Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:14:25 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701533 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1620 on: April 05, 2009, 10:27:05 AM »

A story told by an Eastern Kentucky prosecutor under the "you can't make this stuff up" heading.

A couple was constantly coming in front of the county judge because the woman was constantly taking out a restraining order against the man.  Each time they made up, she would have the order dissolved or let it expire, then go back to court the next time they had a fight.  The judge was understandably frustrated at seeing this couple in her courtroom over and over, year after year, repeating the same pattern.

One day she asked the man in court, "Sir, how can you live this way?  What in the world has happened in your life to bring you to this point?" 

The man hung his head and answered, "Well, judge, it all started the day Dale Earnhardt died..." 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #1621 on: April 05, 2009, 10:28:31 AM »

The job centre site is really depressing me... Bluesad

They seriously need to do some jiggery-pokery doodaa whatcha mcallit with that site, it's too jumbled and random. Abit like that last sentence.

There's no work in my area, the only stuff there is either requires previous experience or a drivers licence  Bluesad

A lot of people with no previous experience or qualifications are going into care-type jobs. Some people at work with 20-odd years engineering experience have gone into care jobs. They don't even have sunny dispositions.

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1622 on: April 05, 2009, 10:31:26 AM »

The job centre site is really depressing me... Bluesad

They seriously need to do some jiggery-pokery doodaa whatcha mcallit with that site, it's too jumbled and random. Abit like that last sentence.

There's no work in my area, the only stuff there is either requires previous experience or a drivers licence  Bluesad

A lot of people with no previous experience or qualifications are going into care-type jobs. Some people at work with 20-odd years engineering experience have gone into care jobs. They don't even have sunny dispositions.

I'm already a carer !!! I can't take it any more !
I've been one since I was 12 !!!!

I'm going to do an online art course. It won't get me a job, but it'll keep my mind of the pointlessness of life.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 10:34:33 AM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1623 on: April 05, 2009, 10:34:50 AM »

I'm going to do an online art course. It won't get me a job, but it'll keep my mind of the pointlessness of life.

Oh - I found out recently you can make money selling tattoo designs to tattooists

Doggett

« Reply #1624 on: April 05, 2009, 10:35:44 AM »

Oh - I found out recently you can make money selling tattoo designs to tattooists

Seriously ?
  Buggedout

Wag
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1625 on: April 05, 2009, 10:37:14 AM »

Seriously ?
  Buggedout

Apparently - a friend of mine got £70 for one and £130 for another and I suspect he's just copied them of something he lifted from the internet. THinking of doing it myself.

Doggett

« Reply #1626 on: April 05, 2009, 10:39:37 AM »

Seriously ?
  Buggedout

Apparently - a friend of mine got £70 for one and £130 for another and I suspect he's just copied them of something he lifted from the internet. THinking of doing it myself.

Yeah, but I want a simple 9-5, dead end job.

The whole Tax/NI thing is probably really complicated if you're self employed.

Doggett

« Reply #1627 on: April 05, 2009, 10:40:30 AM »

That reminds me- I lost my NI card a few years back, should try to get another !!!!

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1628 on: April 05, 2009, 10:52:29 AM »

Failblog is starting to lose it's touch, I'm seeing more and more pictures that aren't really FAIL, just out of the ordinary. Kinda reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy's work: He started with a good idea, his whole "You might be a redneck if. . " routine, now it has nothing to do with rednecks, it's just a way for him to deliver random thoughts. "You might be a redneck if, , , you refer to your wife and your mother-in-law as 'dual air bags'". .

Anyways, back to failblog: The following is a picture I just don't see the fail in. It looks to me like what a less-developed country has done to solve a problem within their own means. I mean, they could just not get the kids to school, but they didn't, they used a little ingenuity to get the kids a friggin' education. Sounds like win to me.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1629 on: April 05, 2009, 11:05:28 AM »

Failblog is starting to lose it's touch, I'm seeing more and more pictures that aren't really FAIL, just out of the ordinary. Kinda reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy's work: He started with a good idea, his whole "You might be a redneck if. . " routine, now it has nothing to do with rednecks, it's just a way for him to deliver random thoughts. "You might be a redneck if, , , you refer to your wife and your mother-in-law as 'dual air bags'". .

Anyways, back to failblog: The following is a picture I just don't see the fail in. It looks to me like what a less-developed country has done to solve a problem within their own means. I mean, they could just not get the kids to school, but they didn't, they used a little ingenuity to get the kids a friggin' education. Sounds like win to me.

Good point.  This isn't what the submitter was aiming at, but maybe the slogan on the side of the bus fails.  I wouldn't want my kids to settle for "an English medium co-education."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #1630 on: April 05, 2009, 11:26:15 AM »

I have to mow grass today...
Sometimes I really hate being domesticated; we should all live like feral cats....

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1631 on: April 05, 2009, 11:32:56 AM »

I have to mow grass today...
Sometimes I really hate being domesticated; we should all live like feral cats....

We still have 6 inches of snow, on top of a foot of ice that needs to go away before we can mow. .

I agree that we should live more naturally, except then people pee everywhere. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1632 on: April 05, 2009, 12:15:02 PM »

Yesterday I smacked my right elbow into something - right in the funny bone.  Today I got the left one in the funny bone.  Not a big fan of symmetry right now.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1633 on: April 05, 2009, 11:17:45 PM »

Yesterday I smacked my right elbow into something - right in the funny bone.  Today I got the left one in the funny bone.  Not a big fan of symmetry right now.

Did you laugh about it?

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1634 on: April 06, 2009, 04:53:22 AM »

I have learned something about being a patient transporter: we are Murphy's Law's toilet.  Everything critical that has to happen with a patient happens when we get there, especially when they've had ample time and a forewarning beforehand.  Everyone wants to draw blood, get vitals, do an EKG, check the urine or stools, and extract the patient's soul to be sold on eBay right when we get there.  Everything that should be a few seconds turns into five or ten minutes, and we run on something of a time limit. 

If someone has a highly contagious disease, there's often been no warning; but if someone has a history of an infectious disease (as in, not currently present, but in their records), then there are all sorts of precautions and personal protective equipment everywhere.  Just today, a couple of transporters walked into a tuberculosis patient's room to take him somewhere.  No sign on the door, nothing warning anyone save for a lone TB mask sitting on the patient's counter.  The same thing happened to me, only I started rolling a two-year-old patient over so I could read her name band.  Once again, no warnings, no nothing.  Nurse walks in fully gloved and gowned and says she has a contagious disease.  Thanks for letting me know after I've touched the patient.  Thankfully, I had gloves on. 

And that's all I've got to say about that.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.