Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:41:40 PM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702313 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #990 on: January 24, 2009, 03:24:14 PM »

Is there any etiquette I should keep in mind for dating a girl with the same first name as the girl I just got out of a relationship with?

oh, boy.
And to think, a minute ago I was feeling sorry for myself.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #991 on: January 24, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »

Striptease is my film of the week  TeddyR

But why is Demi more attractive with her clothes on...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #992 on: January 24, 2009, 03:37:32 PM »

anyone on this forum that can help me transelate a thing to German? I have tried google translator, but that just makes it into gibberish.... Bluesad
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #993 on: January 24, 2009, 04:22:09 PM »

anyone on this forum that can help me transelate a thing to German? I have tried google translator, but that just makes it into gibberish.... Bluesad

"jedermann auf diesem Forum, das mir helfen kann, eine Sache zum Deutschen zu übersetzen? Ich habe Google-Übersetzer versucht, aber der bildet ihn gerade in Kauderwelsch."

That's the German version of your question in BabelFish

According to BabelFish, that phrase means "everyone on this forum, which can help me to translate a thing to the German? I tried googletranslators, but straight in Kauderwelsch educates him."

Seriously, I'm pretty sure Frank's German.  Maybe he can help you.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #994 on: January 24, 2009, 04:26:59 PM »

excellent...and I tried the thing that I needed transelated in babelfish to, and it made it just worse...I think BounceGiggle
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #995 on: January 24, 2009, 08:14:08 PM »

Go to Google, click on "images," and type in "misspelled tattoos." 

This has spurred me never to get a tattoo with written language in any of it unless I give the artist something that spells out what I want properly.  I'd hate to be the guy who got the tattoo saying, "I'M AWSOME," or "TOMARROW NEVER KNOWS." 
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #996 on: January 26, 2009, 10:00:08 AM »

I dreamed Bill Murray died.  Thumbdown

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #997 on: January 26, 2009, 12:47:52 PM »

There's a desk near the entrance at work, marked reception. You'd think people would know what that means and not walk up to my desk across the other side of the building!  Hatred

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #998 on: January 26, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »

TRUE STORY:

While back on a cloudy winter day I was walking around an urban area, and about a block ahead of me I saw an elderly type man strolling along with an open umbrella resting on his shoulder. It wasn't raining or sunny-hot or any of the reasons that might've explained why he was carrying an open umbrella. Too polite to go up and ask, I kept walking till I finally caught up with him and we paused at a corner to wait on traffic before crossing the street. The man turned to me and made a stray, small talkish comment and we exchanged a few more sentences as we walked till finally curiosity got to me, so I gestured at his umbrella and asked, "Is it supposed to rain?"

"Nah," he said, "I just don't wanna get pooped on by pigeons."

As they say, it takes all kinds.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Doggett

« Reply #999 on: January 26, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »

TRUE STORY:

While back on a cloudy winter day I was walking around an urban area, and about a block ahead of me I saw an elderly type man strolling along with an open umbrella resting on his shoulder. It wasn't raining or sunny-hot or any of the reasons that might've explained why he was carrying an open umbrella. Too polite to go up and ask, I kept walking till I finally caught up with him and we paused at a corner to wait on traffic before crossing the street. The man turned to me and made a stray, small talkish comment and we exchanged a few more sentences as we walked till finally curiosity got to me, so I gestured at his umbrella and asked, "Is it supposed to rain?"

"Nah," he said, "I just don't wanna get pooped on by pigeons."

That's forward thinking  Thumbup

Doggett

« Reply #1000 on: January 26, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »

Someone on the imdb needs a life...

The one prop that has stood its ground over the last 40 years they even screwed with the TOS Phaser was probably the only prop from the original that DID NOT need to be updated at all.

And if you don't believe me watch the Enterprise episode In a Mirror Darkly it actually looks more advanced than a Phase Pistol.

Just another example of how Enterprise was respecting what came before while this film continues to disrespect it. The NX-01 did not look more advanced than the 1701 (ok apart from interiors but they made up for that with the cramped quarters and very little creature comforts to show this ship was way BEFORE Kirks Enterprise.)

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1001 on: January 26, 2009, 11:58:55 PM »

I finally found a new song to hate.
Not because I dislike it, but because somebody keeps playing the same snippet over & over & over...

There must be more to the song "At Last" than just the first two words... sheesh

Good thing Beyonce didn't do a cover of "Iron Man", or I would've been a tad disgruntled.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1002 on: January 27, 2009, 12:05:47 AM »

Someone on the imdb needs a life...

Many on the imdb need a life. . There are even worse examples than that around.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #1003 on: January 27, 2009, 09:10:15 AM »

Last night, I got more drunk than I've ever been before in my life (6 beers, three Irish Car Bombs, and what my friends refer to as a Chocolate Cake Shot drank over the course of about 45 minutes, as opposed to my usual slow enjoyment of alcoholic beverages). 

I had trouble standing (I'm sure I'll get a lot of "lightweight" comments from more experienced drinkers) but had no difficulty, other than a slight slurring of speech, in pontificating on the importance of beer to the Inca people of Peru.  I think there were other topics I was able to address eruditely in my tipsy state, but I don't remember what they are right now.

This event has proven life-changing for me.  I've always been a very timid little worrywart, too paralyzed by concerns about potential risks to ever let go and *do* things.  I never took a chance if I wasn't 100% certain I'd come out on top. 

The amount I had to drink took away some of those inhibitions while still leaving me fairly well in charge of my mental facilities.  The mask that I always cover my true feelings with dropped to the ground and shattered, and I felt FREE.  I chatted up girls I never would have had the nerve to do more than glance at before, I expressed myself honestly instead of couching my meaning in equivocation and softened words...and I realized how good it felt to be that FREE. 

I realized, in the aftermath of that night, that I only have so much time on this earth.  If I'm going to squander that time being paralyzed by potential risk, then what's the point? It's time to enjoy myself -- do new things -- take chances -- be spontaneous -- in short, LIVE.  Wagner wrote, "The Free Man must create himself" and I'm damn overdue. 

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1004 on: January 27, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »

Last night, I got more drunk than I've ever been before in my life (6 beers, three Irish Car Bombs, and what my friends refer to as a Chocolate Cake Shot drank over the course of about 45 minutes, as opposed to my usual slow enjoyment of alcoholic beverages). 

I had trouble standing (I'm sure I'll get a lot of "lightweight" comments from more experienced drinkers) but had no difficulty, other than a slight slurring of speech, in pontificating on the importance of beer to the Inca people of Peru.  I think there were other topics I was able to address eruditely in my tipsy state, but I don't remember what they are right now.

This event has proven life-changing for me.  I've always been a very timid little worrywart, too paralyzed by concerns about potential risks to ever let go and *do* things.  I never took a chance if I wasn't 100% certain I'd come out on top. 

The amount I had to drink took away some of those inhibitions while still leaving me fairly well in charge of my mental facilities.  The mask that I always cover my true feelings with dropped to the ground and shattered, and I felt FREE.  I chatted up girls I never would have had the nerve to do more than glance at before, I expressed myself honestly instead of couching my meaning in equivocation and softened words...and I realized how good it felt to be that FREE. 

I realized, in the aftermath of that night, that I only have so much time on this earth.  If I'm going to squander that time being paralyzed by potential risk, then what's the point? It's time to enjoy myself -- do new things -- take chances -- be spontaneous -- in short, LIVE.  Wagner wrote, "The Free Man must create himself" and I'm damn overdue. 

Watch out though, that's how most addictions start: someone using a substance for a purpose or a change it makes, as opposed to just for recreation. If you can do it with the alcohol, you can do it without.

BTW, you're never as cool, funny, or as smart as you think you are when you're drunk.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.