Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:52:14 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702355 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12165 on: August 30, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »

Saw a headline on the local news webpage today that said something like "Snooki has a baby boy" and had to laugh out loud. To think that there are people in the general public who actually care about the sex of Snooki's baby is just so absurd. What a surreal world we live in.

I can think of plenty of legitimate celebrities whose personal lives remain largely a mystery to me. I have been entertained for years by people with real talent and skill, and unless the information was right in front of me, I've seldom thought about what they go home to or do on their own time. I admire their work.

It blows me away, not just the degree to which folks will eat up any information pertaining to celebrities, but also the sort of people they're willing to give all this attention to. I don't even have that much interest in people who might actually deserve it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:33:13 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12166 on: August 30, 2012, 05:01:24 PM »

My life would sure be a lot easier if one of our daughters took up cosmetology.  Then I'd get free haircuts for life and I wouldn't even have to leave the house. 

But no, they won't do that for their dear ol' dad.  Bluesad

My wife used to cut my hair, but, well...she's a fantastic girl and all but...that whole Moe from the Three Stooges look just never really suited me.

I guess the only option left is to drive all the way down to the stylist's, sit around reading Cosmopolitan for 10 minutes, then sit in a chair and engage in small talk with somebody I barely know for 20 minutes.

I was certain you owned and regularly used a Flowbee.

I tried that once but didn't care for the results

Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12167 on: August 30, 2012, 05:58:04 PM »

My life would sure be a lot easier if one of our daughters took up cosmetology.  Then I'd get free haircuts for life and I wouldn't even have to leave the house. 

But no, they won't do that for their dear ol' dad.  Bluesad

My wife used to cut my hair, but, well...she's a fantastic girl and all but...that whole Moe from the Three Stooges look just never really suited me.

I guess the only option left is to drive all the way down to the stylist's, sit around reading Cosmopolitan for 10 minutes, then sit in a chair and engage in small talk with somebody I barely know for 20 minutes.

I was certain you owned and regularly used a Flowbee.

PAQUITA'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  yaaaaayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We missed you, zombie girl!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #12168 on: August 30, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »

Why is one of the stripes on Stan Smith's American Flag lapel pin yellow? Question

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12169 on: August 31, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »

I survived Katrina, Gustav, now Issac! Plus some other minor hurricanes/tropical storms! Thumbup Add that to my resume  TongueOut

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #12170 on: September 01, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »

Harry Potter definitely works better if you just flow along with the delight of the material and don't think too much. But...

Why didn't the students just use Floo powder and zip home with their families at night instead of staying at Hogwarts for nine months straight?

Also, if the Marauder's Map revealed Scabbers to be Wormtail, how come the Weasley twins didn't see that years earlier and rat him out (yes, a little pun) instead of letting this reviled evil-doer sleep in bed with their younger brother?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #12171 on: September 01, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »

The new Judge Dredd movie looks pretty good, actually.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12172 on: September 01, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »

In many ways, my life sucks right now but whining about it or wallowing in self pity ain't going to do diddly squat to change anything. I'm hoping the path I've chosen to take leads me to better places.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12173 on: September 02, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »

If y'all think you got it bad, I walked outside this morning, first thing, and a bird pooped in my hair.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12174 on: September 02, 2012, 09:14:24 PM »

But hey! The day can only go up from there, right??
(If it doesn't, go back to bed, sleep awhile, and then get up and give the day another chance!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12175 on: September 02, 2012, 09:15:16 PM »

I found arrowheads yesterday . . . . TeddyR

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12176 on: September 03, 2012, 12:41:24 AM »

Boy today was a day that'll go down in the "anals" of history. Bird scores a hit in my hair this morning, as noted, I got cussed out by a Texan because I wouldn't delete a "spirited" email from 2002, my dog....well, nevermind what my dog, did, the wussy remnants of a hurricane passed through and a limb that'd been hanging off a tree for weeks now picked just the best moment to sway a bit to the right, came earthward and broke some glass in a garden shed, but to top it all off, tonight after a big fireworks show, I was sitting stuck in traffic and some drunk backed into my car at about 15 MPH, and I just had to sit there and watch him do it, rolling closer and closer, noplace to go until WHAM! New door needed. DUI for him, higher insurance premiums for me. Oh, well, I'm laughing about it all. Pretty funny kinda day if you think about it...

Good thing I don't drink!!

lol Nite, everybody and happy Labor Day!

JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12177 on: September 03, 2012, 04:25:21 PM »

Watching The Video Dead off and on via Netflix.   Cheers I'm enjoying it.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12178 on: September 03, 2012, 04:48:07 PM »

I've decided I won't eat anything that's capable of writing a novel.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12179 on: September 03, 2012, 07:47:17 PM »

WHEW!!! I'm safe!!! TeddyR

Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.