that's not saying much, many places here really suck, they live off the tourist dollar, and most of them don't know any better.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 01:09:18 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #928 on: January 16, 2009, 09:38:40 PM »

I'm amazed at how easily some restaurants screw up chicken.  I generally refuse chicken dishes because I've learned I only like the way I prepare it.  Its really not that hard, marinate the hell out of it and grill it. 

As for steak houses, I need to find one that cooks the steak in a manner that doesn't taste like they wiped the bottom of the grill with it. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 09:40:11 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #929 on: January 16, 2009, 10:05:39 PM »

Grammar lesson of the day: a preposition is something you should never end a sentence with.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.