Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:05:23 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701630 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14160 on: March 03, 2014, 11:57:02 AM »

I'm a backwoods Baptist . . . don't hold with none of that pagan mask-wearing, boobie-flashing nonsense in my neck o' the woods! TeddyR BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #14161 on: March 03, 2014, 12:12:40 PM »

Oh that, that's only in the French Quarter on Bourbon Street. You can easily avoid that by going to the start of the parades.  Wink

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #14162 on: March 03, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »

The one and only time I went to Mardi Gras I came home with a faint black eye. Some drunk Jamaican-looking dude in drag was swinging all these beads around and around helicopter style to clear a path for himself while walking through a crowd, and I got backed into a building and couldn't back up anymore and he caught me right in the eye with those. Hurt like a mofo, man! (As I described it in 1998.) 

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14163 on: March 03, 2014, 02:36:40 PM »

Very occasionally, I tend to hear stories about entertainers in Middle Eastern & former Soviet countries keeping their day jobs; that no matter how famous they get, they never get rich...

Makes me wonder how entertainment, & the people involved in it would really look, if that were the prevailing attitude everywhere...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14164 on: March 03, 2014, 02:40:19 PM »

In particular, it makes me wonder about some of these causes that rich celebrities get behind.
Would they still have the same POV...

Very occasionally, I tend to hear stories about entertainers in Middle Eastern & former Soviet countries keeping their day jobs; that no matter how famous they get, they never get rich...

Makes me wonder how entertainment, & the people involved in it would really look, if that were the prevailing attitude everywhere...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14165 on: March 03, 2014, 02:54:43 PM »

Squished my thumb in the garbage can lid.
Banged my leg on something and took a chunk of skin out of that.

Worst part is these things always happen in threes...

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #14166 on: March 03, 2014, 05:11:46 PM »

Actually found some old archived Scifilm posts on my computer...kind of cool to read old stuff from evilskippy, Chadzilla, Greg K., Jeff Talbot, Andrew Kidd, DSindelar, Uncle Bela, Bobby-G and IronWolfe - most of it was "Your genre rentals and buys this week" posts from IronWolfe. Surprisingly nothing there from marthahunter or Victoria Silverwolf though...Makes me wonder whatever happened to some of these people...know DSindelar is still doing his movie of the day and I think Andrew Kidd might be still on the Classic Film Horror Board. Chadzilla used to be a BMO regular too. Wonder where he is nowadays. Greg K.? IronWolfe? Bobby-G? evilskippy?

Wonder what happened to Saucerman here. Haven't seen him post in a while either...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #14167 on: March 03, 2014, 05:36:22 PM »

If I never hear "Alright alright alright!" again for as long as I live it will be too soon.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
VenomX73

« Reply #14168 on: March 03, 2014, 06:46:59 PM »

I wonder what will happen? Russian troops deployed in Ukraine...

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14169 on: March 03, 2014, 06:48:04 PM »

No one has died yet
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14170 on: March 03, 2014, 07:24:56 PM »

Can you imagine living in a country where your next door neighbor can send in troops if they want, and there's nothing you can do about it?

Would any Canadians like to chime in on that question?  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14171 on: March 03, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »

Crimea has voted to be separate from Ukraine many times. Ukraine is kind of the invading neighbor too in a sense
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #14172 on: March 03, 2014, 11:13:30 PM »

The one and only time I went to Mardi Gras I came home with a faint black eye. Some drunk Jamaican-looking dude in drag was swinging all these beads around and around helicopter style to clear a path for himself while walking through a crowd, and I got backed into a building and couldn't back up anymore and he caught me right in the eye with those. Hurt like a mofo, man! (As I described it in 1998.) 
I am certain that last night a boss drunk fired someone. by drunk fired I mean she fired someone while drunk.

yeah no.
claws
« Reply #14173 on: March 04, 2014, 06:36:10 AM »

Last night I was walking home from work (late shift) around 11:30 PM and there was this German shepherd standing in the middle of the street, staring at some house / window. I immediately stopped (I was about 100 feet away) and waited until the dog went away. Apparently he didn't notice me.
Call me a wuss but there's something creepy about seeing a big stray dog in the middle of the night, especially in a quiet part of town, with no other people walking about.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14174 on: March 04, 2014, 08:43:31 AM »

Crimea has voted to be separate from Ukraine many times. Ukraine is kind of the invading neighbor too in a sense

When the Soviet Union broke up the Russians agreed Crimea was part of Ukraine, as long as they reserved the right to naval bases there.  There are many Russians in Crimea who want to join Russia (God knows why, they must love incompetent dictatorships), but I'm not aware of any official votes to secede. Crimea has a semi-autonomous government. Under international law and treaties which Russia agreed to, Crimea is clearly part of Ukraine.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.